• #53: See Madonna in Concert

September 5, 2012

Good morning!

If you’re a long-term reader of CNC, you know all about my Life’s To Do List, which is a list of things I want to do or see in my lifetime. I started it back in 2002, and I check it a couple of times per year to remind myself of what I want to accomplish and, eventually, cross off my list. Item #53 is happening tomorrow night!

#53: See Madonna in concert

en-8678
    [image source]

Obviously, I am PUMPED! I’m going with Theodora (Ashley got us the tickets – thanks, lady!), so, for the past two weeks, I’ve sent her a half dozen text messages that simply say “Madonna!” to express my enthusiasm and psyche her up (and probably annoy her, but she loves me). I am seriously SO excited for this concert. I’ve loved Madonna for as long as I can remember and she and Michael Jackson are always who I request when I’m out dancing or at weddings. I just love to hear their music. Sadly, I won’t be seeing the King of Pop in concert in my lifetime. I’m not sure what to do about #52 on my list?

Breakfast

This morning’s breakfast is definitely a keeper thanks to a new love: coconut milk! I bought the A Taste of Thai brand, which was really tasty plus super thick and creamy, but my friend Gretchen alerted me that it doesn’t come in a BPA-free can. Bummer. Any recs for a BPA-free coconut milk?

I used my coconut milk in an “Oatmeal” Minus the Oats-type recipe, which was absolutely delicious and much thicker and way more satisfying than my original “Oatmeal” Minus the Oats recipe.

• 1/2 cup coconut milk
    • 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
    • 1 banana, mashed
    • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
    • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

PaleoCoconutOatmeal

Delish! I’m a huge fan of coconut milk. It’s definitely going to become a grocery list staple in the future.

I added a scoop of almond butter and some blueberries to my Coconut “Oatmeal” and then drank a glass of decaf iced tea with almond milk.

Who would you love to see in concert (they can be dead or alive)?

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama September 5, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Madonna would be amazing!!!! Jealous! You will have an absolute blast. She’s on my list as well as U2 and The Rolling Stones.

Danielle @ A Sense of Balance September 5, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I’d have to pick Sublime, I think. I’m a little on the young side for them, and Brad had already died by the time I got into them. Not my scene at all, but they were my first favorite band, and I still listen to them 15 years later.

Tina September 5, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I bet that would have been an amazing show!

Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles September 5, 2012 at 4:28 pm

How fun! Madonna will be great in concert!!

Lauren September 5, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Do you use regular or light coconut milk?

Tina September 5, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Regular.

Di September 5, 2012 at 4:35 pm

You’ll have so much fun! I saw Madonna in concert in the 90′s. Girlie Tour! It was AMAZING! She’s not just a singer/dancer its the WHOLE SHOW. You don’t know what to watch, so much going on :) Definitely something I’ll remember forever!
    As for #52 maybe choose someone else you love to see in concert?

Tina September 5, 2012 at 4:36 pm

That’s a great idea for #52!

Lindsay September 5, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I have never commented before, and without reading through all your other posts, you could see the Michael Jackson Cirque Show if it is still touring (which it might not be). I felt MJ was there in spirit and they play a lot of his music.

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 5, 2012 at 5:15 pm

That is SO COOL!!!! Alive, I probably would want to see Madonna or dead i’d want to see Michael Jackson. Both are legends!

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona September 5, 2012 at 5:35 pm

U2! They would be amazing live.

I’d also love to see Silverchair, though I think they’ve broken up.

Cecilie September 5, 2012 at 5:55 pm

You should definitely do number 71! Sushi is actually ridiculously easy to make! Maybe the sushi rice (with the vinegar and all) isn´t the best for your colitis, but you could make it, and leave some fish to make sashimi for yourself, then Mal could have the sushi?

Take some fine salmon loin, as fresh at it can get, and add cucumber and avocado. Yumm..:)

And I def think “Visit Norway and see the fjords & mountains” should be on that list. Then you could go snow shoeing and white water rafting here, both could be done easily early in the summer.:) I´ll be your guide if you want to! :)

Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings September 5, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I love this recipe! I am kind of obsessed with coconut milk and mixing it in with oatmeal sounds delicious. Have fun at Madonna! I’m sure she will be amazing! I want to see Beyonce :)

Michele September 5, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I have seen Madonna twice in concert and both times were amazing. I actually sat there thinking “I can’t believe I’m in the same room as Madonna!” The second time I saw her, she was married to Guy Ritchie. It was the day before her birthday and Guy came out on stage with a huge birthday cake and the whole arena sang Happy Birthday to Madonna. It was very surreal to be singing Happy Birthday to her! Have a blast! It is definitely way more than just a concert, it’s an experience!

MB September 5, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Have fun with Madonna! Don’t give up on the King of Pop…you might be able to see him in holograp concert soon. Not the same as live but still cool.

Without a doubt I would love to see ELVIS!!!

Kristine September 5, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I think it’s a tie for me between Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, and Eric Clapton. Such classics!

Nicole September 5, 2012 at 8:22 pm

OMG Can’t wait to hear about your Madonna experience! I’m seeing her at the end of the month.

Amanda @ Might as well Dance September 5, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I think Whole Foods brand of canned coconut milk is BPA free but not 100%. I LOVE coconut milk :)

Nichole September 5, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Native Forest organic coconut milk comes in a tetra pak. They also have coconut cream which is delicious!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 5, 2012 at 9:55 pm

That’s so exciting you get to finally see Madonna in concert! :D I would love to see Neil Young. I’m a fan of really chill concerts with some good acoustic tunes!

Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife September 5, 2012 at 11:12 pm

I really need to try this oatmeal minus the oats!! Sounds wonderful!!

I would want to see Aviici or TLC! I used to absolutely love TLC & I think they would have been awesome to see in concert!

Liz September 5, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I’ve already seen my dream concert (three times, actually!) – Paul McCartney :D

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 6, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Definitely jealous! That would be so, so amazing.

kristle September 6, 2012 at 8:59 pm

buddy holly <3 my first love

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance September 7, 2012 at 1:26 am

Michael Jackson is my number one and always will be. Die hard fan. I have seen Janet a couple times and know it is the closest I will be to him.

Tupac is number 2. By Tupac I mean the LIVE version not the hologram, haha.

Annette September 8, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I can’t say I am jealous that you are (have now) seen Madonna in concert and not because I am not a fan… I AM!! But she will be in my area the weekend before my birthday and my wonderful hubby bought tickets for us as my present back when they went on sale in February. I can’t wait. This is actually my second time because my wonderful hubby gave me tickets for Mother’s Day about seven years ago, too.
    I am sure you had a wonderful time!

Monica September 8, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Have you tried the almond meal based faux meal? That was my favorite when saying goodbye to oatmeal. It’s so tasty!

melanie September 12, 2012 at 9:55 am

Good Morning, Tina! I was a vegan for 4 years before going to paleo in July. To sub for the creamy goodness of whipped cream on berries, cupcakes, etc, I learned the trick of “whipped coconut milk.” Angela gives a great tutorial on her blog [http://ohsheglows.com/2012/08/30/coconut-whipped-cream-a-step-by-step-photo-tutorial/]. Warning – it is going to make you love coconut milk that much more :)

Tina September 12, 2012 at 10:00 am

Sounds delicious!

She Rocks Fitness May 28, 2014 at 3:40 pm

U2 and the Rolling Stones are on my “bucket list”! I have yet to cook with coconut milk, but may have to put that on my recipe “bucket list”! :)