• Last Week’s Workouts {24 Weeks}

February 15, 2014

Another great week of workouts! I actually worked out quite a lot this week—only one true rest day. Jeez, that’s more activity that I typically got before I was pregnant! I dunno, I guess I was felt especially good this week!

I know at some point pregnancy is going to slow me down in a major way, so I’m staying as active as possible while I can. That said, here’s a recap of last week’s workouts!

Sunday: CrossFit (Open Gym)

Mal and I did “Fight Gone Bad” during Open Gym. Recap here. (Brightly-colored socks always make workouts more fun!)

Monday: CrossFit

The WOD was an AMRAP 10 followed by a quickie, all-out workout. Recap here.

photo (14) (640x480)

Tuesday: 60-minute spinning class

photo (15) (640x480)

Wednesday: CrossFit

Wednesday’s class had a nice little WOD: Burpees + Double Unders. I did Squat Thrusts instead of Burpees, which were still really hard! Jeez, Louise. I was surprised how exhausted they made me. I remember the days when I could bust out 10 Burpees, no problem, but now I’m stopping after 4 or 5 Squat Thrusts to rest. Oh, how things have changed! I finished 8 + 2.

Wednesday_WOD_from_CrossFit_781

Thursday: CrossFit

Thursday’s workout was kind of deceiving. We warmed-up on the Power Snatches before the start of the workout, and our coach told us to work above the WOD weight, so I did a bunch of reps at 55 pounds—nothing crazy because I’m still getting use to how and whether I can navigate my baby bump with a barbell. (So far, so good!)

When it came time to do the WOD, the first round of Power Snatches seemed so light. I plowed through them and felt awesome. Well, this drastically changed by the second and third rounds… oh my goodness, the Power Snatches got SO HARD. Not really heavy, but just exhausting—same goes with the Sumo Deadlift High Pulls. I thought it was maybe because I was pregnant that I was struggling so much, but everyone was slowing down and breaking up their reps. Apparently, the Toes-to-Bar (Kipping Knee Raises for me), box jumps, and rowing just really wore us out!

I finished 3+25 (the clock ran out during my 4th row) using the prescribed weight and 20” box for box jumps.

The_White_Whale_WOD_from_CrossFit_781

Friday: Off

Saturday: 30-minute walk with Murphy

CrossFit modifications so far:

P.S. Be sure to enter my 6th Annual Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt! I will pick a winner on Monday morning!

Alex @ Kenzie Life February 15, 2014 at 9:56 am

Sounds like a busy week! I love fun socks too–Pure Barre recently came out with colored sticky socks and when I saw them at my studio it was the most exciting part of my day!

Becky @ Olives n Wine February 15, 2014 at 11:04 am

Wow, you were active this week! I like that you’re taking it week by week and taking advantage of the ones you feel amazing!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun February 15, 2014 at 11:08 am

Sounds like you got some great workouts in this week! Awesome job!

Lauren@golaurengo February 15, 2014 at 11:27 am

You are definitely more fit and active pregnant than I am, non-pregnant! Very impressive!!

Livi February 15, 2014 at 11:39 am

way to go! you were on fire last week! pregnancy can’t slow you down!

Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork February 15, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Such a busy week! You must have been feeling great to get all of that in. Well done and I hope you continue to feel great!

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal February 15, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Those socks! So fun :) But sounds like a busy week but I’m sure it will be awesome nonetheless! :)

Cheri @ Overactive Blogger February 15, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Dang girl! Most of my workouts had to be inside because I was snowed in all week but I got them in! But looks like you got me beat!

Jenn@ Mark My Miles! February 15, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Great job Tina!!! That is more than I did and I’m not pregnant : )

Shel@PeachyPalate February 15, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Man you’re doing so well! You can lift so heavy any way when I hear you say you ONLY did 55lbs ….it’s still epic in my eyes! :)

Megan @ TheSkinny-Life February 15, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Wow! That’s impressive workouts. I’m more envious of your ability to take “off” days. I have an extremely difficult time with that. I have to do some active even if it’s lower impact. I can’t just have a day where I do nothing.

Rhiannon @ Bound to be a Buckeye February 15, 2014 at 3:45 pm

That’s great! It’s so interesting to read how things area changing along the way, I hadn’t even considered how the baby bump might affect the barbell =)

Anne February 15, 2014 at 6:08 pm

My baby didn’t arrive until 42 weeks and I exercised actively all the up to the day before he arrived (12/3/13)… So you may not have to slow down much!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats February 15, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Looks like you had a great week of workouts this week! I’ve had more of a low key week when it has come to exercise this week as work has been pretty busy but I’m hoping to step it up again this week.

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves February 15, 2014 at 10:11 pm

You rock, Tina! These look like some great workouts. Baby Haupert must be havin’ fun jumping around with you ;)
    I’m going to wear some neon high knee socks during my workout one day.

Annette@FitnessPerks February 15, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Those are fun socks!!

Way to rock your workouts this week :) By the way, you might not have to slow down much, I taught fitness classes up until my baby was born (15 days past her due date…grrrrr! hah), and felt fine. Just had to go to bed early!

Have a nice weekend!

Elizabeth @ Positive Change February 16, 2014 at 8:07 am

Great job this week! You are just so inspiring!

Ash Bear February 16, 2014 at 10:32 am

I’m so glad you’re feeling well enough to work out! That is such a wonderful sign!

Abby @ BackAtSquareZero February 16, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Great workouts. I keep thinking about buying those ProCompression and then wussing out and buying boring plain colors instead, but those are so fun!

Karen - Fit in France February 16, 2014 at 3:00 pm

So glad that you can still work out like that ! Your baby is thanking you for all that blood flow and oxygen !

Liesl @ Fitnessinthekitchen February 17, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Loving these posts you are totally rocking it!