Good morning and happy Sunday!
I started my morning with a deeeelicious breakfast of Pumpkin Coconut Chia Pudding, which was inspired by the Pumpkin Protein Pie Chia Pudding from PaleOMG, and a glass of freshly pressed green juice, which was my recipe for Sweet Mint Limeade with a big handful of baby spinach. Mmm! This meal was such a nice way to start the day!
Pumpkin Coconut Chia Pudding
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 heaping tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- In a large resealable container, mix together ingredients until smooth.
- Place container in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 3+ hours.
- Serve cold and with your favorite toppings (i.e. sliced almonds, fresh berries, sliced banana).
Makes 2-3 servings
This Week’s Meal Plan
After breakfast, I hit up Whole Foods to do our grocery shopping for the week. I’m still feeling kind of blah with nausea, so I wasn’t really into meal planning, but I still managed to come up with a few meals that sounded somewhat appetizing. (Please note the nosy pug in the photo below. Haha!)
This week’s meal plan:
- Sunday: Burritos from Chipotle
- Monday: Turkey and Spinach Sweet Potato Hash
- Tuesday: Chicken Bacon Alfredo
- Wednesday: Grilled pizza
- Thursday: Rice and beans with asparagus and Pecorino Romano
- Friday: Out to dinner
- Saturday: Wing it
Health News & Views
Running is a great way to get in shape and just about everyone can do it. You don’t need access to a fancy gym, expensive equipment, or other people to do the workout. You can simply throw on your sneakers and head out the door for a run. Easy as that!
Given that it’s so easy to take up the sport, a lot of beginners jump right into running without actually knowing what it takes to establish a healthy routine. Many make a number of common mistakes, which can interfere with training or lead to injury. If you’re just starting out, keep these things in mind to help you increase your chances of running success.
Questions of the Day
What’d you have for breakfast this morning?
Have you ever tried chia pudding? Love it? Hate it?
What’s on your meal plan this week?
Are you guilty of any of the new runner mistakes above?