• Mohegan Sun Girls’ Weekend {Part 2}

November 20, 2012

Ok, where did we leave off? Biking adventures, right?

After our biking tour of Mystic, we headed back to Mohegan Sun for an afternoon at Elemis Spa. Each of us were provided with a spa service to review, so I chose a deep tissue massage. My back is always a mess (because of scoliosis + sitting at a desk + CrossFit/running), so I hoped a deep tissue massage would loosen up my tight muscles.

My massage felt amazing and, thankfully, it wasn’t super painful like some deep tissue massages can be. My upper back was full of knots, so the masseuse did her best to work them out, but she didn’t go crazy on them either. I like firm pressure for massages, but I have nothing to prove with how much pain I can endure, so I like a nice balance between working out the knots and relaxation. The masseuse said the knots in my back were “relentless” and felt like “rocks,” so I’m not sure she got any of them out completely, but my back definitely felt looser by the end.

Theodora, Anne, Julie, and I had massage appointments at 2:00 PM, but Elizabeth’s reflexology appointment wasn’t until 3:00 PM, so the four of us waited for her in the spa’s sauna and then relaxation room. We sat around and chatted about everything and anything (and laughed a lot) for quite a long time. The only reason we left was because we needed to get ready for dinner. I love girl talks. And these ladies. They’re the best.

After our time at the spa, we headed back to the room to pretty ourselves for dinner at Todd English’s Tuscany at Mohegan Sun.

reebok event 110 (750x564)

We clean up well.

reebok event 113 (750x563)

Dinner was epic—multiples courses and lots of wine!

Cheers to a fabulous girls’ weekend!

The meal started with Antipasta Del Cassa (grilled marinated veggies, cheese, olives, bread, and various spreads). I chowed down on veggies and cheese, which went perfectly with the white wine we were served.

We also enjoyed some fried calamari.

And a couple of flatbreads. The one I tried was topped with prosciutto, Parmesan, fig, and a balsamic drizzle. Delish!

The appetizers could have easy been my entire meal, so I really tried to pace myself so I could taste everything.

[Intermission to snap photos]

Up next was the salad course. We had the choice of Caesar Salad or Tuscan Salad. I picked the Tuscan Salad, which was mixed greens with olives, roasted red peppers, marinated artichokes, and lemon vinaigrette.

The pasta course (yes, this meal had a pasta course!) was a choice of Ricotta Gnocchi or Linguini & Clams. I ate mussels the night before, so I went with the gnocchi, which was my favorite dish of the entire meal. It was served in hand-crushed tomatoes, fresh herbs, and brown butter with a dollop of ricotta on top. The sauce was incredibly flavorful and the gnocchi was really chewy. I loved it.

By the time the main course rolled around, I was starting to feel pretty stuffed, but I still managed to eat a few bites of the Crispy Skin Salmon and all of the Bacon-Dijon Brussels Sprouts that it was served with. I <3 Brussels sprouts.

And, of course, I made room for dessert, which was Fallen Chocolate Cake with vanilla ice cream and raspberry puree. I only planned to have a couple of bites, but it tasted so amazing, I ate the entire thing.

I also tasted a couple of Italian cookies. Dessert has no chance around me!

Fun times!

Top row (l – r): Caitlin, Theodora, Julie, Beth, Bianca; Bottom row (l – r) : Elizabeth, Anne, Maria, me.

A HUGE thank you to Mohegan Sun for hosting us! It was a fantastic, wonderful, amazing way to spend a girls’ weekend. I am so grateful for the opportunity.

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run November 20, 2012 at 12:05 pm

All of you ladies look fabulous! I looove your coral necklace, Tina. What a fun way to spend the weekend. Love girl time :)

Amanda @ Eat More Rabbit Food November 20, 2012 at 12:09 pm

What fun! You all look so pretty! I’m sure the whole trip was a blast!! I think I could go for a massage too :)

Kate November 20, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Love your dress!! Where’s it from?

Tina November 20, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Thanks! The folks from Skinny Tees sent it to me! :)

dana November 20, 2012 at 12:38 pm

if you don’t mind me asking, what size is it? i am trying to figure out my size on their website…

dana November 20, 2012 at 12:41 pm

or is it all just one size fits all??? im confused!

