Today, I turn the big 3-7! We celebrated over the weekend with a small get-together at our house – complete with peanut butter cup cake, presents, and lots of laughs!
While I definitely enjoyed celebrating with my family and friends, I also love using this time to reflect on my years and the incredible life I’ve been given. I’ve definitely learned A LOT in the past 37 years and thought it would be fun to share 37 life lessons (with some favorite quotes mixed in) in honor of my birthday! I hope you enjoy!
- “The first wealth is health.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Accept and adjust.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Count your blessings everyday.
- Pug people are the best people.
- You can do anything you want as long as you don’t make excuses.
- If you don’t like something about your life, change it.
- You love who you love.
- “Surround yourself only with people who lift you higher.” -Oprah
- Don’t eat yellow snow.
- If you’re not kind on the Internet, you’re not kind.
- Being a little less perfect makes you a little more consistent.
- You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
- The little things in life are the big things.
- There’s always room for cake.
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Trust the timing of your life.
- Age is just a number.
- Two wrongs don’t make a right.
- Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but doesn’t get you anywhere.
- Iced coffee makes everything better.
- Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
- It’s just a bad day; not a bad life.
- Energy. Attitude. Can’t fail.
- Whining gets you no where. <– we tell Qman this a lot! 🙂
- Fruit is not dessert.
- Nobody is too busy; it’s just a matter of priorities.
- YOU create your own opportunities.
- What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
- “If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. It’s the hard that makes it great.” – Tom Hanks
- Life is better when you are laughing.
- “People who love to eat are always the best people.” – Julia Child
- Let your past make you better, not bitter.
- If ‘Plan A’ fails, remember there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.
- Scary can be good.
- Everything happens for a reason.
Fall in love with someone who doesn’t make you think love is hard.
Question of the Day
What’s your favorite life lesson?