• Protein-Packed Creamy Chipotle Cheddar Veggies

January 15, 2014

I had lunch with the cutest baby ever yesterday afternoon!

Matthew is getting so big! And he’s standing up!

And crawling… sort of. He can go from sitting onto his stomach and then he squirms on the ground and reaches for his toys. I still can’t get over how much he can do. It’s crazy how fast they grow!

Before I visited my sister and Matthew, I did a little shopping and made some returns. I popped into Sephora to buy some hairspray because I can’t seem to get my hair to hold a curl no matter what I do. I’ve tried cheap-y hairspray, but my hair gets all hard and crunchy, which is not attractive, so I’m hoping a more quality product will do the trick.

I also stopped by Anthropologie to do a little window shopping just for fun. I’ve tried to restrain my clothing purchases because I know my size and shape are temporary, but I came so close to buying this top, which I could wear both during pregnancy and after. I love how the pop of color shows through at the bottom. I tried it on and everything, but I didn’t end up buying it, and now I’m regretting it. Maybe I should go back and get it?

I also ended up returning the Belly Band that I bought from Target after reading all of your comments on my previous post. Thank you, btw! I’m definitely all about comfort when it comes to my clothes, so I could see that thing driving me crazy, especially since it already felt like my pants were falling down with the elastic band trick. Straight onto maternity clothes!

When I finally arrived at my sister’s house, I was absolutely starving, so she offered me some cold pizza, and I was SO HAPPY that she did. Cold pizza when you’re hungry and pregnant is the best thing ever. I’ve also been drooling over pizza commercials on TV lately (I always tell Mal we should order pizza for dinner, but we never do), so my sister’s leftover pizza TOTALLY hit the spot.

Since we planned to have lunch together, I told my sister I would bring something to contribute to the meal. I whipped up an easy veggie dish with Laughing Cow cheese, and it turned out so well—creamy, cheesy, and a little spicy. Mmm! I also loved the satisfying bites of edamame throughout the dish.

_MG_1524 (900x600)_thumb[1]

For those of you who are watching your calorie intake, each serving of these veggies is just 150 calories and includes nearly 13 grams of protein. Not too shabby! Plus, you’ll get all sorts of great nutrients in your diet AND you can make this dish, start to finish, in about 6 minutes! Booyah.

Creamy Chipotle Cheddar Veggies

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. Combine broccoli, spinach, and edamame in a microwavable-safe dish with a lid and microwave for 5 minutes.
    2. Remove dish from microwave and immediately mix with cheese wedges until fully blended.
    3. Serve immediately!

Makes 3 servings, approximately 1 cup each

I am an official brand advocate for Bel Brands in 2014. While I receive compensation for participation as a brand advocate, opinions are my own.

Questions of the Day

Is there anything better than cold pizza?

What’s your favorite store to just wander around and window shop?

Should I go back to Anthropologie and buy that shirt?

marapage January 16, 2014 at 4:04 am

Handsome nephew.Cant wait to read more. And try your recipes.

Annie Atherton January 16, 2014 at 7:19 am

My go-to pregnancy dinner was cereal! I felt bad because this was the first neglect my husband experienced. Sorry hunny, cereal for supper, haha.

And ketchup was my other love. I would plan dinners around how much ketchup I could use! Hot dogs & tater tots was a good one!

Elizabeth @ Positive Change January 16, 2014 at 7:53 am

I have to agree cold pizza is the best! I love when I eat some with olives on it, the salty-ness is just so yummy! I think you should totally get the shirt, you know you love something if you are regretting not purchasing at the time! Go for it! It is super cute!!

julie January 16, 2014 at 8:34 am

I seriously love laughing cow. I eat it with everything. My favs are the white cheddar and garlic and herb. Love the selection of maternity clothing-it’s amazing how cute and stylish things are these days. Not like back in the day when you had to wear a moo moo, lol

jodi January 16, 2014 at 9:20 am

go back and get the shirt for sure! its cute and you’ll be mad if you don’t!

Sara @ Zero to Sixty January 16, 2014 at 12:11 pm

I love cheesy veggies! :) My favorite is this roasted broccoli I make with Parmesan cheese. The shirt is cute… but I am not sure $50 cute ya know? Id say wait for it to go on sale! :)

Kristi January 16, 2014 at 12:22 pm

I used to be able to do the cold pizza thing, but nowadays I need my pizza hot. Even with heating up the pizza though there’s something about the cheese that i don’t likw anymore. Problems, cause I love leftover pizza.

Catherine January 16, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I love wandering around Anthropologie, too! I wish I could live in that store!! Most of their stuff is really expensive, but that shirt is reasonably priced and, like you said, will fit you now as well as after your baby gets here. It’s perfect!

Caitlin January 16, 2014 at 12:31 pm

What an awesome awesome awesome recipe. I think this could make even my dad eat veggies!

Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit January 16, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Nothing better than cold pizza and seriously, those veggies??? YUM!

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats January 16, 2014 at 1:20 pm

My hair NEVER used to hold a curl until I switched to a really, really, really hot curling iron (no joke- it came with a protective glove). Now I curl my hair a couple times a week and don’t even need hairspray!

Andrea January 16, 2014 at 1:57 pm

How in the world do you get your LC wedges to melt? Every time I use them in a dish, the cheese is more clumpy than creamy :(

Tina January 16, 2014 at 2:01 pm

I never actually have that problem. Maybe heat up your food a bit more?

patti January 16, 2014 at 6:54 pm

I’d pass on the shirt . I don’t buy things that have to be hand washed.

Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More January 24, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I did something similar for lunch today! I made mine with frozen corn, frozen spinach, and frozen cauliflower warmed in the microwave. Then I stirred in a wedge of Garlic & Herb Laughing Cow. It was yummy!