I’m always looking for quick and easy recipes that taste as delicious as they sound! I recently came across Skinnytaste’s Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf, which immediately caught my attention. I mean, doesn’t that just sound amazing?
Honestly, the recipe looked pretty fancy too. Did I really have time for that on a weeknight? It seemed like a lot of steps, and I knew I could simplify it. Since I had all the ingredients, I did what I always do and improvised (aka made my own “lazy girl” version), and it turned out so great! It’s actually a really easy recipe now! 🙂
I made a little impromptu video to give you a peak into how I simplified the recipe. It may not look as pretty as the original, but I promise, it tasted just a delicious. Mal enthusiastically agreed, so I will take it as a winner!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”SG9JQGTx” upload-date=”2018-05-30T15:54:20.000Z” name=”Lazy Girl’s Cheese-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf” description=”Lazy Girl’s Cheese-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf”]
Lazy Girl's Cheese-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
Makes 16 Slices: 30P/15C/13F
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 large eggs or 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 1 tablespoon water)
- 1 cup 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt (pepper & seasoning of choice)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, ketchup, egg (or flax egg), salt, pepper, and other seasonings. Mix with your hands until well blended. Place on a 12- x 16-inch piece of plastic wrap (or parchment paper) and pat firmly into a 10- x 12-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over ground turkey. Roll up jelly roll-style, starting from the short end, by lifting plastic wrap and removing it as you roll. Seal ends well. Place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven, brush the glaze over the top of the roll, and return to oven for about 15 minutes, or until no pink remains. Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes.
- Slice into 16 slices and serve.
Adapted from https://www.skinnytaste.com/cheese-stuffed-turkey-meatloaf/