• Some Saturday Things & Weekly Meal Plan

June 9, 2013

Heyyyyyy! I hope you’re having a relaxing weekend like my pug friend, Ping!

photo (18) (600x600)

Saturday was a really nice day for me. It was a mix of fun and relaxation. I woke up, ate breakfast, and went to CrossFit (WOD: rowing + Thrusters = killer).

On my way home from CrossFit, I hit up the grocery store to do our shopping for the upcoming week.

photo (14) (450x600)

This week’s meal plan:

• Sunday: BBQ with friends
    • Monday: Garlic Mustard Drumsticks with green beans and roasted potatoes
    • Tuesday: Turkey meatballs with roasted broccoli
    • Wednesday: Tuna melts with leftover roasted broccoli
    • Thursday: Ham and cheese paninis
    • Friday: Out to dinner
    • Saturday: Wing it

photo (15) (600x600)

After grocery shopping, Mal and I went to our friend Erin’s graduation party. She just finished her Master’s degree, so we went to celebrate with her (and Ping, who is the happiest pug alive).

photo (17) (450x600)

Mal and I had a great time catching up and laughing with friends. And the party had a fabulous spread of food—burgers, hot dogs, chicken, steak tips, pulled pork (OMG, amazing), pasta salad, veggies + dip, watermelon, and…

20130608_153818 (450x600)

An ice cream sundae bar!!! Ooooh, yes, it did. Mal and I were like kids on Christmas when we heard about the ice cream. Haha! We shared a sundae with coffee and mint chocolate chip ice cream, topped with hot fudge, caramel sauce, M&Ms, pretzels, and whipped cream. Holy yum!

20130608_153628 (450x600)

Congrats, Erin!!!

photo (19) (448x600)

After Erin’s party, Mal and I headed home and then took Murphy for a late afternoon walk. The weather was beautiful, but it was a little too hot for pugs.

20130520_154500 (450x600)

Or maybe Murphy is just a drama queen? Doesn’t he sort of look like a flying squirrel all sprawled out on our living room floor? (He’s trying to cool himself off.)

20130520_160641 (450x600)

Mal and I spent Saturday night at home, and it was awesome. We watched a movie (Argo – LOVED IT) and ate a delicious spread of food—roasted garlic, Gouda cheese, rice crackers, roasted Brussels sprouts, and pepperoni. Yum!

photo (16) (600x600)

Questions of the Day

What are your favorite ice cream sundae toppings?

What animals make you strangely happy?

Me:

Caramel sauce, M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces

Pugs, Brussels Griffons, French Bulldogs, otters, penguins

Ashlee@HisnHers June 10, 2013 at 10:44 am

Did you get a haircut? Your hair looks great in that group photo!

Sara June 10, 2013 at 10:48 am

Okay, the way Ping is sitting and the way Murphy is laying sprawled out just made my morning.

hallie June 10, 2013 at 12:18 pm

How did you eat the roasted garlic??

PING in those sunglasses !!!! <3 I DIE!!!

Tina June 10, 2013 at 12:20 pm

With crackers. Delish!

Amelia June 10, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Chocolate sauce, crushed pretzels! Even better – hot fudge sauce and pretzels! Throw in a few strawberries and OMG, perfect!

Lots of types of dogs, my cat – Joie, turtles and penguins are on my list of animals that make me smile!

Nicole June 10, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I have an English Bulldog and Murphy reminds me so much of him. He sprawls out on the wood floors like that to keep cool, sits on his butt with his legs sticking out, they seem to react to food in the same way, it’s hilarious!

Kristen June 10, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Mini Dachshunds, Dolphins, baby buffaloes and cows :)

Elizabeth @ Positive Changes June 10, 2013 at 5:35 pm

What a fun sounding Saturday! I love pugs and french bulldogs as well. And I have always loved frogs and otters!

Annie June 11, 2013 at 8:54 am

Sundae toppings: Reese’s Pieces, PB Sauce, PB cups, whipped cream (notice the PB theme)

Animals: My crazy cat, Marty McFly, gorillas, manatees, and dolphins.

Brandy June 11, 2013 at 9:09 am

I just found your blog a couple of days ago and love it! My husband and I started crossfit about 7 weeks ago so I enjoy reading your tips!

As for sundae toppings, I love hot fudge, whip cream, reese pieces, heath bar, choc chips, caramel, and nuts. I love going to get fro yo and loading up on sugar!

We have a shitzhu/lhasa apso dog and he makes me very happy. He was my first “baby” before we had kids. :)

F.A.Ellis June 11, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I never even tried to make a sundae at home,but that’s something to think about doing.The food that you bought looks so healthy, I would love to find some more recycled grocery bags to use,and you pug reminds me of my aunt’s dog.
    I like reading some of your post,I have your blog on my home page,and it’s a nice blog.

Shelly June 11, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Anything chocolate on ice cream is where it’s at! Or cheesecake… Yum!
    Turtles make me seriously happy.
    Did you dye your hair? It looks really dark (and super cute) in the pic above.

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance June 11, 2013 at 10:45 pm

PING! hahahah I can not stop giggling at that sweet face!

Stacey @ Pugmamastace June 12, 2013 at 3:55 am

OMG I love penguins!!!!!! I want a little one….like as a pet :-)

Dennis Thomas June 12, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Wow – it’s great to see you can have fun and be healthy too.

AJ June 15, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Penguins make me SO happy!! And how did you roast the garlic (such a simple thing but I’ve never done it!)

-AJ