Hi Carrots ”˜N’ Cake readers! I am honored to be writing a guest post for Tina while she is away in Seattle! My name is Danielle and I blog over at Clean Food Creative Fitness! I am a CrossFitter, who eats Paleo about 80-90% of the time, and live in Boston! Sound familiar?! I’m also a nutritionist and health coach and love making healthy eating delicious!
Today I wanted to talk Paleo. I am hearing about more and more people trying Paleo or wanting to give it a try, which is so exciting! However as we are getting closer into Fall and Winter and the holidays start coming up, we are finding more sweets and non-Paleo temptations available! I wanted to give you a recipe that is Paleo and a great treat to make and have on hand as a quick snack when you are craving something sweet! Little secret: My family (who is nowhere close to Paleo) really liked them! You could even bring them to an outing, the office, or a holiday party so you know there will be at least one Paleo option available.
Chocolate Coconut Date “Lara” Bites
- 25 small dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder***For those of you wondering if chocolate is Paleo see this awesome post from Whole9!
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- dash sea salt
- In a food processor add all of your ingredients.
- Pulse your ingredients until well blended. About 2-3 minutes. They will be a bit chunky still.
- Roll your mixture into balls.
- Refrigerate to store and enjoy!
Makes 13 Bites
- Larabar (not the peanut one)
- Dates, figs, or Dried Unsweetened Mango
- Scoop of coconut butter
- Coconut flakes toasted with sea salt and cinnamon
- Freeze dried fruit
- Fresh fruit
What’s your go to when you want something sweet???