Good morning and happy Hump Day!
It’s time for another edition of Monday In Meals where I share what I ate throughout the day. Every Monday is a little different, but I’m typically ready for a healthy week ahead, so sharing my meals and snacks on CNC at the beginning of the week gets me on track and keeps the momentum rolling. That said, here’s a recap of my Monday In Meals!
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with red potatoes, peppers, and onion + iced coffee mixed with Dandy Blend, coconut creamer, and collagen
- Lunch: Buffalo Chicken & Ranch Bowl (ground chicken mixed with broccoli, peas, buffalo sauce, and blue cheese crumbles) + a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Ball
- Snack: Microwavable Paleo Oats (recipe below)
- Dinner: Beef stir fry over cauliflower rice <— I used thin sliced beef from ButcherBox, which was SO DELICIOUS. I want a cheesesteak now! FYI: ButcherBox is offering an exclusive deal for Carrots ‘N’ Cake fans: Get $10 off your order & FREE bacon!
- Dessert: Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzels
Microwavable Oatmeal Minus the Oats
Once upon a time, I followed the Paleo diet and absolutely lovvvvved this recipe for Oatmeal Minus the Oats. I used to make it all the time as a grain-free alternative to my beloved oats, and, over the years, it morphed into Fluffy Paleo Oatmeal, which was an “easier” version of the original.
Fast forward to 2013…
I got pregnant and my insides stopped bleeding, so I went back to a more traditional diet. (Paleo never really worked for me on the UC front anyway.) I stopped eating Oatmeal Minus the Oats for… well, years until recently. A reader tagged me on her Instagram photo, and it reminded me of the recipe.
I always liked Paleo Oatmeal, but I hated how annoying it was to clean the pot that I cooked it in. The egg whites would stick to the sides and take forever to clean. So, I created a microwave version, which is just as delicious and satisfying as I remember and 8,000 times easier to make and clean up!!
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites <— would probably work with 4 egg whites from the shell, but I haven’t tried it yet
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk*
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts or flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or maple extract
- cinnamon to taste
- big scoop of nut butter (optional, but highly recommended)
Directions: Mash banana inside peel. Remove the banana from the peel and add to a microwave-safe bowl with a lid along with liquid egg whites, almond milk, hemp hearts/flaxseed meal, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Microwave for 4 minutes. Remove from microwave and then mash and fully combine banana. Add a scoop of nut butter and let it melt while the “oats” cool slightly. Eat!
* Quick note about the almond milk: I’ve tried this recipe with 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1/2 cup of almond milk. All three measurements work, it just depends how thick you like your oats. The 1/4 cup will make them thick and fairly dense while the 1/2 cup make them much thinner and somewhat smooth. The 1/3 cup is somewhere in the middle, which is typically my go-to measurement! 🙂
Makes 1 serving
Macros: P 24 C 25 F 5
Question of the Day
What’d you eat for breakfast this morning?
P.S. Curious about Designed To Fit Nutrition? Have some questions and want to learn more? Join us TONIGHT (WEDNESDAY) for our first Facebook Live info session! We’ll share what DTFN is all about and give you a chance to ask any questions you might have regarding our meal plans. Get comfy on your couch and log on to our Facebook page to participate!