Tina November 20, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Yep, it’s one size fits all. It’s super stretchy material! :)

Jackie S November 20, 2012 at 1:15 pm

@dana: @dana: Is it the black or charcoal color? Did you like the material?

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 20, 2012 at 12:20 pm

You ladies are all beautiful! Looks like you had some amazingly delicious food – wow!

Nicole November 20, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Beautiful ladies! Looks like an absolute blast!

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic November 20, 2012 at 12:24 pm

It was such a blast! I forgot to tell you how much I loved your hair that night :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Tina November 20, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Haha! Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 20, 2012 at 12:26 pm

This dinner looks absolutely heavenly! Talk about decadence! :)

natalie @ will jog for food November 20, 2012 at 12:31 pm

You all look great!

That is tons of good food :)

Dani November 20, 2012 at 12:38 pm

That necklace–I DIE. Whereeeee is it from? I’m loving statement necklaces right now and you are rocking it, Tina!

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction November 20, 2012 at 12:49 pm

All of that food looks amazing! Especially the dessert 😉 And the last picture is fabulous…everyone looks beautiful!

Annette@FitnessPerks November 20, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Love your necklace! What a fun weekend/night that was–looks awesome :)

Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution November 20, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I have problems with huge, unrelenting knots in my back too. Two things that has helped work them out (without getting a deep tissue massage twice a month — who can afford that!?) is to roll around on tennis balls and foam rolling. I just take a tennis ball while I’m watching television and lay on it and press into the worst of the knots, while just rolling it along the muscle. You can control the pressure, so there is as much or as little pain as you can handle. It takes some time to get knots that are “like rocks” (trust me, mine are too) out, but after doing it for a week or so I noticed a big difference.

Candice@allthingsyogi.com November 20, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Looks like you had fun!

Love all the white wine!

Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach November 20, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I have a terrible back as well, full of knots! When I got a massage recently the guy was like, UMMM. You need to get up and stretch during the day. I blame my desk job. :(

Dinner was really amazing!! We lucked out with such a great host and location! It was so great meeting you and the ladies!! Have a great Thanksgiving! :)

Michelle (Peachy Palate) November 20, 2012 at 2:35 pm

You all look fantastic! Love your simple dress – where’s it from? not that I’ll probably have a chance of picking it up from Ireland! I’m on the look out for something fitted but not restricting -last thing you want when your about to chow down on a super duper sized meal! Gnocchi sounds amazing as does the dessert!

Tina November 20, 2012 at 2:38 pm

It’s from Skinny Tees! :)

Allison @ Life's a Bowl November 20, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Y’all look so pretty all dressed up, I especially love your dress + pop of color necklace! I gave my hubby a massage certificate for his birthday and he went last Saturday and came home saying that *we* need to start getting them more often… I had no problem saying yes to that 😉

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness November 20, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Sounds like the perfect girls weekend! I would never think to go to Mohegan Sun for a weekend getaway but it sounds fabulous!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 20, 2012 at 3:19 pm

What a fun weekend – you ladies all look gorgeous too!!

Lauren November 20, 2012 at 5:07 pm

You all look stunning! Love your dress Tina!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance November 20, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Looks like you had so much fun! Todd English is a genius, I absolutely adore his cooking.

Liz November 21, 2012 at 12:20 am

You look beautiful in that dress! Love it :)

Kelly@BalancedDaily November 21, 2012 at 11:27 am

Wow, that looks like an incredible meal! The gnocchi looks to-die for. There really is nothing better than drinks, food, and fun conversation with some girlfriends, those always turn into the best nights and ones to remember!

Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper November 21, 2012 at 1:47 pm

You ladies all look so classy dressed up! Love your necklace. I keep trying to find chunky colorful necklaces like that, but everything I find is more expensive than I’d like. Womp womp.

Caitlin November 21, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Aww yay love the pic you got of me digging in hahaha. You guys certainly do clean up good! It was such a fun meal. I already want to go back to Tuscany ASAP!

Tina November 20, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I got it in charcoal and loved the material. It’s light and stretchy.