• Wine > Workout

May 26, 2010

My husband and I are weird. We have this strange connection that seems to bring us together– like when we randomly bumped into each other on the T and today when we both decided to skip our workouts and come home instead… to drink wine. Great minds think alike! 😉

It was 90+ degrees in Boston today, so a cold, crisp white wine made perfect sense to us! 😀

Mal LOVED this wine. He actually said it was his “perfect” wine. I liked it a lot too.

Being the classy individuals that we are, we paired our Semillon with Vermont White Cheddar Wheat Thins. It was a lovely combo. I easily ate a million crackers.

While Mal and I ate, drank, and chatted, Murphy chilled in the grass and enjoyed some iced water.

Please note my workout gear, complete with sports bra and headband. I got dressed and still skipped the gym! Don’t ya think putting on workout gear is sometimes the hardest part?!

Please note Mal’s workout gear. He was also on his way to the gym. (I swear, he doesn’t normally wear cut-off t-shirts.)

Please note Murphy’s butt on the stair of our front porch. (This cracked me up! 😆 )

Please notice Murphy’s “lights are not on” face in this photo.

Our dog is pretty hilarious. We laugh at him a lot.

And frequently tease him.

Murphy is also fun to play with.

_MG_1129.JPG _MG_1132.JPG

_MG_1134.JPG _MG_1135.JPG

I’m definitely loving our new life! :mrgreen:

Tonight’s dinner was more leftover Cool Chinese Vermicelli X 2.

And a Quorn Turk’y Burger that the company sent me to sample the other day. I love the Quorn Chik’n Nuggets, so hopefully, these will be just as delicious. I’ll let ya know! 😉

Having some leftover birthday cake for dessert and watching American Idol!!!

Good night! 😀

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter May 26, 2010 at 10:06 pm

My dog will sit his butt on one step and his legs on another. I have no idea how that is comfortable for them!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] May 26, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Your arms look freaking BUFF! :o)

Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com May 26, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Sounds like a great summer evening!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 26, 2010 at 10:17 pm

If you’re going to blow a workout, wine is a good reason to do it.

Melissa @ For the Love of Health May 26, 2010 at 10:43 pm

haha- that’s so funny you guys both had your gear on! It is definitely hard to work out in this heat!! I just got in from a run 15 minutes ago (10:30pm at night AND it’s still almost 30 degrees! I believe that’s about 80 something in farenheit)
    LOVE wine and the puppy photos are cute!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life May 26, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Awww, you guys are so cute!
    I skipped my workout today too because of the weather…just too hot! Not ready for this heat yet 😉

Lesley Lifting Life May 26, 2010 at 11:02 pm

I, too, blew off my workout today! :s But more time with the husband and the dog (dogs for us;) is totally worth it!

Evelyn @ cheers2healthy May 27, 2010 at 12:28 am

I blew off my workout today too! Guess there’s a bug going around blogworld : P

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) May 27, 2010 at 12:34 am

hahaha!!!! Murphy’s “lights are not on face” just cracked me up. I love pugs!!!

Heather May 27, 2010 at 12:58 am

sounds like the perfect laid-back night to me! there’s nothing wrong with getting your priorities straight :)

Kristen May 27, 2010 at 1:24 am

OMG I just about freaked out when I saw that you were drinking a bottle of wine from my home town!!! The Walla Walla Valley has more wonderful wines! I was just enjoying a glass of wine for L’ecole No 41 last week. http://sassychic4ever.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/a-little-red-wine/

I am so very pleased to see that someone in Boston is tasting a little bit of Walla Walla Valley.

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs May 27, 2010 at 3:15 am

Yaay – playing with Murphy was one of my suggestions as to what you should do with the evening! 😀 Great minds think alike, obviously…!! I’m glad you had a nice evening :)

Helen May 27, 2010 at 3:15 am

That’s why you are married – you are on the same wavelength! I often dread putting on my workout gear but once it’s on I feel so much better about working out. But when the weather is that nice, wine is always the way!

Annie May 27, 2010 at 4:43 am

Your family is adorable :-)
    I just tried my first Quorn product the other day- the chick’n breasts. Not bad! I’d like to try the other things they make.

Marieke May 27, 2010 at 6:13 am

You have such a great little family. Reminds me of me, my husband and our daft dog. Mal is cute too 😉

Megan@maintainingthathealthybalance May 27, 2010 at 6:57 am

I love those kind of nights. Too cute!!

Savannah May 27, 2010 at 7:20 am

Such cute dog pictures!

Cassie @ A Very Busy Mind May 27, 2010 at 7:52 am

I feel like this post could be called “The Happy Post” LOL. You all (including Murph!) just look SO content. Glad things are going swimmingly for ya, Tina! :)

CaSaundra May 27, 2010 at 8:09 am

It does look like you and Mal are very happy–love it! :o) And at least you “thought” of the gym..it’s the thought that counts, right?

Katherine May 27, 2010 at 8:19 am

Murphy is so the dog from MIB; he’s got total personality

I didn’t know Quorn was in the business of fake turkey! how is the texture to it?

Jessica May 27, 2010 at 8:26 am

I think going home to drink wine is the perfect way to spend a hot sunny day. Good choice! I have made this choice many times as well..

Beth @ DiningAndDishing May 27, 2010 at 8:33 am

Sometimes wine is more appealing than workouts and sometimes vice versa! It all balances out in the end, right :)?? Glad to see you are enjoying life so much these days Tina!

Kelly May 27, 2010 at 9:12 am

I think wine over workout was a fantastic choice! And those pics of Murphy are tooooo cute!

Corinne May 27, 2010 at 9:16 am

hahahahha the “lights are not on face” picture is the best. What a cutie. You made the right decision not working out yesterday, my face was purple after my run. PURPLE. New England, get your act together.

Lauren @ Running Examiner May 27, 2010 at 9:39 am

Sometimes wine totally trumps working out! Looks like a fun evening!

Claire May 27, 2010 at 10:06 am

Look at those arms!!You look great!You deserve the wine:-)cc

A @ Please Don't Eat Me! May 27, 2010 at 10:13 am

thats why i love my hubby so much, we are just like your guys! (minus the wine part- neither of us drink much.. lol)- great minds always think alike!!!!
    i was laughing hysterically at the puppy pics, i love how goofy animals look sometimes.. and he totally looks spacey and goofy! lol

kristen May 27, 2010 at 10:45 am

I feel like this will make me sound like a wine snob- but I agree. Semillion is the perfect “hot weather white”!

Cynthia (It All Changes) May 27, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Dogs bring such joy into life with all the random stuff they do and let us do to them. Hunni and I can’t imagine life without ours and get sad when we have to leave them for a few days.

Lisa May 27, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Hi Tina, first of all, LOVE your evening. Fabulous. Secondly, it was so strange… just as I was about to put my first bite of Quorn’s turkey burger into my mouth, I read that you were having it for dinner also (I have a bad habit of eating and blog reading at the same time!)… so, what did you think? I actually didn’t care for it that much (and I eat a lot of fake meat products)… but maybe it was because it was too hot in my apartment to warm up the stove, so I nuked it instead. Curious about your review! :)

Brandi May 27, 2010 at 5:18 pm

You and Mal are so cute! I love when my husband plays with my dog too… it’s so much fun to watch.

April May 27, 2010 at 6:50 pm

So true – changing into workout gear is half the battle! But skipping workouts is always good 😀

Mackenzie @ Whatever, Gatsby May 28, 2010 at 12:14 pm

These photos are so, so, so gorgeous! So vivid!