• Entertain with Ease Using New Cooking Technologies from GE

April 12, 2010

The final session of the day was called “Entertain with Ease Using New Cooking Technologies from GE.” The group learned about induction cooking and watched a couple of cooking demonstration using this new technology, which works via a magnetic field to provide fast, efficient cooking.

Fun facts:

• The GE induction technology has the ability to boil water in just 100 seconds!
    • There are no open flames and the surface remains cool to the touch.
    • The GE induction range is the official cooktop of the Pillsbury Bake-Off® finalists.

Upon entering the session, we received a glass of champagne with fresh raspberries. (I’ve drinking quite a lot of champagne lately!)

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

During the session, we watch the induction technology in action as two top chefs demonstrated delicious recipes for springtime entertaining.

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

And we got to taste their recipes! :-D

DSC_0048.JPG

Lamb Meatballs on a white roll with grated parmesan, pecorino romano cheese, and spring-green puree made with asparagus, green peas, lemon zest, mint

DSC_0044.JPG

The lamb was so flavorful and moist. For some reason, sliders always seem to taste better than regular burgers to me.

DSC_0047.JPG

Surf and Turf (beef tenderloin and lobster) and Potato Au Gratin with crispy Katafi

DSC_0054.JPG

Both the Surf and Turf and Potato Au Gratin recipes are from the Bull and Bear Steakhouse at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando.

DSC_0058.JPG

At this point in the day, I was pretty stuffed from eating all day long, but then dessert changed my mind: Butterscotch Pudding! Heaven!!!

DSC_0063.JPG

I don’t typically like bourbon, but I practically licked the glass clean.

DSC_0066.JPG

Almost caught up! Recap of dinner coming next!

Marisa (Loser for Life) April 12, 2010 at 6:26 am

Butterscotch pudding looks divine :)

Yay for champagne and wine!

Diana April 12, 2010 at 6:28 am

100 seconds.. crazy!
    Butterscotch pudding yummm :) All the food looks delicious.

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is April 12, 2010 at 6:33 am

That pudding sounds incredible!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 12, 2010 at 6:56 am

Wow there is a lot of activity going on their. You have been one busy lady.

Hannah April 12, 2010 at 7:07 am

Oooh, that butterscotch pudding makes me think of a s’more – and I’m an Australian who has never eaten a real s’more! Can’t wait for the dinner recap :)

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman April 12, 2010 at 7:17 am

Butterscotch pudding is heavenly. Mmm. The thing I hate about stoves like that (flat top, no flame) is they’re a monster to clean. Spill even a little pasta water and you have a major burn stain that’s hard to get up. My new apartment has one and it was great for all of two days. Even cleaning it well right after using doesn’t do much good.

Kath April 12, 2010 at 7:40 am

This is perhaps the fanciest blogger event I’ve ever seen!!!!! Lucky you!!

Jill@quarterlifewellness April 12, 2010 at 7:41 am

How am I a vegetarian and that burger is making me salivate?!? haha. Looks like you had an awesome time!!

Sarah (Running to Slow Things Down) April 12, 2010 at 7:43 am

That is sooo gourmet! Love it! :D

Annie@stronghealthyfit April 12, 2010 at 7:54 am

Mm that food looks delicious!! That new technology sounds really interesting. I would be skeptical of it, but willing to try it out.

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs April 12, 2010 at 8:02 am

Aaah it must be amazing watching great chefs at work! Highly jealous here :)

amanda April 12, 2010 at 8:07 am

Ohhh a lamb slider sound delicious and I could totally gooble up the butterscotch pudding. Yum!

Kelly April 12, 2010 at 8:18 am

I want one of those electrolux stoves sooo bad!

Jessica April 12, 2010 at 8:19 am

I love the little bits of food, so pretty! The burger looks delicious too!

Midgetkeeper April 12, 2010 at 8:19 am

You made me crave sliders this early in the morning. Yum!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 12, 2010 at 8:19 am

Induction cooking is such a cool concept, but I’ve never seen it in person. It’s so crazy to think you can boil water in less than 2 minutes!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 12, 2010 at 8:24 am

I’ve heard some mixed reviews about induction cooking. It’s definitely something that cooks need to get used to.

I’m not sure I’d be ready for that.

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 12, 2010 at 8:43 am

i LOVE sliders…i’ve never had one made of lamb though! i’d love to have that butterscotch pudding too…yum!

A @ Please Don't Eat Me! April 12, 2010 at 11:12 am

yummmmmmy food!!!

i would like to point out that as an employee of GE, the appliance service line is NOT 1-800-433-2682 lol- Best Buy, Home Depot always give that number out!!!!! we dont work in appliances! we do computers! ; )

Lynn (The Actors Diet) April 12, 2010 at 11:39 am

i got distracted in this post – the tulips on the table were the exact flowers i used when i got married! (i picked them at the bodega on the street the morning of my wedding)