Good morning and a very HAPPY Monday to you!
How was your weekend? Ours was pretty low-key, but, at the same time, it was really nice and much-needed, especially after last week’s travel to the West coast and Mal’s solo parenting for part of the week. We both wanted to relax and unwind, but we also managed to accomplish quite a bit (i.e. cleaning, shopping, small house projects, meal prep), which helped us get prepared for the week ahead. That said, here’s a top 10 list of the best/most fun happenings/things from the weekend (in no particular order)!
1. A new “Fran” PR. We did “Fran” at Salt Shack on Friday, and I knocked 18 seconds off my time from 2013. Not too shabby!
2. Saturday morning partner WOD + toddler CrossFit shenanigans. Saturday workouts are my favorite! And I love that Quinn is starting to love the gym as much as we do. Most days, he doesn’t want to leave!
3. Post-workout donuts + iced coffee at The Coffee Shack. I love our little family tradition. I definitely look forward to it all week!
4. New kicks from Brooks. Oh my goodness, I love these sneakers so much! They’re so versatile, and I’ve been wearing them with skinny jeans, leggings, and workout gear pretty much non-stop since they arrived in the mail. They’re the City Chariot, which were inspired by the world’s most iconic city skylines and comes with a custom sock liner that spotlights well-know architecture, like the Space Needle, Eiffel Tower, and Statue of Liberty. (It’s such a fun detail!) Each suede style features three color-blocked shades, including variations of blue, teal, purple and grey. These new colors will be available online on 5/1, BUT there are tons of other colors available online— many of which are ON SALE right now!
5. I got my hair fixed. Two weeks ago, I decided to try something different with my hair and got highlights, but they did not turn out how I had hoped. They were kind of light to begin with, but then they turned even lighter. It almost looked like I had gray hair because they were such a light blonde, so I decided to have my hair dyed back to it’s “usual” color, which I like sooooo much better. No more highlights for me! Photos via carrotsncake on Snapchat.
6. I slept until 8:45 AM on Sunday morning. Guys, it was glorious. I can’t remember the last time I slept that late. Maybe not since Quinn was born?!? When I woke up the house was empty, so I made myself breakfast and then watched half of an episode of Vanderpump Rules. (Again, I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that I watch this show, but I just can’t stop myself. It’s a guilt pleasure for sure!)
7. When Mal and Quinn returned home, they had a Pecan Sticky Bun iced coffee for me. Mmm! They’re the best!
8. Quinn and I spent the rest of the morning playing and cooking together. He was in a great mood and we laughed a ton!
9. Mal cleaned the interior of my car, which was really nice of him. It’s something I hardly ever do because, truthfully, it’s just low on my priority list and, well, #toddlerlife #snacks #dirtypugpaws.
10. Eating Matzoh Crunch from Whole Foods. Mal scooped some up during our weekly shopping trip and it was quite a nice surprise. It’s matzoh covered in caramel and chocolate and, holy cow, it’s incredible!
Questions of the Day
Do you color your hair? Single process? Highlights? Glaze? Something else?
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being disgusting), how dirty is your car?
What’s your current favorite guilty pleasure TV show?