• “Fueled By Granola” Workout

August 5, 2014

Good morning, friends!

So, this workout was a fun one! It was fast and furious and over before I knew it. Love that.

As for the name, I joked to Mal that all of the granola I’ve eaten lately “fueled” me through it. Haha!

SAMSUNG CSC

For this workout, you need a barbell (I used 65 pounds), a kettlebell (I used 45 pounds), somewhere to run, and a timer.

Fueled by Granola workout

The movements:

SAM_2022 (800x533)

SAMSUNG CSC

FYI: My headband is from JUNK, and my shirt (burnout material = love), shorts, and sneakers are from Reebok.

SAM_2034 (800x533)
    SAMSUNG CSCSAM_2049 (533x800)

This workout was definitely one of those “quick and painful” ones! Haha! I took me about 15 minutes to finish, and I was exhausted (and insanely sweaty) by the end!

Tricia August 6, 2014 at 6:20 am

Super random question… I noticed your stone path. Does Murphy ever go after the rocks? To eat or play? I have 2 dogs and we have some space on the side of the yard where grass refuses to grow.

Tina August 6, 2014 at 6:22 am

No, he never does. He’s an oblivious dog.

Angela August 6, 2014 at 3:14 pm

@Tricia: Just wanted to chime in that my parents have rocks in the their backyard (CA – hello drought!) and that their 2 Labs never bother with them. I totally thought our German Shepherd would as a pup too when he visited, but nope!

Becky @ Olives n Wine August 6, 2014 at 6:43 am

This has nothing to do with your awesome workout, but I love your headband! Totally heading over JUNK to check them out now :)

Kim @ FITsique August 6, 2014 at 7:13 am

Woohoo! Props to you for getting it done where and when you can!

Brynn August 6, 2014 at 7:38 am

Tina, you look like such a rock star! Such an inspiration!!

Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out August 6, 2014 at 7:42 am

Quick & dirty workouts are the best!

Simi @ The Micro Harvest August 6, 2014 at 7:43 am

Great workout idea! Thanks!

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh August 6, 2014 at 7:51 am

Great job! Have the neighbors ever walked by and done a double take or are you out of sight where you work out? :-)

Nancy F August 6, 2014 at 1:23 pm

@Anele @ Success Along the Weigh: I was going to ask the same question! Do the neighbors ever comment on your driveway workouts?

Tina August 6, 2014 at 1:58 pm

They’ve never said anything. I’m not sure anyone in our neighborhood has even noticed! Haha!

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance August 6, 2014 at 8:01 am

You look so great! I’m so impressed with your dedication to your workouts despite having a newborn at home.

Jaclyn @ BumpSweat August 6, 2014 at 8:01 am

The 3 movements in this workout are my favorites!

Jenn August 6, 2014 at 8:02 am

Good for you mama! I LOVED outdoor workouts when I was off with my son. Some days it was the only way for me to move my body. I would go in the backyard and workout while he napped. I would do skipping, burpees, planks, lunges, squats, sit ups, push-ups….anything I could to get a decent workout in!

Random question that I’m sure you’ll be posting about – are you tracking calories at all since you’re working out and breastfeeding? Just curious because I didn’t while I was nursing. I just ate when I was hungry and lost the weight quickly and never had a milk supply issue. My tummy region did not go back to the way it was pre-pregnancy, but I now know that’s b/c I had diastasis (separated abs) and was doing all the wrong things (planks, push ups, crunches etc) that probably made it worse.

Tina August 6, 2014 at 8:35 am

I just eat when I’m hungry, which is ALL the time!

Michele @ paleorunningmomma August 6, 2014 at 8:04 am

Quick and painful but over soon, love that! And I’m jealous that you can work out in your driveway – so cool!

Shel@PeachyPalate August 6, 2014 at 9:33 am

Love it! I could manage 45lb for all three weighted I reckon! Totally pinning!

Samantha @ The Faithful Runner August 6, 2014 at 9:35 am

Awesome workout. I did something like this the other day. I love how it incorporates several muscle groups. :)

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun August 6, 2014 at 9:36 am

This looks like a great workout! Quick but too the point :)

Katie@LifesNextBigStep August 6, 2014 at 9:55 am

Tina – question for you. I’m tossing around the idea of getting the things I would need for a home gym (barbell, bumper plates, squat/power rack, etc)…i.e. all the things I usually use in the Box. My question is, do you feel like your workouts are the same at home as they are in the Box, performance wise? I feel like I push myself hard in the Box because of the people around, but not sure how not having people around would change a workout… I know you workout at home with Mal so it might not be the same, but wondering what your thoughts are…before I dish out $1,800 for a home gym :)

Tina August 6, 2014 at 10:29 am

My workouts are a lot more fun at CrossFit! And, of course, I push myself harder when I’m working out with other people, but I’m definitely not slacking off when I exercise at home. How do you typically work out when you’re alone? Are you able to push yourself?

Katie@LifesNextBigStep August 7, 2014 at 8:54 am

@Tina: To an extent I push myself, but I don’t think I do as much as when I’ve got people watching me :) I love the idea of the ability to work out at home and work on strength…maybe if I remember how much I spent on the gym, it will push me to go hard! Hah

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio August 6, 2014 at 10:08 am

I’m thinking fast and intense workouts are the way to go with a newborn!

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious August 6, 2014 at 10:53 am

Wow what a tough workout! I’m loving the headband too. I’m still thinking about trying crossfit but concerned they may not give me modifications I need with it being a group fitness class.

Susie @ SuzLyfe August 6, 2014 at 11:02 am

I think that it is safe to say that right now my workouts are fueled by granola. Or at least they were until last night, when i finished off the last of the cranberry macaroon Nature box goodness. LE SIGH. I think that after this marathon (2 months to go!) I am going to push myself to get back to adding intensity and drive to my workouts. I am just too comfortable right now (except for long runs and tired days, that is different :D)

Catrina August 6, 2014 at 11:07 am

Saw this video today and totally thought of you and Murphy.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aca5GWhHeyM&list=UU_zEzzq54Rm0iy7lmmZbCIg

Tina August 6, 2014 at 11:50 am

Haha! Very cute!! Thanks for sharing the link!

Annette@FitnessPerks August 6, 2014 at 11:34 am

I love push presses! Looks like a fun/sweaty workout :)

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse August 6, 2014 at 12:30 pm

You are amazing!

Nicole August 6, 2014 at 1:55 pm

You look great! Goes to show the benefits of working out during pregnancy!

Holly R. August 6, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Looks like a great workout! I just finished up my fundamentals course at my local Box and can’t wait to get started on the ‘real’ workouts! The thought of using 65 lbs. sounds like a TON of weight to me, but I suppose I need to start some where. :-)

Nice work!

Sarah @ Sweet Miles August 6, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Oh girl, this looks rough!

Danielle J. August 6, 2014 at 9:55 pm

I ordered a JUNK headband and it should be here on Friday. I can’t wait! I’m really hoping that it will help keep the sweat out of my eyes during our WODs. It’s so hot down here in Florida!

xo,
    Danielle

Victoria @ The Thrive Life August 7, 2014 at 10:33 am

Love it Tina! Thank you for sharing! I’m always looking for another great workout :) I’ll give it a try for sure!

Laura August 7, 2014 at 12:50 pm