• Hung Up

June 24, 2011

Remember when Chandra and Monica came to visit me back in early March? We explored Boston, drank MarTINAs, baked Matt Damon Cookies, and ran a 10-mile race. It was sweet, and I had a lot of fun!

Before their arrival, I spent a lot of time “prettying” our house. Monica and Chandra were our very first overnight guests, so I wanted the place to look fabulous for them. There were a bunch of projects around the house that I started (like my office), but never finished, so I wanted to complete them before they arrived. Even though I finished a few projects, I didn’t get to them all (like my office).

Since early February, a bunch of frames and prints have sat on the floor of my office. I’ve been meaning to hang them, but I just never had a chance… until today! Go me!!

Here’s what I hung up:

Holstee Mainfesto.

Keep Calm and Love Pugs.

I Love You, Blogs and Coffee + Keep Calm and Love Carrots & Cake.

IMG_0013 (375x500)IMG_0016 (375x500)

Pug silhouette from Etsy.

And my favorite print of them all (from Etsy): I Love You Like a Fat Pug Loves Cake!

Voila!!!

I wish it wasn’t so dark in my office, but you get the idea, right?

Lunch

Today’s eats weren’t very exciting— more bland food. For lunch, I ate chicken noodle soup, M&Ms, and Popchips. All were delicious and mostly agreed with my stomach.

IMG_0004 (500x375)IMG_0024 (500x375)

Dinner

For dinner, I once again ate Ramen noodles, but this time, I added chunks of broiled chicken breast. Last night, I ended up waking up in the middle of the night with a growling stomach, so I knew tonight’s dinner needed some more substance.

Ulcerative Colitis: A Song

It seems like quite a few of you guys struggle with GI issues too, so I thought you might appreciate this video. It’s funny in the beginning, and it pretty much sums up my colitis experience– right down to the insane medical bills that I have to pay!

Thanks, Cynthia for sending this along!

Off to relax! Happy weekend, guys!

Daniela Accordo June 25, 2011 at 2:47 am

I really love the eclectic look of all of the different prints in your office! Whats better is that they all actually mean something to you. I am an interior design student and love seeing glimpses into others’ homes, so thanks for sharing! Also, I have that ladybug coaster too :)

Heidi June 25, 2011 at 7:12 am

LOVE the Holstee Manifesto! I just ordered one for our apartment. We’ve lived here for almost 4 years and have pretty much nothing on the walls other than a framed picture of our daughters. You’ve inspired me to get on that! :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 25, 2011 at 7:47 am

All of those prints are so YOU! They look great up in your office. :)

Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Girl" June 25, 2011 at 7:47 am

Love the decorations! And also love you trying to make the best of a tough situation. You’re setting such a positive example for all of your readers, many who probably struggle with a similar issue. Hope you have a great weekend!

Caitlin June 25, 2011 at 8:09 am

Hi Tina! I recently read your book and really loved it! I love how honest you were with all of your struggles, as well as triumphs. I was just wondering if you had any advice for not eating after a certain time at night? I eat wait too much at night and need to stop! thanks!

Alicia at Poise in Parma June 25, 2011 at 8:16 am

I start a new job next month where I’ll be working out of my home much more than before. I need to do exactly what you did: redecorate and reorganize. Thanks for the kick in the pants!

Sarah June 25, 2011 at 9:10 am

Love those prints. I need to check out Etsy.

Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life June 25, 2011 at 9:31 am

Hi; I am a first-time visitor. Love your blog!

Those pics are modern and so cute. They make me want to run out and buy a pug! Hope you get your tummy issues worked out!

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups June 25, 2011 at 9:41 am

The office looks great! All of the frames look amazing and they all reflect you so well! Love it!

Christine (The Raw Project) June 25, 2011 at 10:42 am

Love the pictures, so fun. And the office looks great!

Serena June 25, 2011 at 11:08 am

I’m so sorry about your GI issues! My cousin had the same issues and she went on a low-gluten diet (because she just couldn’t give up her cookies!) and reduced the fiber in her diet. She is doing MUCH better now. She eats mostly gluten free but she isn’t afraid to have a bagel once in awhile!

Kelly June 25, 2011 at 11:18 am

I have a great UC book recommendation for you. It’s called…

“COLITISCOPE: Living With Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis”

I hope it brings you some answers/solutions.

Meghan @ StruggleMuffins June 25, 2011 at 11:51 am

Love the pictures – its so much more fun to work in a space that feels like ‘you.’

Gretchen @ Honey, I Shrunk the Gretchen! June 25, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I have one of those Etsy silhouettes too! Although OBVIOUSLY it’s of a schnauzer. And the cut out is from a vintage Winnie the Pooh book page. I love that we love our breeds. :)

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner June 25, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Haha, I love the Yellow one! :)

Molly @ RDexposed June 25, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Those prints look awesome! I am so slow with putting things on walls as well. It doesn’t help when maintenance takes my stuff down either!

Stephanie @The Travelling Tastebuds June 25, 2011 at 1:06 pm

That Youtube video is great! Thanks for sharing :)

Stephanie @The Travelling Tastebuds June 25, 2011 at 1:10 pm

BTW… I have heard that apple cider vinegar helps with the GI tract. Maybe talk with your doctor about that and see if that is worth trying.

Sarah@The Flying ONION June 25, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Absolutely LOVE the prints of the pictures in your office! So quirky and fun. :D

Lizz @ Leading the Good Life June 25, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I love the placing you chose for your frames! I tend to get stuck in symmetrical arrangements…I need to branch out!

Carey @ Positively Blonde June 25, 2011 at 3:11 pm

The office looks great!!! Love the arrangement of the frames, gives a very eclectic look.

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio June 25, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Those prints are fantastic and I love how you hung them. What a great office!

Erica June 25, 2011 at 3:58 pm

The frames are all so cute! I love the one of the pug silhouette!! I want a bulldog version :) Hope your tummy is feeling much better. I can relate to your issues for sure! And mine have definitely gotten tougher with pregnancy!

Emily June 25, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I am not trying to be condescending or anything like that AT ALL, so I am sorry if this post comes off that way…but! Every time I see you write “viola”, I have always wanted to share with you that it is actually spelled “voila” (and with an accent over the “a” in French)… I assume that is what you were trying to say. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know as a point of educating a fellow blogger. “Viola” is actually a stringed instrument. If that is what you were trying to say, then I apologize!

Elina (Healthy and Sane) June 25, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Isn’t it so satisfying to get project done around the house that have been on the to-do list for ages. Love the pictures!
    PS – It’s been a little while since I checked CNC and I’m sorry you’re having colitis issues. So scary. Feel better!!

de @ hazeleyedbetty June 25, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Love your prints! I’m totally addicted to Etsy and have a couple of new prints waiting on frames for our bathroom…(note to self ;)) I hope you feel better soon!

Win June 25, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I didn’t realize that you had U.C.! It’s nice to meet someone else who can share in the misery! Thanks for the hilarious video!

Mrs. Fish June 25, 2011 at 11:13 pm

I adore all the prints in your office! They are so personable and unique. :)

Charissa Hogeland June 26, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Thank you for the printable version of that mantra! I’m going to get it printed as a 11×14 or larger for my apartment! Sooooo nice of you to share [=

And feel better!

Anne Marie@New Weigh of Life June 27, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Love the Holstee Manifesto. So inspiring!