• Skinny Piña Colada

July 27, 2011

Remember this insanely delicious cocktail from the other night?

040-500x375

Well, I successfully recreated it at home! Wahoo!!

This Skinny Piña Colada has nowhere near the fat and calories of a regular Piña Colada because I used coconut water instead of coconut cream and added just a splash of pineapple juice.

Skinny Piña Colada

Ingredients:

• 2 oz Barcardi Rock Coconut Rum
    • 5 oz coconut water
    • 2 oz pineapple juice

Directions:

1. Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
    2. Shake and strain into a glass filled with ice.
    3. Garnish with a slice of pineapple and/or a Maraschino cherry (optional).
    4. Drink and enjoy!

Makes 1 cocktail

I have a feeling that this Skinny Piña Colada is going to be my go-to cocktail for the rest of the summer. It’s amazingly light and refreshing, but still packed with flavor. Love it!!

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com July 27, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Bacardi coconut rum- mmmm <3

Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled July 27, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Love the skinny cocktails. I’ll definitely have to make this one. Lately I’ve been into margaritas so have been using Crystal Light’s margarita flavored mix as the base and adding tequila and triple sec. Perfect summer drinks!

caitlin July 27, 2011 at 9:53 pm

This look super tasty- plus I love that it’s the healthified version. Sometimes those fun cocktails get so sugary and to much! Can’t wait to try this :)

Kaetlin @ dailydoseofrunning July 27, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I’ve literally been wanting one of these since you posted it at the restaurant. Can’t wait!! Anything that makes a cocktail a little less dehydrating= AWESOME!

Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 27, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I was thinking about how refreshing that looked when you posted that picture a few days ago!

Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl July 27, 2011 at 9:59 pm

This just gave me an idea that could turn out to be REALLY awesome. I am so excited to experiment. :) Looks delish!

Becki (Becki's Whole Life) July 27, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I Cannot wait to make this for this weekend!! I love coconut water – all I need to find is the Rock coconut Rum….I am wondering if I will find it pretty easily. I will figure it out…either way – it looks delish!

Maryea (Happy Healthy Mama) July 27, 2011 at 10:16 pm

This looks fabulous! If I wasn’t pregnant I would be all over that cocktail.

Grace July 27, 2011 at 10:17 pm

It’s sounds fantastic…. I picked up some pineapple juice & coconut water at the grocery store tonight – already have the vodka at home, can’t wait to mix one up!! :)

katie @ KatieDid July 27, 2011 at 10:20 pm

And your hydrating while dehydrating! Well that’s better than the alternative!

Heather July 27, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Making these this weekend, yum!

Brittany July 27, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I will definitely be recreating this one at home too. So good!!

Meghan July 27, 2011 at 11:30 pm

You could call it a Skinny Tina Colada? ;-)

Holly @ The Runny Egg July 28, 2011 at 6:48 am

Ok this is a great name!

Jackie @ That Deep Breath July 28, 2011 at 12:19 am

Yummy! great idea using the coconut water

Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 28, 2011 at 4:46 am

Yum! I love pina colada :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin July 28, 2011 at 8:07 am

Awesome! I love that this is so light and refreshing. I love real pina coladas too, but they put me into a (drunken) sugar coma! :P

Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 28, 2011 at 9:01 am

Hoooorayyyyy for the recipe!!

This is honestly the only thing I’m interested in having poolside, mmm. Since I’ve artfully mastered the skinny girl margarita making at home, this is clearly the next step in my life.

steph July 28, 2011 at 10:10 am

This looks so yummy! I’ll have to try it as soon as I get home from work today!

Rachel @ I'm Loving Today July 28, 2011 at 10:10 am

That looks SPECTACULAR! And you posted this just in time for a beach vacation to the Outer Banks for me. I can see myself sipping a few of these gazing out to the ocean next week, for sure :)

Lauren July 28, 2011 at 10:11 am

Can’t wait to try this!

Manon July 28, 2011 at 10:13 am

I think you just changed my life :)

CJ Weaber @ http://cjh002.wordpress.com/ July 28, 2011 at 10:22 am

What a great idea! Perfect for the summer and even while drinking one at home you totally feel like your ona vacation!

becca (bellebottoms) July 28, 2011 at 10:53 am

um, it’s 10am here, but I want one already!!

Beth (Well Ill Be) July 28, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I was just trying to remember which blog I saw this on because I’m going to the beach tomorrow. Thanks for posting I will definitely be making this!

miriam July 28, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I’ve been a HUGE fan of the “skinny” margarita for years. Sour mix is normally gross anyway. My mom introduced me to the Skinny Gin and Tonic: use light tonic water, Hendrick’s gin and then flavor with a touch more cucumber, by throwing in a slice. It’s lovely!

Sarah July 28, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I NEED to make this. Very soon. I love, love, love pina coladas!

Kristen July 29, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I love that you’ve made a “light” cocktail without adding a bunch of creepy artificial sweetener. Keep ‘em coming!

char @ char on a mission July 29, 2011 at 10:43 pm

YUM! This is totally a summer keeper! I love tropical drinks to begin with, so a low calorie one is right up my alley!

Stacy July 30, 2011 at 10:14 am

Made it! It’s awesome! Thanks : )

Amy July 31, 2011 at 9:54 am

This has been my go-to drink this weekend. I love it. I also tried your version and then one with Trop50 pineapple/mango juice and liked that one better. Thanks again for the recipe.

Niki (Life's a Payne) August 1, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Pina Coladas are my favourite. Thanks for a great recipe. I am bringing this on my camping excursion in a couple of weeks.

I like to have something I can add rum to or not so that the boys don’t realize I am not drinking half the time ;)

Daysia September 28, 2011 at 11:52 pm

Well I guess I don’t have to spend the weekend firigung this one out!

melissa August 4, 2011 at 6:43 am

I just made one of these last night…DELISH! I saw some coconut water flavored with pineapple I bet that would be good too :) Thanks for sharing!

Brittany W. May 5, 2012 at 7:02 pm

This is absolutely amazing! Tastes JUST like a piña colada without all the extra calories. Yum!

ryan May 22, 2012 at 11:39 pm

wouldn’t it be even more healthier/less calories if you used just regular pineapple juice from canned pineapple with out the sugar? anyone tried this? I think I am going to give it a try that way soon.

Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep June 18, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Have you tried the VitaCoco in the pineapple flavor for this? It has pineapple puree instead of juice, so it may have a little less sugar. =] I drink it like it’s going to disappear from the planet!

Also, this is the same Jordan who used to write Salt Sweat Sugar, if you remember me at all. I just reappeared in BlogLand and started a new one. But it’s still me – It’s just been few years =] So hi!

Tina June 18, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Welcome back to the blog world! :)

Nancy June 19, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I wonder how a Frozen Skinny Tina COlada would be …. frozen pineapple chunks instead of juice and then blended? I think the MAgic Bullet would hanbdle that nicely!

Tina June 19, 2012 at 7:27 pm

That sounds amazing! :)

Hayley June 18, 2013 at 12:33 am

I miiiiight be just a little obsessed with this. I got the ingredients yesterday and had one last night and one tonight. It’s so refreshing and really hits the spot…thanks for sharing! :)

Haley June 28, 2013 at 1:52 pm

How many calories are in this drink? What about weight watchers points? Does anyone know?

Amy July 19, 2013 at 3:58 pm

This is indeed delicious and refreshing, and it will certainly help to keep you from getting too dehydrated, but at 196 calories a pop, I’m not sure I’d call it “skinny” anything. Nevertheless, I just made a huge pitcher to take to a beach party =)