Hey hey, happy Friday to you!
I can’t believe it’s the middle of June already! Murphy’s 10th (!!) birthday is today, Father’s Day is this Sunday and then my birthday next week – it’s a busy (and fun!) time of year for us, for sure!
Since last weekend was jam-packed with wedding festivities, we’re taking it semi-easy this weekend. Quinn’s pool party is on Saturday and then we plan to go out to breakfast and then visit the Wicked BIG Bug exhibit at the Franklin Park Zoo to celebrate Father’s Day. Both boys really love bugs, so they are definitely looking forward to it. I, however, plan to stay in the car. Kidding! Sort of.
Anyway, today’s edition of The Friday 5 is a random mix of things I’ve been loving this week – from my favorite easy makeup routine to my go-to pair of shorts and a cute hat for Quinn!
I hope you have a fabulous June weekend!
1. Madewell Rainbow Stripe Tank Dress – This striped tank dress from Madewell is so stinkin’ cute! It’s in my shopping cart… I think I’m going to treat myself for my birthday. I can see myself wearing this cotton swing dress all summer long!
2. 88 Acres Organic Dark Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter – So y’all know I’m obsessed with nut butter in general, but this organic dark chocolate sunflower seed butter from 88 Acres is something else! Holy yum! Often times when I’m craving something sweet, I’ll just have a spoonful of it and it satisfies my sweet tooth. It’s always great for seed cycling when you want to get sunflower seeds into the second part of your cycle. The 88 Acres Organic Pumpkin Butter is also really tasty and great for switching up! Both are nut-free, non-GMO, and dairy-free.
3. Beautycounter’s Flawless in Five – Now includes my beloved Dew Skin (tinted moisturizer with SPF 20), which I wear every.single.day of the year. I typically wear shade No. 2, but I switched to No. 3 for the summer. Flawless in Five is perfect for anyone looking to refresh their makeup with safer (and high-performing) alternatives. It’s a customizable bundle of six products to have you looking flawless in five minutes or less. PLUS, you save $37 by bundling rather than buying everything separately! It’s a great way to “get started” with Beautycounter, and it makes a great gift, too! 🙂
4. Athleta Metro Downtown 4″ Short – These mid-rise shorts from Athleta are my go-to for summer. They are so cute and comfy! The fabric is thick and form-fitting, but stretchy and moves with you. I have them in grey, but am thinking I should snag the other colors, too, as I wear them so often. These shorts are super versatile – casual for your weekend athleisure look or dress them up!
5. Out of the Sun Hat – The Out of the Sun Hat is perfect for beach and pool days. Quinn actually borrowed his cousin’s hat over the weekend (as seen in this post). Quinn loved it so much and didn’t take it off all day, so we decided to buy him his own. In fact, we got a GREAT deal on it! It was on sale for $7.99 and then if you sign up for the Hanna Andersson email list you get 25% off your first order! It’s definitely an awesome hat if you want to protect your little one!
I also bought Quinn this UV SKINZ UPF 50+ Boys H2O Hat for summer. I just love the funky style of the first hat, and Quinn looks so cool in it when he’s outside playing or riding his bike. It’d be a great pick for an older kid since it has the UPF protection.
- Favorite Underwear for Working Out
- Paleo Morning Glory Muffins
- My Experience with Eggs & Acne
- Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowl
- Shorts That Don’t Suck
Sales of the Week
- Zella Live In Pocket 7/8 Leggings (40% off)
- Toms Majorca Sandal (15% off)
- Lululemon Fine Form Bra (40% off)
- Lululemon Scuba Hoodie Light Cotton Fleece (40% off)
- Lole Arabella Dress (40% off)
- Lole Olivie Pants (40% off)
Question of the Day
Do you have a favorite summer sun dress or go-to pair of shorts?
P.S. Here’s a bonus favorite for you FitBit Versa people – this silicone strap was just $7.99 on Amazon! I ordered it in white, and I love how it buckles, which is not the usual way! 🙂
P.P.S. I’m starting a new email series called “Throw-Together Meals” that shares some of my go-to, quickie meals. Most aren’t even official recipes – just tasty combos I love to create. I’m sending it out weekly to my email list, so make sure you’re on it! 🙂
This post contains some affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission from the company if you decide to purchase the product linked to. This compensation helps with expenses to keep CNC up and running. Thank you for your support!