• Wine > Workout

May 26, 2010

My husband and I are weird. We have this strange connection that seems to bring us together– like when we randomly bumped into each other on the T and today when we both decided to skip our workouts and come home instead… to drink wine. Great minds think alike! ;-)

_MG_1088.JPG

It was 90+ degrees in Boston today, so a cold, crisp white wine made perfect sense to us! :-D

_MG_1059.JPG

Mal LOVED this wine. He actually said it was his “perfect” wine. I liked it a lot too.

_MG_1054.JPG

Being the classy individuals that we are, we paired our Semillon with Vermont White Cheddar Wheat Thins. It was a lovely combo. I easily ate a million crackers.

_MG_1074.JPG

While Mal and I ate, drank, and chatted, Murphy chilled in the grass and enjoyed some iced water.

_MG_1076.JPG

Please note my workout gear, complete with sports bra and headband. I got dressed and still skipped the gym! Don’t ya think putting on workout gear is sometimes the hardest part?!

_MG_1096.JPG

Please note Mal’s workout gear. He was also on his way to the gym. (I swear, he doesn’t normally wear cut-off t-shirts.)

_MG_1102.JPG

Please note Murphy’s butt on the stair of our front porch. (This cracked me up! :lol: )

_MG_1106.JPG

Please notice Murphy’s “lights are not on” face in this photo.

_MG_1107.JPG

Our dog is pretty hilarious. We laugh at him a lot.

_MG_1112.JPG

And frequently tease him.

_MG_1113.JPG

_MG_1114.JPG

_MG_1115.JPG

_MG_1117.JPG

_MG_1119.JPG

_MG_1121.JPG

Murphy is also fun to play with.

_MG_1129.JPG _MG_1132.JPG

_MG_1134.JPG _MG_1135.JPG

I’m definitely loving our new life! :mrgreen:

_MG_1137.JPG

Dinner

Tonight’s dinner was more leftover Cool Chinese Vermicelli X 2.

_MG_1143.JPG

And a Quorn Turk’y Burger that the company sent me to sample the other day. I love the Quorn Chik’n Nuggets, so hopefully, these will be just as delicious. I’ll let ya know! ;-)

_MG_1146.JPG

Having some leftover birthday cake for dessert and watching American Idol!!!

Good night! :-D

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter May 26, 2010 at 10:06 pm

My dog will sit his butt on one step and his legs on another. I have no idea how that is comfortable for them!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] May 26, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Your arms look freaking BUFF! :o)

Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com May 26, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Sounds like a great summer evening!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 26, 2010 at 10:17 pm

If you’re going to blow a workout, wine is a good reason to do it.

Melissa @ For the Love of Health May 26, 2010 at 10:43 pm

haha- that’s so funny you guys both had your gear on! It is definitely hard to work out in this heat!! I just got in from a run 15 minutes ago (10:30pm at night AND it’s still almost 30 degrees! I believe that’s about 80 something in farenheit)
    LOVE wine and the puppy photos are cute!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life May 26, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Awww, you guys are so cute!
    I skipped my workout today too because of the weather…just too hot! Not ready for this heat yet ;)

Lesley Lifting Life May 26, 2010 at 11:02 pm

I, too, blew off my workout today! :s But more time with the husband and the dog (dogs for us;) is totally worth it!

Evelyn @ cheers2healthy May 27, 2010 at 12:28 am

I blew off my workout today too! Guess there’s a bug going around blogworld : P

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) May 27, 2010 at 12:34 am

hahaha!!!! Murphy’s “lights are not on face” just cracked me up. I love pugs!!!

Heather May 27, 2010 at 12:58 am

sounds like the perfect laid-back night to me! there’s nothing wrong with getting your priorities straight :)

Kristen May 27, 2010 at 1:24 am

OMG I just about freaked out when I saw that you were drinking a bottle of wine from my home town!!! The Walla Walla Valley has more wonderful wines! I was just enjoying a glass of wine for L’ecole No 41 last week. http://sassychic4ever.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/a-little-red-wine/

I am so very pleased to see that someone in Boston is tasting a little bit of Walla Walla Valley.

