The other day, I had a serious craving for chocolate chip cookies, but there was no way in hell I was about to turn on my oven. It’s been so hot here lately!
Instead of giving up on my craving all together, I decided to whip up a batch of no-bake cookies with some of my favorite ingredients: almond flour, shredded coconut, coconut butter, honey, and chocolate chips. The combination of flavors reminds me of an Almond Joy candy bar. Mmm!
Obviously, I love these cookies because they taste amazing (I’ve already made three batches!), but I also love them because they’re a cool treat on a hot, summer day that requires minimal effort. Seriously. Just mix up the ingredients, roll into balls, and place in the refrigerator to cool. Simple as that! I don’t think there’s an easier (and more delicious) cookie out there!
No-Bake Almond Joy Cookies
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (not coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp almond extract (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl (or food processor) and mix well until completely combined.
- Form batter into 2-inch balls and place on wax paper. Flatten balls with the palm of your hand.
- Allow cookies to chill in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 cookies