Hi, friends! Happy Saturday!
We’re hosting a brunch with friends tomorrow afternoon, so I did our weekly grocery shopping yesterday, which means I can share it with you guys on CNC! I actually needed to buy a few things from Target, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and do my grocery shopping there too.
I typically shop at Trader Joe’s or Stop & Shop (they have a better selection overall), but we had quite a few groceries leftover from last week, so popping into Target for a smaller shopping worked out great. That said, here’s our weekly grocery haul and meal plan for the week!
MEAT, EGGS, DAIRY
- Silk Light Vanilla Soymilk – I love a little sweetness in my iced coffee, so I went with vanilla soymilk this week. I switch it up with unsweetened and vanilla. I also pick soymilk over almond milk because it has more protein per serving, and I just like the taste and creaminess more.
- Market Pantry (Target brand) Liquid Egg Whites – Since cutting back on meat, I’m looking for ways to add more protein to my diet. I still eat plenty of egg yolks; the whites are just an easy way to add protein to my diet, like mixed into oatmeal.
- Simply Balanced Organic Whole Milk – We typically buy milk for Quinn from a local farm, so I just grabbed a half gallon to get us through the next few days. We’ll swing by Hornstra later this week to buy a gallon and see the cows.
- Market Pantry Eggs
- Market Pantry Unsalted Butter
- Archer Farms (Target brand) Applewood Thick Cut Bacon – For brunch with friends.
- Gold’n Plump Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Filets – We haven’t really liked the Market Pantry chicken, so I was happy to see a new chicken option. I’ll let you know how it tastes!
- Horizon Organic Shapes Colby Cheese – Quinn lovvveeesss this cheese!
I’m surprised how little produce I bought, but it’s only because I got a ton of frozen stuff from Trader Joe’s last week. We’ll be eating through our freezer stash in the coming days.
- Earthbound Farm Organic Deep Green Blends – For smoothies and salads.
- Iceberg Lettuce – For Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Black Bean Salads
- Bananas – I hope these aren’t “trick” bananas. The last time I bought bananas from Target, they never ripened (even though they looked ripe) and stayed hard as a rock, so we ended up throwing out the whole bunch. Mal and I think they were some weird new experimental banana since we won’t have them like we know them for much longer.
- Market Pantry Potato Puffs – I’m making three batches of Cheesy Tater Tot Breakfast Bake. Yes, three: One for brunch, one for my sister (my niece Karli arrived on Wednesday!), and one for us for weekday breakfasts.
- Market Pantry Blueberries
- Market Pantry Mango – I love the taste and texture that frozen mango gives to smoothies!
- Vega Protein & Greens (vanilla) – I’m also trying to add more veggie protein to my diet, so I figured I’d give this a try.
- Simply Orange Orange Juice – For brunch.
- Annie’s Organic Whole Wheat Shells & White Cheddar
- Market Pantry Black Beans
- Market Pantry Canned Chicken – I like the canned chicken from Trader Joe’s (it’s such an easy source of protein), so I decided to give the Target brand a try.
- Newman’s Own Salsa
- Market Pantry 100% Whole Wheat Tortilla
- Pumpkin Puffins – I saw these on clearance and just had to buy them!
- Annie’s Cinnamon Rolls – For brunch.
Weekly meal plan:
- Sunday: Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad
- Monday: Chicken quesadillas using leftovers from previous night
- Tuesday: Protein-Packed Vegetarian Stir Fry
- Wednesday: Soup + grilled cheese sandwiches and steamed broccoli
- Thursday: Tuna melts with sweet potato fries and steamed broccoli
- Friday: Out to dinner
- Saturday: Wing it
Weekly meal prep: