• 25 Tasty Ways to Use Nutritional Yeast

March 24, 2016

Hey, hey!

I receive lots of questions about how I use nutritional yeast in my diet, so created a round-up of my favorite recipes and ways I like to eat it. If you’re already a fan, please share your favorite ways to use nutritional yeast. I’m always looking for new and tasty ideas, and I’m sure many of you are too!

25 tasty ways to use nutritional yeast

1. Sprinkled into scrambled eggs
    2. On pasta – like grated Parmesan
    3. Mixed into salad greens
    4. Whisked into homemade salad dressing – I love this one!
    5. In a rice bowl
    6. On popcorn – so good!
    7. Mmm Sauce – my favorite!
    8. On buttered toast
    9. On rice cakes
    10. Feel Good (Vegan) Mac & Cheese
    11. Mashed into homemade guacamole
    12. Cheesy Cauliflower “Popcorn”
    13. Scrambled with tofu
    14. Cheesy Kale Chips
    15. In soup
    16. Vegan Alfredo Pasta
    17. Mixed into canned tuna (or salmon) – I like it with honey mustard + nutritional yeast
    18. Light & Creamy Chickpea Salad with Shredded Brussels Sprouts
    19. Sprinkled onto sautéed spinach
    20. Sprinkled onto any roasted or steamed veggies – I especially like it on broccoli and Brussels sprouts
    21. On avocado toast
    22. Mixed into your favorite flavor of hummus
    23. Inside a veggie quesadilla
    24. Blended into mashed potatoes
    25. Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cups

What’s your favorite way to eat nutritional yeast?

Want more healthy meal ideas? Check out these posts:

Averie @ Averie Cooks March 24, 2016 at 2:50 am

Thanks for linking up my Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cups! Nearly 7 years later, I should probably update the photos on that post…lol

Hope you’re doing well!! 🙂

Brynn March 24, 2016 at 6:06 am

Obsessed with this post. I just recieved a huge container of nutritional yeast and had no clue what to use if for! Goibg the popcorn route first.

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious March 24, 2016 at 7:06 am

I’ve used it in coconut biscuits. I must try that cheesey cauliflower rice! I’m obsessed with cauliflower rice lately!

Sam @ Barrister's Beet March 24, 2016 at 7:29 am

Thanks for all the great ideas! I’ve only ever sprinkled it on pasta so I’m excited to try other ways. Happy Thursday!

Linz @ Itz Linz March 24, 2016 at 7:53 am

my favorite way to use nutritional yeast is to sprinkle it on my eggs!

Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment March 24, 2016 at 8:43 am

I must start using nutritional yeast again. Thank you for the reminder. It is a great addition to so many foods. What is your favorite brand?

Tina March 24, 2016 at 9:55 am

I like Bragg’s. I linked to it in my post! 🙂

Lisa March 24, 2016 at 9:25 am

I need to try this! Can you get it at regular grocery stores? I looked last week but didn’t spot it.

Tina March 24, 2016 at 9:56 am

I buy mine online from Amazon, but Whole Foods sells it as well as other health/specialty stores.

Jen @ Pretty Little Grub March 24, 2016 at 9:59 am

Thanks for all the ideas. I keep wanting to pick some up and give it a try but I had no idea it had this many uses.

Hannah H March 24, 2016 at 10:13 am

Love nutritional yeast! My favorite ways to use it are on sautéed kale, or blended with cashews and spices to make vegan queso!

Tina March 24, 2016 at 10:18 am

Vegan queso sounds awesome!! 🙂

Di March 24, 2016 at 11:08 am

I’m a vegan and love nutritional yeast! Always looking for new ways to use it. I am going to try the cauliflower recipe you posted. Sounds delish!

Ruth March 24, 2016 at 11:10 am

I’ve never tried it, but this is the biggest list I have ever seen of uses for it. I guess maybe I have always been leary of it, since I keep thinking it will taste horrible.
    lol…it’s like a kid who hasn’t ever tried something but will say they hate it.

Colleen March 24, 2016 at 11:58 am

Have you tried Spike Magic seasoning blend? Nutritional yeast is the main ingredient, but I love the added herbs and spices. So good on eggs or popcorn, really any of the savory suggestions you’ve made above.

Sherri D @ fun fit flavor March 24, 2016 at 12:04 pm

I looked for this at Whole Foods yesterday! Do you know what section it is in? Bragg’s is quickly coming one of my favorite brands between ACV, liquid aminos and now this!

Tina March 24, 2016 at 12:12 pm

I think they have it in the bulk section as well as the baking section, near the spices. If you ask someone who works there, they’ll point you in the right direction! 🙂 I order mine on Amazon, which tends to me a bit cheaper.

Sherri D @ fun fit flavor March 24, 2016 at 2:54 pm

@Tina: Thank you! Found it in the baking section while I was looking for honey.

Becky @goodfortheswole March 24, 2016 at 1:19 pm

These recipes look amazing!! Where do you buy your nutritional yeast from??

Bethany March 24, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Do different brands taste different? I put some on a salad last week working for a cheesy flavor, but it was not so much…….

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole March 24, 2016 at 7:35 pm

I have never used nutritional yeast so I am going to have to give it a try!!

Rosey March 24, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Vegan parm made with nutritional yeast and ground cashews…so good—> Check out minimalistbaker’s recipe. I actually just sprinkled some on top of a veggie lentil soup for dinner and it was awesome!

R.C. @ Going Dad March 25, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Been enjoying nutritional yeast for quite a while, and these are all great ideas, thanks for sharing! On broccoli and eggs is the easiest and best way to use in my opinion.

Another hit in my house is when I bake a savory “cheesy” bread using nutritional yeast in place of half the flour called for in a recipe. Really goes well with a cornbread recipe. I use coconut flour, nutritional yeast, and whole grain corn flour with a little cumin and bam, delish!

Lindsey March 28, 2016 at 6:09 pm

I love nutritional yeast! I started on a Plant based journey a year ago and have found so many great uses for this stuff! I will definitely try out that salad dressing!

One of the BEST uses I have ever found is using to make “vegetable stock”. So easy to always have on hand 🙂

Kenya Fruits Exporters April 2, 2016 at 8:49 am

Amazing tips. Its time i start using nutritional yeast. Thanks a lot for the ideas