Good morning and a very HAPPY Monday to you!
How was your weekend? Ours was pretty low-key, but, at the same time, it was really nice and much-needed, especially after last week’s travel to the West coast and Mal’s solo parenting for part of the week. We both wanted to relax and unwind, but we also managed to accomplish quite a bit (i.e. cleaning, shopping, small house projects, meal prep), which helped us get prepared for the week ahead. That said, here’s a top 10 list of the best/most fun happenings/things from the weekend (in no particular order)!
1. A new “Fran” PR. We did “Fran” at Salt Shack on Friday, and I knocked 18 seconds off my time from 2013. Not too shabby!
2. Saturday morning partner WOD + toddler CrossFit shenanigans. Saturday workouts are my favorite! And I love that Quinn is starting to love the gym as much as we do. Most days, he doesn’t want to leave!
3. Post-workout donuts + iced coffee at The Coffee Shack. I love our little family tradition. I definitely look forward to it all week!
4. New kicks from Brooks. Oh my goodness, I love these sneakers so much! They’re so versatile, and I’ve been wearing them with skinny jeans, leggings, and workout gear pretty much non-stop since they arrived in the mail. They’re the City Chariot, which were inspired by the world’s most iconic city skylines and comes with a custom sock liner that spotlights well-know architecture, like the Space Needle, Eiffel Tower, and Statue of Liberty. (It’s such a fun detail!) Each suede style features three color-blocked shades, including variations of blue, teal, purple and grey. These new colors will be available online on 5/1, BUT there are tons of other colors available online— many of which are ON SALE right now!
5. I got my hair fixed. Two weeks ago, I decided to try something different with my hair and got highlights, but they did not turn out how I had hoped. They were kind of light to begin with, but then they turned even lighter. It almost looked like I had gray hair because they were such a light blonde, so I decided to have my hair dyed back to it’s “usual” color, which I like sooooo much better. No more highlights for me! Photos via carrotsncake on Snapchat.
6. I slept until 8:45 AM on Sunday morning. Guys, it was glorious. I can’t remember the last time I slept that late. Maybe not since Quinn was born?!? When I woke up the house was empty, so I made myself breakfast and then watched half of an episode of Vanderpump Rules. (Again, I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that I watch this show, but I just can’t stop myself. It’s a guilt pleasure for sure!)
7. When Mal and Quinn returned home, they had a Pecan Sticky Bun iced coffee for me. Mmm! They’re the best!
8. Quinn and I spent the rest of the morning playing and cooking together. He was in a great mood and we laughed a ton!
9. Mal cleaned the interior of my car, which was really nice of him. It’s something I hardly ever do because, truthfully, it’s just low on my priority list and, well, #toddlerlife #snacks #dirtypugpaws.
10. Eating Matzoh Crunch from Whole Foods. Mal scooped some up during our weekly shopping trip and it was quite a nice surprise. It’s matzoh covered in caramel and chocolate and, holy cow, it’s incredible!
Questions of the Day
Do you color your hair? Single process? Highlights? Glaze? Something else?
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being disgusting), how dirty is your car?
What’s your current favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
I just got highlights a few weeks ago. My hair is naturally a really dark blonde, so I can work with lighter blonde.
On a scale of 1-10, my car is like a 7, in my opinion. It’s not messy, per se, because my gym bag and purse are all that’s really in there. But I take my dog out frequently, and his hair is EVERYWHERE. It’s gross and I need it detailed so badly!
I love VPR!
Do you color your hair? Single process? Highlights? Glaze? Something else? I get balayage highlights. It took me a few tries to get a color I like on my darker brown hair (I told her very natural, a few shades lighter than my base color). But I’d highly recommend it because it usually does not go to the roots so it blends in so well.
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being disgusting), how dirty is your car? 1 – but mostly because it’s pretty new! 😉
What’s your current favorite guilty pleasure TV show? Parenthood – I guess not that guilty, but I’m not even a parent haha
I loved Parenthood so much. Enjoy!!
Love those sneakers!
I love Vanderpump Rules! But what’s even worse is Southern Charm. Oh it’s so bad. Total train wreck!
I tried the highlight route myself and went back to my natural brown color as well. Too much upkeep, and if you spend time outside the color will lighten considerably. No harm in trying something new though. Awesome sneakers. Outlander absolutely. Season 2 is back on Starz. xo Lauren
845! What a dream. I feel like I’m so used to getting up early with my daughter that I’m not sure I could sleep in if getting the opportunity. I’ve really been loving Hollywood Medium on E! And I could watch Say Yes to the Dress all day if given the chance to. I’d love a mom day off just to sleep and watch bad tv.
I love those Brooks shoes! Definitely will be checking them out.
Thank you for my Passover dessert!!
Need to check whole foods by me has matzoh crunch!
Car about 6.
chocolate matzoh is so good! Passover starts next week and I only get excited about the desserts lol.
I only color to cover grey ( I started greying at 28)
It’s about a 3 thanks to my dog
Not currently watching but I love the bad girls club ( hangs head in shame)
I HAD to comment after seeing your second question, too funny! My car is always clean on the inside (outside, meh, I slack on that one) and I never store stuff or leave papers inside. My twin brother, however, has DESTROYED the inside of his Subaru, no joke. But this weekend, he washed both of our cars as a surprise! It was a sweet touch for someone who never cleans anything.
