• Sports Bra Recommendations for Busty Ladies

July 31, 2014

Good morning!

I started my day with a delicious batch of overnight oats with fresh berries and chia seeds. It was de-lic-ious. Recipe here!

SAMSUNG CSC

I also enjoyed a Hawaiian Chocolate Nut iced coffee from Marylou’s.

marylou's_iced_coffee (This photo is actually from yesterday, but I snuck out at the buttcrack of dawn for one this morning.)

Even though it’s been about 2.5 weeks since I started working out again, it still takes me a good 10 minutes to get dressed for my workouts. Why? Because I have no clue what fits and what doesn’t! I’m not wearing maternity clothes anymore, but not all of my old workout gear fits me quite yet. And when it comes to my sports bras… forget about it! My boobs won’t make up their mind about what size they want to be!

photo (3) (600x800)

I probably own 50+ sports bras in variety of sizes and styles—some fit great, some were a waste of money—so I thought I’d share a few recommendations, so you guys don’t waste your time and money too. Plus, I know the busty women out there have trouble finding quality sports bras that actually fit (story of my life!), so here are a few that I really love!

Lululemon TaTa Tamer

The TaTa Tamer is my favorite sports bra ever. They just fit so well, and I don’t need to double up when I wear them—even when it comes to running and other high-impact exercise. The TaTa Tamer comes in bra sizes (32D, 32DD, 34E), so you can find your exact size—none of that small, medium, large stuff. They also have adjustable and crossable straps, so you can wear them based on what you think is most comfortable. I personally think the crisscross option provides the most support, minimal bouncing, and looks great with racer back tops. I seriously can’t wait until these babies fit again!

Side note: I haven’t done my own personal investigation on this yet, but one of my Instagram followers told me about the C9 by Champion Women’s High Support Sports Bra from Target that is very similar to the TaTa Tamer and a whole lot cheaper. I really need to buy one and see what they are all about!

Moving Comfort Maia Bra

I own two Maia sports bras from Moving Comfort, and they’re my current go-to postpartum sports bra. (They were also my go-to sports bra during pregnancy.) They’re full coverage with adjustable straps, so they really hold everything in. They also come in bra sizes, so they have a more personalized fit.

Champion All Out Support II Full-Figure High-Impact Sports Bra

The Champion All Out Support II Full-Figure High-Impact Sports Bra (longest name ever) is basically like doubling up on sports bras, but you’re only wearing one. It has a double outer layer that provides maximum support + adjustable, crisscross-able straps for even more support. And, like the other sports bras mentioned above, it comes in bra sizes for the best fit.

What’s your favorite sports bra?

P.S. Be sure to enter my giveaway to win some Renola from Larabar! I will pick 3 winners tomorrow!

Emily July 31, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I am a fan of the Ta-Ta tamer as well! I need the molded cups in my sports bras, I hate nipping out!

Fatima July 31, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Hi can i have your contact details i need to talk to you about a tv opportunity for your Blog. Please contact me at Blogtown53@gmail.com
    Thanks

lisa July 31, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I cant believe i am the only one who thinks the tata tamer makes my boobs look like marilyn monroe! So pointy! Maybe I have an old one, but the shape it gives me is so odd!

Jess August 1, 2014 at 11:48 am

Totally agree with you!!

Amelia July 31, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Target used to sell another C9 bra that I loved but it’s no longer sold. It was affordable, comfortable, and fit well. All good things! I’m a petite, chesty 32D – not the easiest size to find and especially at bigger stores like Target. Thanks for all the other suggestions! I’m long overdue for some new support. :)

Laura July 31, 2014 at 2:30 pm

This could not have come at a better time. I was working out recently and jumping around when I actually popped out! Thankfully, I was at home but can you imagine? *cringe*
    I may just have to try some of these suggests! Thanks!
    xoxo

Sarah C July 31, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I love my Maia too (NOTHING moves – I’m 34D), but I wear tanks in the summer and really want a racerback. I’ll have to try the C9 ones, since I’ve decided not to support Lululemon with my money. I know the Title Nine bras have several for big gals but I haven’t tried them yet.

I saw a gal with giant knockers running the other day and it looked like she had no sports bra on at all – they were swinging wildly and it looked painful! I wanted to stop and give her advice!!

Christina July 31, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I am a huge fan of the Target Champion Bras. I have a fairly large chest, 32D, but they support me so well and not that expensive comopared to other brands.

