Hey and happy Friday to you! HOW is it the last day of May!? It was the fastest month ever, right? And I have a feeling this summer is going to fly by as well! I’m excited for June though (hello, birthday month!) and all the fun things that we have planned. Woohoo!
This week’s edition of The Friday 5 is focused all on things Father’s Day, which is just in a couple of weeks – Sunday, June 16. I’ve got a handful of ideas for Father’s Day gifts for the guys in your life. I hope they help with shopping for gifts this year!
1. Under Armour Golf Showdown Shorts – I’m taking up golf this summer and hope to play a lot with Mal. He has a ton of golf shorts, but needed to up his game in the shorts department.
2. Eight Dates – John M. Gottman is a marriage and relationship expert, and I first heard him on the Armchair Expert podcast. I loved hearing his take on marriage and relationships, so I bought his book Eight Dates for Mal for his birthday. Now, we’re planning to go on the eight dates mentioned in the book this summer. The book guides you and your partner on eight fun, and easy dates, each one focused on a make-or-break issue: trust, conflict, sex, money, family, adventure, spirituality, and dreams. Should be interesting, right? FYI: Buy two books so each partner has a copy to read and participate in the quizzes, questions, etc. in the book. If you guys are interested, I’ll share more about our experience! 🙂
3. Beautycounter Counterman Collection – Are the men in your life using safe products? Yes? No? Maybe? Here’s why you should care: According to a survey conducted by the Environmental Working Group (EWG), men use, on average, 6 products daily, containing a total of about 85 unique ingredients. Of the 85 unique ingredients, many of them are known as endocrine-disrupting chemicals (EDCs) since they interfere with hormonal balance, including fertility. These EDCs can also play a part in obesity and coronary heart disease. Long story short, it’s time to clean up the products in the lives of the men you love so much, and Beautycounter‘s Counterman is a line of safer skincare designed specifically for men.
Mal uses a number of products from the line and absolutely loves them, especially the Counterman Clarifying Toner Pads. I’m pretty sure he uses them everyday! I actually like them too, especially when I’m feeling lazy and don’t want to wash my face in the morning! 😉
Here some of Mal’s other favorites:
- Counterman Daily Exfoliating Cleanser
- Counterman Oil-Free Face Lotion
- Counterman Smoothing Shave Cream
4. Father’s Day Wine Gift Set – For the dad who has everything! This $100 gift set includes: ( 1) bottle of 2017 Gallivant Chardonnay, (1) bottle of 2017 Hushkeeper Red Wine, and 1 Scout & Cellar Polo Shirt, packaged in a branded gift box. Father’s Day will be here before we know it! To ensure your Father’s Day orders are delivered before Sunday, June 16, please be mindful of the following order cutoffs: Tuesday, June 4 (Ground) and Tuesday, June 11 (Express).
5. New York Times Custom Birthday Book – I shared this birthday book in a previous blog post, but, seriously, how cool is this gift? It would make an amazing gift for Father’s Day – for a dad, grandfather, or any other history fan in your life. The customized book, preserved in library binding and personalized with name and date of birth, is a collection of the New York Times front pages from each year since the recipient’s birth. It takes a fascinating snapshot of history seen through the lens of their special day. I actually bought one for my mom for Mother’s Day. Here’s a video that I share previously if you want to see what the book is all about.
Enjoy your weekend, friends!
Sales of the Week (for the guys!)
- Patagonia Better Sweater Quarter-Zip Pullover (30% off)
- Madewell Straight Jeans in Danforth Wash (25% off)
- North Face Canyonlands Fleece Jacket (30% off)
- Adidas Ultraboost 19 Running Shoes (20% off)
- Lululemon T.H.E. Short License To Train 9″ (30% off)
- Lululemon At Ease Joggers (30% off)
Question of the Day
What are you gifting for Father’s Day?
This post contains some affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission from the company if you decide to purchase the product linked to. This compensation helps with expenses to keep CNC up and running. Thank you for your support!
P.S. If you need a little motivation and perhaps a kick in the butt with your diet, the 19-day macro tracking challenge starts TOMORROW! I hope you decide to join us!! 🙂