• National Cereal Day

March 7, 2014

Good morning! Happy National Cereal Day!!

photo

(This dog will do anything for a treat.)

Do you like Murphy’s Lucky Charms hat? Fun fact: A certain little leprechaun is celebrating his 50th birthday this year! I had no idea he was old distinguished!

My friends at General Mills sent me some party hats as well as a few boxes of cereal to celebrate National Cereal Day, so I made sure to eat a big bowl of Chex for breakfast this morning. Also in the mix: Greek yogurt, blueberries, and sliced almonds.

I rounded out breakfast with a glass of delicious green juice. It was a wonderful meal that came together in a matter of minutes!

Also included in my package from General Mills was a bunch of fun goodies for Baby Haupert. How adorable!!

Don’t you think every baby needs a Wheaties onesie? I think so, especially one who will likely come out swinging a kettlebell or doing Burpees. I actually think he does Burpees now every night from 7:00 – 10:00 PM. WOD-ing in the womb.

If you could only eat ONE kind of cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

P.S. Wondering if Stitch Fix styles pregnant women? Short answer: They do!

Alex @ Kenzie Life March 7, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Raisin bran! I don’t care if it’s old-people cereal. It’s so good!

Kelly March 7, 2014 at 1:20 pm

One cereal for the rest of my life?! Oh the horror. Ha! Seriously, I would choose Honey Nut Cheerios. Such a classic that reminds me of my childhood! :)

Ashley March 7, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Oh man that’s tough. Maybe honey bunches of oats. . . how lame am i?

Ashley @ Brocblog March 7, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Cinnamon Life is one of my favorite foods. I might be an addict.

Molly March 7, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Hands down, without a doubt, it would be Barbara’s Peanut Butter Puffins. I seriously can’t get enough! Close second would be Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Following in third – shredded wheat with bran – so yummy mixed in with Greek yogurt or delicious on its own with cold almond milk and fruit :-9

Tricia @ Balance In Progress March 7, 2014 at 2:15 pm

I haven’t eaten cereal in a while, but growing up I loved peanut butter capt’n crunch…Yum!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 7, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I cannot believe I did not know that it is National Cereal Day!! I am slacking! I didn’t even eat any today :(

Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork March 7, 2014 at 2:54 pm

I used to love Life cereal (original flavor), but alas, it’s not gluten free. I actually don’t eat much cereal these days because it just doesn’t fill me up enough. Plus, I have a tendency to pour a very large bowl. My dad would eat cereal 24-7 if he could. We even joke that his favorite gourmet meal is “cereal au lait” (and pronounce it siri-elle). ;-)

Graig March 7, 2014 at 2:58 pm

“WOD-ing in the womb” that really made me laugh.

Ashley @ Saving Money in your Twenties March 7, 2014 at 2:59 pm

i LOVE honey bunches of oats. or multi grain cheerios! I try not to keep cereal in the house because I can eat a whole box in like 24 hours… yikes

Rebeka March 7, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Oh man, I haven’t had cereal in years. Can I choose oatmeal? I’m not sure if that is a “cereal”. Or granola! With yogurt! Yum!

Erin (General Mills) March 7, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I absolutely love this. So awesome to see Murphy in the hat. And, so glad you liked the baby gear for your “Future Wheaties Champion.”

Nikki @ grab your kicks March 7, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I love a lot of cereal, but Kashi Heart to Heart is my fav!

Cheri @ Overactive Blogger March 7, 2014 at 7:22 pm

If I could eat one kind of cereal the rest of my life (if you promised it wouldn’t make me fat) I would eat honey bunches of oats with almonds the rest of my life. LOVE IT. But so much sugar, and really not good for you at all.

Julie March 7, 2014 at 7:34 pm

I think I would go with chocolate shredded wheat.

Karissa March 7, 2014 at 8:16 pm

I’d probably go with regular Cheerios! They’re so delicious and versatile. So I LOVE the adorable Cheerios stuff for the baby! So cute.

Lisa @ runnermamablogger March 7, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Right now my favorite cereal is the Special K Vanilla Almond. That is the only cereal I eat.

Elisabeth March 8, 2014 at 12:29 am

I LOVE cereal – always have – and have lots of favorites – Post Shredded Wheat n Bran, Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch, Raisin Bran Crunch, Kashi Go Lean Crunch, Rice Chex, Crispix…ha. If I could only eat one cereal forever, it would have to be Rice Krispies! My great grandma always gave me that for breakfast, so it’s a bit sentimental for me ;)

Jenn@ Mark My Miles! March 8, 2014 at 6:08 am

Life cereal…especially when it gets soggy!

Livi March 8, 2014 at 7:46 am

Kind granola! so so good!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 8, 2014 at 10:23 am

That’s a tough question, but I think I’d go with Cinnamon Toast Crunch! OR Peanut Butter Cheerios! :-)

Marilyn March 8, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Kashi Heart to Heart Honey Toasted Oat, I can eat it all day.

Nora Turner March 8, 2014 at 4:08 pm

One cereal for the rest of my life….. probably would be Cocoa Pebbles or any other GF version of chocolate crispy cereal. It’s my heaven :)

Anel March 9, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Cocoa Pebbbles!! Cinnamon toast crunch is a very close second.

Suzanne March 10, 2014 at 7:27 am

Cheerios…it’s a classic! Kashi Go Lean is yummy too though!

Kate @ WildnWonderfulKate March 10, 2014 at 9:37 am

Peanut butter cap’n crunch!!!

Jill B March 10, 2014 at 10:25 am

My kids loved playing with those Cheerios books! Keeps them entertained for hours!