The other day, I received an email from a reader asking me if I had any egg-free cookie recipes. I’ve created all sorts of cookie recipes over the years, but, unfortunately (for her), none of them were free of eggs.
I know it’s impossible to please everyone, but cookies are something I know and loving baking, so I replied to her email saying I’d play around in the kitchen and come up with an egg-free recipe. So, Katie, these cookies are for you!
Without eggs, I wasn’t sure what would hold my cookies together. I ended up using a combination of almond butter and coconut oil, which also added some moisture and wonderful flavor to my cookies, which are firm on the outside and soft on the inside””the perfect cookie texture in my opinion””with lots of chocolate chips throughout.
I really enjoyed eating these cookies, but I couldn’t help but think some chopped walnuts would have made an especially delicious addition. If you’re a walnut fan, I definitely recommend adding some to the batter before baking them. With or without walnuts, they’re a delicious egg-free cookie. I hope you love them as much as I do!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate batter for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a tablespoon to portion batter into 1-inch balls and place on a prepared cookie sheet. Flatten with hand.
- Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes until tops start to lightly brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Eat and enjoy!
Recipe makes 2 dozen cookies
BIC Bands Giveaway
Thanks to everyone who entered to win the $40 gift card to BIC Bands! Here’s your winner:
I like the thin spirit band in blue and yellow- those are the colors of my box and match my outfit for my first crossfit competition!
Congrats, Julie! Please email me at email@example.com to claim your prize.
If you’d like to purchase some BIC Bands for yourself, you can get 15% off all regular priced BIC Bands (excludes sale items) with code “CNC15.” Happy shopping!!