• Favorite “Make-Again” Recipes from Blue Apron + A Special Offer

February 2, 2016

Hi, guys!

As you probably already know, we’re huge fans of Blue Apron in our house. We look forward to our deliveries (yay, one less trip to the grocery store!) and tasty meals sooooo much. I’m telling ya, we get really excited when Blue Apron is on the menu for the week!

IMG_0538

In fact, we’ve loved so many recipes from Blue Apron, I find myself making them again and again. Blue Apron has also taught me a number of helpful cooking techniques and ways to make food taste really amazing, so it’s no surprise I turn to their recipes on the regular. That said, I want to tell you guys about some of my favorite make-again recipes from Blue Apron!

make-again recipes from Blue Apron

But, first, let me tell you what Blue Apron is all about!

Blue Apron delivers all the farm-fresh ingredients you need, right to your doorstep, in exactly the right proportions. There are no trips to the grocery store needed and no waste from unused ingredients. (Blue Apron is actually working to develop a sustainable food system. Check out their mission page here.) Basically, you order your meals online and they’re shipped for free right to your front door. Everything is delivered in a refrigerated box so ingredients stay fresh even if you’re not at home when your package arrives. Blue Apron is adding new recipes all the time, so you will always have something new and exciting to select for your delivery.

Blue Apron offer two types of plans:

• The 2-Person Plan will set you up with one delivery a week, each with three inventive meals for two. Each week, the culinary team creates six new recipes for this plan, and you will be sent a curated menu of three recipes based on your dietary preferences.
    • The Family Plan is perfect for feeding a family of four. With this plan you can opt to receive one or two deliveries per week, each delivery consisting of two meals to be served family-style.

Each menu is between 500-700 calories per person and all meals can be prepared in 40 minutes or less. Blue Apron now ships to most of the country and there’s no commitment—you can skip or cancel the service at any time.

Blue Apron also offers a recycling program. There are two ways to recycle Blue Apron packaging: Use the recycling locator to find recycling options in your community or return your packaging for free to Blue Apron via USPS. Learn more here.

If you’re curious about Blue Apron and thinking about giving it a try, here’s a little incentive! ***The first 100 readers will get two free meals on their first Blue Apron order! Just click here!***

Ok, now it’s time to tell you about my favorite make-again recipes from Blue Apron!

The first recipe probably won’t surprise you given my love for Salmon Caesar Salads lately. I cannot get enough of them! And the Salmon Caesar Salad from Blue Apron incorporates homemade sourdough croutons and Caesar dressing. Ooooh, yes. It’s quite incredible.

We’ve also made a couple of variations of the Beet & Barley Risotto with Swiss Chard & Goat Cheese from Blue Apron. It’s such a tasty and nutritious comfort food dish, especially mixed with the tangy goat cheese, so we’ve mixed it up with the ingredients. We’ve tried brown rice (instead of the barley), spinach (instead of the Swiss chard), and roasted sweet potatoes (instead of the beets). That combo was particularly delicious! Mmm!

IMG_1025

Another favorite recipe is the Rice Noodles & Coconut-Matcha Broth with Delicata Squash, Bok Choy & Thai Basil, which, technically, I’ve only made once, but I’ve roasted delicata squash (as well as butternut squash) the same way a number of times now. I loved this recipe (mmm, coconut-matcha broth), but I really loved that it taught me a new and easy way to cook squash!

SAMSUNG CSC

And, finally, my crock-pot recipe for Hearty Sausage, Butternut Squash, Kale & White Bean Soup was inspired by Blue Apron’s Spiced Pork, Squash & White Bean Soup with Lacinato Kale & Sage-Walnut Pesto, which was a phenomenal meal that I highly recommend!

hearty white bean soup

What’s one of your favorite make-again recipes that you find yourself cooking for dinner again and again?

Thank you to Blue Apron for sponsoring this post!

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious February 2, 2016 at 7:47 am

Crockpot cranberry apple oatmeal and my Paleo chicken noodle-less soup I make regularly. Basically anything in a crockpot I’m game for!

Brynn February 2, 2016 at 8:10 am

Grilled honey siracha chicken and 10 alarm turkey chili are staples in our house.

Kelli @ Hungry Hobby February 2, 2016 at 8:16 am

I was wondering about your Salmon salad! What dressing you were using, etc.. Now I know! I make shrimp tacos really frequently, but I go through kicks where I eat the heck out of something again and again and again, then I don’t want it again for at least 6 months! Right now I’m totally on a quesadilla kick!

