Ever since I tried the Bang Bang Cauliflower at Legal C Bar a few weeks ago, I’ve been meaning to recreate it at home. It was just so incredible, I needed to have it in my life.
Well, I finally got around to experimenting and, while my Bang Bang Cauliflower recipe isn’t an exact replica of the original (it’s baked, not fried and calls for buffalo sauce), it tastes pretty frickin’ amazing, and I know it’ll become a favorite in your house too!
Bang Bang Buffalo Cauliflower
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: side, entree, vegetarian, gluten-free
A lightened up twist on a restaurant favorite. Made gluten-free with almond meal for a great side dish or vegetarian entree.
12 ounces cauliflower florets
1/3 cup liquid egg whites (or 2 large)
2/3 cup almond meal
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
1 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sriracha or hot sauce
salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour egg whites into one bowl and almond meal into another. Fully coat cauliflower florets in egg whites and then cover in almond meal. Then, place florets on a prepared baking sheet and bake in oven for 20 minutes. (Optional: Sprinkle with salt + pepper.)
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Combine buffalo sauce, mayo, honey, rice vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- When 20 minutes is up, remove cauliflower florets from oven and allow them to cool slightly. Turn oven up to 450 degrees F.
- Add florets to the sauce in the mixing bowl and coat completely.
- Return sauce-covered florets to baking sheet and bake in oven for another 5-7 minutes until crispy and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 382
- Fat: 26
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Protein: 17
Keywords: side, entree, vegetarian, gluten-free, cauliflower
Freebies for You
Start your macro journey now with my Getting Started with Macros Guide and 40-30-30 Weight Loss Meal Plan.
Join my Macro Bootcamp for 5 days of FREE macro education!
Could I use Sriracha instead of Buffalo sauce? They don’t sell buffalo sauce where I live and I don’t know it’s taste, so I actually don’t know what to substitute it with. But I do love sriracha!
Sure! Sounds good!
I just made this and it came out amazing!! I used breadcrumbs instead of almond meal since it was all I had. My husband asked me to keep this in our regular rotation. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Hi Tina, I made this recipe the other night….Wow…..loved it!!! I usually make mashed cauliflower which I love too, but I wanted to try something different. I am so glad I did. Thank you so much!!
holy moly these sound amazing!
Made this last night. My 3 teenage boys LOVED it. I am from the Buffalo area and my family loves anything with Buffalo sauce. My husband and I found this dish very spicy. We are spice whimps. What do you suggest to bring the fire down a few notches? Maybe use half the sauce?
Try half the sauce or a different variety of buffalo sauce. Not all brands have the same fire!
Could you sub almond flour for almond meal?