The Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe you NEED in your life right now
Funny story for you…
I was actually AFRAID to use my Instant Pot when I first ordered it. I saw it on all the food bloggers’ sites and because I was a healthy living food blogger, I figured I had to have one too. Makes sense, right?
So, when Black Friday rolled around, into my cart it went. It arrived. I opened it and looked at all the pieces. Then read the instructions (and warnings) and promptly boxed it back up and put it on the high shelf in my pantry.
I had zero clue what to cook in it and I certainly was not about to blow up this beautiful house that my husband Mal and I worked so hard to make a home. Not on my watch!
For months it just sat there. Collecting dust and occasionally mocking me when I had the nerve to glance up in its direction.
After about the 10,000’th time my husband asked me, “So, when are you going to use this, Tina?” I begrudgingly decided to give it a try. I took a deep breath, read the instructions again, got the ingredients, set it up, and proceeded to cross my fingers/say a little prayer.
Oh my goodness! It worked! The Instant Pot worked! The meal I made was delicious. And it was super easy which is exactly what this momma needed! Seriously, this is The Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe you NEED in your life right now
All that said, the Instant Pot has now become one of my absolute favorite kitchen tools. I literally use it ALL the time, especially for meal prep and quick weeknight dinners. It’s seriously the best tool on the market!Print
A healthy and hearty family favorite with an instant pot twist.
1 large russet potato or 2 small, peeled
2 cups water
1 tsp salt
¼ cup milk of choice
1 tbsp butter
1 lb ground beef
¼ white onion, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup panko (optional)
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup BBQ sauce, separated
¼ cup ketchup
- Cut potatoes into cubes. Place potatoes in the bottom of your Instant Pot with salt and water. Place your trivet over the potatoes.
- In a large bowl combine beef with egg, onion, celery, Worcestershire, panko, garlic, and ¼ BBQ sauce.
- Once your mixture is thoroughly mixed place on top of non-stick foil and form a loaf.
- Carefully lower your foil and meatloaf into the Instant Pot on top of your trivet. Secure the lid and
choose timer for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- After the timer is up choose quick release then remove meatloaf.
- In a small bowl combine the rest of your BBQ sauce with ketchup. Baste the top of your meatloaf with the mixture and broil for 1-2 minutes watching carefully.
- Drain the water from your Instant Pot and remove potatoes. Mix and mash potatoes with milk, butter, and additional salt. Serve with meatloaf and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 429
- Fat: 21
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 25
Keywords: instant pot, dinner
This is one of my fave healthy Instant Pot recipes that my entire family loves. It’s quick, easy, healthy, and most importantly, tasty! Plus, because the Instant Pot is so handy, clean-up is a breeze. This Instant Pot Meatloaf is a must-try. I promise once you’ve had it, you’ll add it to your regularly scheduled meal prep programming. Absolutely yummy! The Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe you NEED in your life right now