Welcome to this special edition of the Friday 5 (on Thursday)! 😉 I just finished this post, so I figured I’d hit publish a little early!
With the holidays just around the corner, you’ll likely see all sorts of gift guides pop up on your favorite blogs. I’ve created a number of these over the years, but I decided to switch things up and write just one with my ultimate favorite gifts to give for the holiday season.
This round-up includes gifts that I give again and again to family and friends, and they’re ones that always well-received. I hope they give you some great ideas for your own gift giving this year!
You guys might remember me professing my love for Chatbooks in the past, and I’m even more in love now that we’re ready to print another year of memories.
Their hardcover books are really beautiful, and Chatbooks makes it SO EASY to create them, especially if you have an Instagram account. I have a personal account for family photos that we turn into a Chatbook every year, and I also created an Instagram account for Murphy just so we could easily print his photos in like 25+ years when he goes to doggie heaven.
You just load all of your Instagram photos right into their system, select the photos you want, pick a cover, and place your order. Easy as that! (I have no affiliation with the brand at all – just really love their product – but I do get credit if you end up signing up.)
I love giving this birthday book! The recipient has always LOVED it! It’s a book of front pages from the New York Times from each year since the recipient’s birthday. The customized book is preserved in library binding and personalized with name and date of birth. Isn’t this a fun and unique gift idea?
How cool is this (especially for a history nerd)? This book also makes an amazing gift for a birthday as well as Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
Watch a video that I took of the one that I purchased for my mom for Mother’s Day last year.
I love this kitchen tool so much, and it’s great for a foodie friend, family member, or anyone who wants to get healthier in the new year. It also makes a fun Yankee Swap gift! 🙂
Rewind to a few months ago… I didn’t think I needed yet another kitchen gadget, but my friend convinced me I needed this chopper – and, honestly, it’s been the best $20 I’ve spent in a while. It is a game-changer for meal prep, cutting the time it takes to cut veggies by more than half! You can see it in action in this video.
An air fryer is also a gift that I’ve given a couple of times now, and it was a BIG HIT with its recipients! I mean, you can use it for everything!
Beautycounter always does holiday so well. Their 2019 Holiday Collection is the best yet. There are so many amazing clean skincare and makeup sets, many of which are under $40 and can be split up to mix and match with other gifts. They even have something for the men in your life! I love gifting Beautycounter because the products are high quality, high performing, and the packaging is beautiful as is. Some of my favorites from this year’s collection include: The Jellies (fun for women and girls of all ages!), Glow Getters Trio (including my favorite Overnight Resurfacing Peel), and Lemongrass Body Set (smells heavenly!).
- Ooey-Gooey Dark Chocolate Eggnog Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- Thoughts on Keto, Favorite Sports Bra & Our Response When Quinn Asks About Siblings
- How To Handle Different Health Goals Between Spouses
- 3 High-Intensity, Bodyweight Workouts
- Some Breastfeeding Questions & Answers
Around the Internet
- The oxygen-gut dysbiosis connection <– very interesting!
- “Afterburn” Explained (Yes, You Burn Extra Calories After Certain Workouts)
- How the Gut Microbiome Influences Everything about Your Health <– very comprehensive
- Savory Sweet Potato Casserole
- Peppermint chocolate amazeballs
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Sales of the Week
- Lululemon Align Pant 25″ (25% off)
- Lululemon Close Call Henley Long Sleeve (25% off)
- Abercrombie Mini Puffer Jacket (40% off)
- Abercrombie High Rise Jean Legging (40% off)
- Outdoor Voices FreeForm 7/8 Hi-Rise Leggings (40% off)
- Outdoor Voices Zip Bra (40% off)
- Levi’s 710 Super Skinny Women’s Jeans (30% off)
- Levi’s Ultimate Boyfriend Button Back Shirt (10% off)
Question of the Day
What are some of your favorite gifts to give?
This post contains some affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission from the company if you decide to purchase the product linked to. This compensation helps with expenses to keep CNC up and running. Thank you for your support!