• Yesterday (In Tiny Pictures)

August 23, 2013

Good morning! Happy Friday!

A bunch of you guys said you enjoyed reading my “day in the life” posts, so I’m going to keep them alive on CNC and try to incorporate them more into my regular blogging. With that said, here are some (tiny) pictures from yesterday!

thursday_in_tiny_photos_

1. Starbucks at Broadway. There’s a new Starbucks at the Broadway T station. Southie is so fancy now!
    2. Therapy dog team after visiting. Murphy and I had a grand old time visiting the seniors yesterday afternoon. I love that they all recognize Murphy now and get excited when they see him coming.
    3. Mal’s pug masterpiece. Our kitchen chalkboard gets a lot of use. By Mal.
    4. Murphy and Lola. We are dog sitting a friend’s pup, Lola, and she and Murphy have become great friends. The two of them are such clowns together!
    5. Your love is louder. I saw this sign on the fence at Old South Church in Boston yesterday morning, and I really liked it. It’s a nice reminder in a world that can seem so hateful at times.
    6. Last night’s dinner. My favorite 3-ingredient meal: Cheesy Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Chicken Sausage. It’s the best. We make it all the time in our house.
    7. 4 mile run. It was a rough run (I had zero energy), but I didn’t quit!
    8. Athleta Newbury Street. I popped into Athleta on Newbury Street yesterday for a little project I am working on with the company.
    9. Cuddle time with Murphy and Lola. It’s a good thing I love dogs! These two don’t understand the concept of personal space at all.

Becky @ Olives n Wine August 23, 2013 at 8:39 am

Cute! It looks like you had a great day yesterday – with a lot of Murphy :)

Ashley @ Saving Money in your Twenties August 23, 2013 at 8:59 am

haha love that chalkboard. i want one for our apartment!

kait August 23, 2013 at 9:01 am

LOVE ‘Your love is louder’ so awesome

Amy @ The Little Honey Bee August 23, 2013 at 9:02 am

What a fun day! Do we get to hear about the Athleta project soon? Oh how I miss it there. The clothes and free classes are awesome.

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 23, 2013 at 9:09 am

Love this! Looks like a super fun day! I love that Murphy is a therapy dog! I think that’s so great!

Tom T. August 23, 2013 at 9:12 am

Love the ‘day in the lift’ with pictures. Problem with my day is you would get a lot of pictures of me sitting at my desk – not so exciting.

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats August 23, 2013 at 9:19 am

What kind of dog is Lola? She looks a lot like my black lab only in miniature size! So glad she and Murph are having fun together :)

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake August 23, 2013 at 9:19 am

Can’t wait to hear about what you’re doing with ATHLETA. Love their stuff

Selinda August 23, 2013 at 9:19 am

Totally off post topic, but I was at trader joe’s last night and they have coconut oil in a spray can! Have you seen this? I must admit, I felt a little odd thinking of you when I saw it. HAHA!

Tina August 23, 2013 at 9:23 am

I haven’t but I want to buy it! I bet I would love it! :)

Danielle @ Food-Dee.com August 23, 2013 at 9:55 am

It’s awesome. I use it to spray on almond muffins for flavor, and to grease my donut pan. @Tina:

Jenn @ Fairest Run of All August 23, 2013 at 9:32 am

Ha, my cats don’t get personal space either! Yesterday I was lying in bed and Ruffian decided that the best place to take a nap was directly on top of my chest. Good thing she’s got that rumbly purr to charm everyone. ;)

Ali @ Peaches and Football August 23, 2013 at 9:35 am

I love the tiny pics highlighting your day. Lola looks adorable. I had to laugh at the picture of them smothering your lap. :-)

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run August 23, 2013 at 9:57 am

excited to hear more about the Athleta project – happy friday!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 23, 2013 at 10:03 am

That little Murphy is too cute! Sounds like you had a great day! Strong work on your run!

Maita Atienza August 23, 2013 at 10:06 am

I love your pictures. So inspiring!

Linda @ running4two August 23, 2013 at 10:09 am

I can’t wait to hear about the Athleta project! I am obsessed with their stuff :).

Annette@FitnessPerks August 23, 2013 at 10:43 am

What a fun day! Ahhhhh runs can be tough–esp when they feel tough too. But great job finishing it!

Emily @ The Good Era August 23, 2013 at 10:43 am

Such a great post idea! Murph and Lola look super cuddly :) Happy Friday!!

Nicole August 23, 2013 at 10:54 am

Is Lola a black lab? Cute!

Jessica R @ FromtheKitchentotheRoad August 23, 2013 at 10:55 am

Nice job getting through a tough run!

Caitlin August 23, 2013 at 11:05 am

That sign is a great reminder. It is a discouraging world, but with positive people like you, it can seem less daunting.

Love Athleta. Looking forward to hearing what you are working on…

Peach August 23, 2013 at 11:16 am

Fist bump to you on the run! I got 1 mile in last night before the thunderstorm hit, dang it.

My question to you: Do you have a dedicated photographer following you around every day? Or just a lot of people willing to take your picture for you? :D All my Instagram pics of myself are selfies!

Tina August 23, 2013 at 11:55 am

Haha! Mal is home for the summer, so he snaps a lot of pics for me! :)

Sara Flynn @ Zero to Sixy August 23, 2013 at 11:28 am

Sounds like a wonderful day! I LOVE Athleta I am excited to hear what you are doing with them… as a former Gap Employee I am thinking about going back to retail for the Holiday… and I been thinking instead of Gap I may go to Athleta! :)

Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food August 23, 2013 at 11:30 am

Aw I love doggy friends! My dog hates all other dogs and it’s depressing.

Amy August 23, 2013 at 11:32 am

I really like the picture format! After seeing this post, I had to get some Starbucks after my morning run. :)

Linda August 23, 2013 at 11:50 am

I really like this little pic day in the life post!

Caitie @ twentytwofit August 23, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Love the day-in-the-life posts! And that sign. How cute.

Chrissy August 23, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Oooo, you should do these more often too! Love!

Murphy and Lola are so cute. I love when animals are buddies! My mom’s cat Mary loves her beagle brother. She follows him around everywhere, cuddles with him and bathes him. My heart melts when she sends me pictures of the BFF dog and cat :)

Ashley August 23, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Murphy seriously makes me laugh in darn near every picture. That pug has far too much personality, Love it!

Ashley August 23, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Is that a black lab pup? I cant handle the cuteness.

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl August 23, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Your 4 miles, sounds like my 4 miles. I waited until after dinner for my run and it was not a good idea. I was tired and it was humid…. I’m just not an evening runner. Looks like a fun day other than that!

Luv What You Do August 23, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Isn’t the Athleta store soo dangerous?! I love their stuff!

Candice August 23, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Athleta has great stuff. I can’t wait to hear what you are doing with them.
    I love that you love your dog so much.