• Jen & Mike Get Hitched

October 15, 2012

I love weddings. Have I said that before?

As expected, Jen and Mike’s wedding was wonderful (beautiful, romantic, and fun), but the reason I enjoyed it so much is because I could tell how totally in love the two of them are. It was so sweet to watch, it actually brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion, and I’m not typically a crier at weddings.

The pre-wedding festivities started bright and early with hair and makeup for the bridal party at Jen’s parents’ house.

prewedding

bridesmakeup

Once our hair and makeup was finished, it was time for champagne. Hey, it was 5 o’clock somewhere!

champagnetime

Then, it was time for the bride’s hair, which, of course, was much more fun with a glass of champagne!

Veil time!

This is when Jen started to get really excited about her big day!

veiltime

Putting on the veil always makes it real, doesn’t it?

A little while later, the flowers arrived.

And before we knew it, Jen was in her wedding dress! AHHH! So pretty!

After that, things really flew… photos, a trolley ride to the church, a lovely Catholic ceremony…

And then we were back on the trolley toasting to the newly married couple!

Cheers to Jen and Mike!

Awww, I love these two!

Bridesmaids!

Jen and me!

The reception, held at The Algonquin Club of Boston, started with a cocktail hour followed by dinner.

Old friends! Mal and I sat at the “Oak Square” table during dinner. I think about half of the table lived at 647 Washington Street at one point or another.

The food at the reception was so delicious: poached pear salad with crumbled gorgonzola and walnuts, filet mignon with asparagus and potatoes, sugar cookies and chocolate-mocha cake.

weddingeats

Cake cutting!

So cute!

At the end of the night, Jen and Mike took a horse and carriage ride through the streets of Boston to their hotel.

Adorable, right?

It was such a nice wedding, and I’m so glad I was able to celebrate with Jen and Mike. I can’t wait to see them when they return from their honeymoon next week.

Do you cry at weddings?

Amy @ In The Mixing Bowl October 15, 2012 at 7:58 am

Congrats to the couple! I definitely cry at weddings…happy tears are a great blessing in life!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 15, 2012 at 8:00 am

I love the horse and carriage ride at the end of the night, I’m sure that was so nice for them to just breath and take it all in. And her dress was gorgeous, simple and elegant! Glad you had a good weekend!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! October 15, 2012 at 8:00 am

Looks like a beautiful day! Congrats to Jen & Mike!
    I definitely cry at weddings :)

Hillary of GRAS Pizza October 15, 2012 at 8:00 am

I had my first bridesmaid experience this summer. I was a mess hahaha. Hard not be ecstatic and emotional for your friends’ happiness

mary @ minutespermile October 15, 2012 at 8:09 am

i’m not a wedding crier, but i do love them!

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama October 15, 2012 at 8:18 am

Congrats to the lovely couple! I get choked up at weddings. It’s always so great to see the love!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 15, 2012 at 8:32 am

It looks so beautiful!! What a lovely dress and bride!

Jenica October 15, 2012 at 8:39 am

Looks beautiful! I’m glad you had a good time. I hope they have a lifetime full of happiness.

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List October 15, 2012 at 8:45 am

i cry at ALL weddings. Especially if Travis is there, holding my hand.

Ali @ Peaches and Football October 15, 2012 at 8:51 am

I haven’t been to many weddings. The last one was a few weeks ago and I teared up a bit but didn’t cry. The last wedding before that was when I was in 2nd grade!! What’s up with my friends anyway? LOL

I love white roses for weddings. They just look so elegant.

Elisabeth October 15, 2012 at 9:08 am

Congratulations to the new husband & wife! They are a cute couple & her dress is beautiful :)

Mari @ Wine Required October 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

Congratulations to the happy couple! I don’t usually cry at weddings. My hubby tried to make me cry at ours, but it was a no go. I must be broken.

Sarah Jane October 15, 2012 at 9:18 am

I have never cried at weddings before, until my own, I cried through the whole thing! It was just such a happy and emotional time and seeing my husband smiling at me, I just couldn’t stop :)

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio October 15, 2012 at 9:19 am

Weddings definitely make me cry. Sometimes I want to plan my wedding again but then I remember how much work it was. I pretty much just want to relive the day again!

NYC Fit Girl October 15, 2012 at 9:29 am

I love weddings too!! The wedding looks like it was a really nice time!

Megan@funsizedfitness October 15, 2012 at 9:33 am

I definitely cry at other people’s weddings…but during ours I was too worried about messing up my makeup!

Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear October 15, 2012 at 9:37 am

I LOVE weddings too. Her dress is absolutely gorgeous. I love the picture of her posing outside and how you can see the trees starting to lose leaves. Absolutely gorgeous.

Beks October 15, 2012 at 10:08 am

Everyone looks so nice! Blue is a GREAT color on you, btw. :-)

Tina October 15, 2012 at 10:11 am

Aww, thanks! :)

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles October 15, 2012 at 10:25 am

No, not even my own. Not sure what to say about that. But I have been married 15 years so maybe not such a bad thing. The flowers were gorgeous. As was everything else.

The Kidless Kronicles

tammy brown October 15, 2012 at 10:27 am

Yep, I cry even when I don’t know the couple. You looked beautiful! I’ve always wanted to be a bridesmaid..I am in my mid 40’s so I think my chances are slim to have that experience but it’s on my bucket list incase it ever happens!

M. Kiv October 15, 2012 at 10:57 am

I think I just saw your friend at our hotel in Aruba….Weird! Small world.

Tina October 15, 2012 at 11:10 am

Whhhhaaaat? Go say hi to her for me! :)

Tina October 15, 2012 at 11:45 am

@M. Kiv: Jen just called me from her honeymoon! Haha!

M. Kiv October 15, 2012 at 12:25 pm

@Tina: Too funny! Well I hope they have a great honeymoon. Aruba is fabulous (but I still love my Boston the best!)

Melissa October 15, 2012 at 10:58 am

I went to my sorority big sis’s wedding on Saturday night and definitely teared up. Seeing your close friends so happy and being able to share in that joy is pretty much the best thing ever.

That blue dress is really pretty!

Emily Petersen October 15, 2012 at 11:52 am

her dress is beautiful!!!!

Tina October 15, 2012 at 12:24 pm

The lace train on the back was especially gorgeous!

Mo October 15, 2012 at 11:55 am

I had to do a doubletake on that picture of you & Jen. The flowers behind you make it look like you have a HUGE flower arrangement in your hair! lol
    What a fun, fun wedding! :)

Athena @ Fitness & Feta October 15, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Ahh I love that you used to live in Oak Square! That’s my neck of the woods… and I am the Group Ex Coordinator at that YMCA. I love it there!

Amelia October 15, 2012 at 5:22 pm

For a second I thought that bouquet was part of your hairdo in the picture of you & Jen – that would have been hilarious! Luckily it was a bus decoration :)

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 15, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Jen’s dress is beautiful!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 15, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Congrats to Jen and Mike! It looks like it was a wonderful day!

I haven’t been to a wedding in ages… but considering I sometimes cry during commercials, I’m pretty sure I would cry at a wedding haha.

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance October 16, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I love weddings too! The colors are beautiful and they are adorable together :)