I love dessert recipes that are delicious and semi-healthy at the same time. It’s like getting the best of both worlds! Having your carrots and eating your cake too (or something like that)!
This recipe for “blueberry pie” is so simple to make and takes just five minutes (or less) to prepare from start to finish. It only requires four ingredients (five if you prefer a sweeter flavor), so you can easily whip it up whenever the craving strikes. And, the best part (since I’m lazy sometimes), you can make it all in one mug, so clean up is a breeze. This recipe is Paleo-friendly and gluten-free.
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 (heaping) tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave in a mug. Then, mix it with almond flour and flatten with a spoon to make the ”˜crust.’ (If you’d prefer a firm crust, place mug in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to harden before moving onto the next step.)
- Add blueberries and almond butter (and honey if desired) to the mug and then microwave for 45 seconds.
- Remove mug from microwave and mix everything together with a spoon.
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
Makes 1 serving
Question of the Day
What is your favorite single serving dessert?
P.S. Here’s another “really hard” workout to add to the collection: Run Burpee Run!