Melissa @ melissakolbeck.com February 2, 2016 at 9:15 am

I’m so excited! I’d of course heard of Blue Apron before but always assumed it was too expensive. The regular price is a little steep for us right now, but $20 off makes it a no-brainer to give it a try. Thanks!!

Hilary February 2, 2016 at 9:57 am

I love spaghetti squash pasta with meat sauce! It’s only three ingredients and I love how big the portion sizes are!

Gretchen February 2, 2016 at 10:04 am

Yum! I love Blue Apron as well. I’ve also tried Hello Fresh which is similar, and they had a recipe for pork wontons which were AMAZING!

Ruth Deaton February 2, 2016 at 10:37 am

A big pot o’ soup or chili are regulars in our house. Your last recipe definitely calls out to me!

Tina February 2, 2016 at 10:39 am

That soup is the bomb! Definitely give it a whirl! 🙂

Christine February 2, 2016 at 11:12 am

I’ve been making paleo shepherds pie and buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole, both make great leftovers for the work week!

Katrina February 2, 2016 at 11:40 am

I absolutely love the idea of BlueApron! I wish they had it in Europe! Ps your flannel shirt is really cute 😀

Delaney February 2, 2016 at 12:16 pm

We are on our 3rd week of Blue Apron we like it. We usually really like 2 of the 3 options we get. Only thing I would say i’m not super excited about….As healthy eaters I feel its a little more carb heavy than we are used to. But overall we enjoy the food and saves us time and money. And we get to try new stuff in the process.

Andrea February 2, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Pasta (with spaghetti squash or TJ’s brown rice fusilli) and ground turkey or veggie sauces are always my go-to’s when I don’t know what else to make. Right now, I’m loving your spinach parmesean sauce with the chickpeas (I forgot what you call it). Its delicious!

Do you guys get the couple box because of your little one, or go for the family box and have leftovers?

Tina February 2, 2016 at 12:49 pm

We get the two-person plan, which usually has some leftovers, so it works well for the 3 of us! 🙂

Anna February 2, 2016 at 12:29 pm

I love to make knock off Chinese takeout recipes because with celiac I’ve been glutened at one too many Chinese restaurants (soy sauce!). Slow cooked grass fed beef in my le creuset is a close second 🙂

I’ve always been curious about blue apron but didn’t consider it would also help teach you new cooking techniques. Added bonus for sure!

Courtney @ ScoopingRN February 2, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Spaghetti squash with chicken sausage is an easy go-to comfort meal for me. That Salmon salad is calling my name though..

Also, I love your shirt in that first picture!

Tina February 2, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Thank you! It’s a Stitch Fix find! 🙂

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole February 2, 2016 at 1:56 pm

These look so yummy! I love making White Chicken Chili or other crockpot soups quite often because they are so easy to make. 🙂

Kelsey @ Chatterbox Blog February 2, 2016 at 9:27 pm

That beet and barley dish looks fantastic (I’ve been obsessed with beets lately!) My go-to meal lately has been either bulgur+chickpeas+broccoli or black bean fajitas (with avocado of course!)

Ally @ Homespun Runner February 2, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Tacos hands down are my fave. It is so easy and fast. I usually use ground turkey or bison for the meat. Beef sometimes doesn’t do well with my stomach. I usually make a pound and then either freeze the leftovers or have taco salad for lunch the next day!

Stephanie February 3, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Tacos using salsa chicken are a favorite in my house… well, really anything that involves few ingredients and using the crock pot 🙂

Lindsay February 3, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Strange question … but is there a way to guarantee that there isn’t any fish included in the blue apron deliveries? My family is not a fan and I am allergic. I have wanted to try out the service but because of all of the fish I have stayed away.

Olivia February 4, 2016 at 1:21 pm

@Lindsay: After you put in your email address/zipcode, you can choose the meal plan you want and then they have dietary preferences, where you can check/uncheck things you don’t want in your box. I see one for fish and shellfish, so if you uncheck those, you will still get beef, poultry, lamb and pork.

Olivia February 4, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I used Blue Apron for the first time last month, when I received it as a Christmas gift! LOVE LOVE LOVE and it got me back into the cooking game (took a long hiatus of laziness). The recipes were fabulous and several “firsts” for me – never made a burger on my stovetop and never heard of some of their ingredients before. Do you know where I can get watermelon radish?