Car cleaning = super low on my priority list but I also still drive a super old car love my little civic but she doesn’t look that great on the outside so I’m not not motivated to clean the inside ! Sometimes my hubby does though and that’s nice!
I have been thinking about highlights but I think you totally changed my mind about it! Natural is the way to go, plus I guess it keeps your hair healthier too!
I started watching Parenthood as well since you suggested it one day – I’m hooked! I’m actually really going to sad when I’m done with the final season.
Your hair looks great! 🙂
It’s so good, right?!?
I love your new hair color! It really looks great. I have been highlighting my hair for a while now and I really like having some summery blonde highlights. I am pretty low maintenance, so I am not the best with keeping it up.
Ohhh pretty much every show on Bravo – Vanderpump Rules, RHONY (OC, Potomac, etc.). I slept in on Sunday, too, and it felt amazing! Yay for catching up on sleep every once in awhile.
I get highlights to cover up my random grays along my hairline and part. They got worse last year when I turned 31. It helps them blend. They’re a honey blondish sort of color that goes with the natural reddish ones I get in the summer in my brown hair.
My car is probably a 3 right now. Toddlers are messy!
I get into real housewives of NJ and Atlanta sometimes. My husband likes them too, so we tease the heck out of each other, it’s a great bonding experience 😉
I get highlights about once a year. My hair dies naturally in the summer when I’m outside so I don’t need to do it except in the winter. As I’ve gotten older, I actually like the darker, natural color of my hair anyway.
I have had the dreaded highlight experience as well. Ugh. Now my stylist goes for balayage color, which I love. My guilty pleasure shows are RHW and One Tree Hill.
All over color for me. I go from blond to carmel.
Love the sneakers! I really want a pair of New Balance for with jeans!
My kicks are actually from Brooks!
I’m from LA and I FINALLY made it over to SUR and Pump. It was so fun! SUR kind of turns into a club at night! The owners were there but no LVP. BUT i did get a pick the one and only DJ James Kennedy at pump. So fun!
That’s so cool!!
I can totally relate to highlights gone wrong. In 8th grade I got a purple streak in my hair thinking it would be cool. Turned out, it was not and I heard about it all year. Middle school girls are a particularly terrible type of mean girl haha!
One of my favorite things about your blog is how you’re always introducing “new” foods (aka new to me) or about things you’ve tried and your opinion or a good way to use them in a recipe so will definitely need to try out the Matzoh!
A couple years ago, I had a bad dye job (the strawberry blond I wanted turned into a horrifying red) so to fix it, had to bleach it. Since then I stick to a more natural blond or do highlights to cover the grey. Also have done a Keratin treatment (mine lasted 6 months) that I absolutely loved but now I have an anti-frizz shampoo/condition that works just as well.
I have a lot of favorite guilty TV shows that even after I’ve finished the series, I will start back at the Pilot episode. Parenthood, White Collar, Grey’s Anatomy – to name a few.
Your hair color is very similar to mine now! I have naturally “mousey” brown hair, but I dye it myself using a mix of 3 professional hair colors to get a really deep dark brown with a hint of auburn/purple and I love it. My car– well I JUST cleaned it super well yesterday! So now it’s about a 2. Before that, maybe a 5 🙂 No kids though, so all the mess was mine to claim haha.
Oh how I miss Crossfit lol Seems to be an amazing weekend. I just discovered your blog, followed via blogloving 🙂
The sticky bun coffee sounds unreal! I’m going through a flavoured coffee phase at the moment..
I’d say my car is a 4! We usually keep it clean, but the changing weather always makes the floor a MESS! It’s very ‘clay’-like as the ground is frozen one second and then ooey-gooey the next! I also have a tendency to spill coffee every-time-I’m-in-the-car……
Favourite Guilty Pleasure TV show is definitely The Desperate Housewives of Vancouver. I can’t stand the women yet I can’t stop watching the show! Another show I’m super into lately is Wentworth! SO good.
My little one absolutely loves to color too! It is so fun watching her. 🙂 And I love your new Brooks! They are so cute! 🙂
This is a really random question, but one I have been wondering for a while…do you wear socks with those shoes when you wear skinny jeans, cropped jeans etc. From pictures, it looks like most people don’t wear socks, but then don’t you get blisters and/or sweaty feet? They are so cute though and I would like to pull off this look, thanks!
The secret is sock liners/no-show socks! I recently bought these ones from Kohls and they’re perfect for that no-show look! http://rstyle.me/n/bm8456b5itf
I’ve actually never colored my hair. The hairstylists are always so amazed at it and keep referring to me as “virgin hair” haha
That donut looks amazing and I love your shoes! I’ve never been much of a Brooks girl but those shoes are pretty awesome looking 🙂
I get hand painted highlights which I love because they look more natural and I can go longer in between colors because they help hide the grays – and the salon I found is SUPER affordable.
Lets just say I could fill an entire box of cheerios with the amount in my car on any given week! We actually just road tripped so I had a good excuse to vacuum them all up! But seriously my son’s car seat alot can fill a bowl!
That donut looks heavenly!!! Have a great rest of your week 🙂
Edye // Gracefulcoffee