Mia July 31, 2014 at 2:39 pm

After your review of moving comfort a while ago, I purchased one off amazon. I bought the Moving Comfort Fiona. Holy heck what was I waiting for?! It is so supportive for my boobs that keep on growing with this pregnancy (B–>DD almost immediately!). I also love that I can wear it with most of my tank tops and it doesn’t show the straps, which means I can ditch the uncomfortable underwires right now. I swear, once the boobs started growing and the belly continues to grow, there is less room up top. It’s almost harder to breathe.
    Loving all of your pregnancy posts and post partum posts lately. I look forward to more of your eats/ stories/ struggles/ wins with a newborn. Keep it up mama! You’re doing an awesome job!! :)

Tina July 31, 2014 at 2:42 pm

❤️❤️❤️

Liana@RunToMunch July 31, 2014 at 2:49 pm

taming my tatas is luckily not an issue for me. I like my target cheapo ones.

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 31, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I’m not large busted, but the pammy bra from Lorna Jane is awesome!!!

Lisa July 31, 2014 at 7:30 pm

Well, I don’t have to worry about it too much, so I usually stick with the Target C9 brand but also love my Oiselle sports bras too!

Charlotte July 31, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Upstairs I haven’t been blessed with much. I got my “blessings” below the waist.

Michele @ paleorunningmomma July 31, 2014 at 8:13 pm

I kind of wish I had a problem finding sports bras! Sadly now there is not much to support. I wear the lululemon free to be almost always or the flow Y and they do the job for me :)

Christine July 31, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Ta ta tamers truly are the best!!! Only sports bra that keeps mine in place. Worth the money of all pricey things at lulu if anyone is on the fence!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 31, 2014 at 8:57 pm

I’m no “busty” lady but I do love my Victoria’s Secret sports bra! Also, I just bought a Reebok Crossfit sports bra and I LOVE IT!!

Kathleen July 31, 2014 at 10:36 pm

I am a big of the Champion C9 Sports Bras at Target, especially the compression ones for running! I have found I need the thicker strap version of sports (aka REAL sports bras) over the thin straps that are so cute at some of the shops!

Elise August 1, 2014 at 12:47 am

I have always hated sports bras and had to double up. Had one running outfit I could wear which included my at the time fave moving comfort Fiona bra and a tank top with built in bra to add support until…. A couple years ago I met moving comfort’s Juno. Hands down the greatest, most supportive bra. I’m a 34 DD but size down to a 34D in this bra so it’s a little more snug and it’s incredibly supportive in anything from running a marathon to crossfit jumps and double unders :)

Lydia August 1, 2014 at 10:40 am

I too am a fan of the Moving Comfort bra but for running, the Wacoal sports bra will always be my go to. It’s great for all types of hi impact activities. I’m a 34DDD so a bra like this is a necessity! http://www.wacoal-america.com/sport-underwire-bra-wacoal-855170-p.html

Janet August 1, 2014 at 11:04 am

What was the name of the workout shoe you were so excited to try? You mentioned it in a previous post.
    Looking for shoe suggestions. Need something that is nice and flat for lifting but offers some cushion for the runs.
    Janet

Tina August 1, 2014 at 11:06 am

I think it was the Reebok Nano 4.0.

Annie Atherton August 1, 2014 at 11:08 am

Before my breast reduction I was a 38I and the Champion Double Dry High-Impact Sports Bra was my favorite. After my surgery, I have to admit… I wear the Genie Sports Bra, as seen on TV. HA, they fit great and for my size 38C it is super supportive and comfortable.

Morgan August 1, 2014 at 5:59 pm

The shock absorber! I wear a 30GG and this is literally the only bra I can run in. I have tried them all. I wish I was a little less “blessed” on top!

V August 2, 2014 at 7:42 am

I love hearing recs from other busty ladies. I only wear Moving Comfort but I’m glad that the Lulu and Champion bras also have good reviews! I have also tried the Enell bra. It’s… orthopedic looking, but works amazingly especially if you are larger than DD. Oprah endorsed!

sally @ sweat out the small stuff August 6, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Yep! I’m a Moving Comfort MAIA girl. It’s been my sports bra of choice since I began running. I have been meaning to ask you how you like your Subaru Forester. I’m just about ready to buy one. =)

Tina August 6, 2014 at 3:50 pm

It’s great! 😄👍

Ginnie September 18, 2014 at 5:29 pm

The Moving Comfort Juno is great for post partum. Tons of support (no need to wear two bras) and the adjustable straps have an added bonus of acting like a nursing bra ;)