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs May 27, 2010 at 3:15 am

Yaay – playing with Murphy was one of my suggestions as to what you should do with the evening! :D Great minds think alike, obviously…!! I’m glad you had a nice evening :)

Helen May 27, 2010 at 3:15 am

That’s why you are married – you are on the same wavelength! I often dread putting on my workout gear but once it’s on I feel so much better about working out. But when the weather is that nice, wine is always the way!

Annie May 27, 2010 at 4:43 am

Your family is adorable :-)
    I just tried my first Quorn product the other day- the chick’n breasts. Not bad! I’d like to try the other things they make.

Marieke May 27, 2010 at 6:13 am

You have such a great little family. Reminds me of me, my husband and our daft dog. Mal is cute too ;-)

Megan@maintainingthathealthybalance May 27, 2010 at 6:57 am

I love those kind of nights. Too cute!!

Savannah May 27, 2010 at 7:20 am

Such cute dog pictures!

Cassie @ A Very Busy Mind May 27, 2010 at 7:52 am

I feel like this post could be called “The Happy Post” LOL. You all (including Murph!) just look SO content. Glad things are going swimmingly for ya, Tina! :)

CaSaundra May 27, 2010 at 8:09 am

It does look like you and Mal are very happy–love it! :o) And at least you “thought” of the gym..it’s the thought that counts, right?

Katherine May 27, 2010 at 8:19 am

Murphy is so the dog from MIB; he’s got total personality

I didn’t know Quorn was in the business of fake turkey! how is the texture to it?

Jessica May 27, 2010 at 8:26 am

I think going home to drink wine is the perfect way to spend a hot sunny day. Good choice! I have made this choice many times as well..

Beth @ DiningAndDishing May 27, 2010 at 8:33 am

Sometimes wine is more appealing than workouts and sometimes vice versa! It all balances out in the end, right :)?? Glad to see you are enjoying life so much these days Tina!

Kelly May 27, 2010 at 9:12 am

I think wine over workout was a fantastic choice! And those pics of Murphy are tooooo cute!

Corinne May 27, 2010 at 9:16 am

hahahahha the “lights are not on face” picture is the best. What a cutie. You made the right decision not working out yesterday, my face was purple after my run. PURPLE. New England, get your act together.

Lauren @ Running Examiner May 27, 2010 at 9:39 am

Sometimes wine totally trumps working out! Looks like a fun evening!

Claire May 27, 2010 at 10:06 am

Look at those arms!!You look great!You deserve the wine:-)cc

A @ Please Don't Eat Me! May 27, 2010 at 10:13 am

thats why i love my hubby so much, we are just like your guys! (minus the wine part- neither of us drink much.. lol)- great minds always think alike!!!!
    i was laughing hysterically at the puppy pics, i love how goofy animals look sometimes.. and he totally looks spacey and goofy! lol

kristen May 27, 2010 at 10:45 am

I feel like this will make me sound like a wine snob- but I agree. Semillion is the perfect “hot weather white”!

Cynthia (It All Changes) May 27, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Dogs bring such joy into life with all the random stuff they do and let us do to them. Hunni and I can’t imagine life without ours and get sad when we have to leave them for a few days.

Lisa May 27, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Hi Tina, first of all, LOVE your evening. Fabulous. Secondly, it was so strange… just as I was about to put my first bite of Quorn’s turkey burger into my mouth, I read that you were having it for dinner also (I have a bad habit of eating and blog reading at the same time!)… so, what did you think? I actually didn’t care for it that much (and I eat a lot of fake meat products)… but maybe it was because it was too hot in my apartment to warm up the stove, so I nuked it instead. Curious about your review! :)

Brandi May 27, 2010 at 5:18 pm

You and Mal are so cute! I love when my husband plays with my dog too… it’s so much fun to watch.

April May 27, 2010 at 6:50 pm

So true – changing into workout gear is half the battle! But skipping workouts is always good :D

Mackenzie @ Whatever, Gatsby May 28, 2010 at 12:14 pm

These photos are so, so, so gorgeous! So vivid!