• Peanut Butter Addiction!

April 8, 2009

Guys, I’m a peanut butter addict!!! 8-O I just can’t get enough of it and I want to eat it all of the time! What is up with that?!? Do you guys ever get on “food kicks” like this? Why does this happen?!?

Tonight’s dessert was chocolate-peanut butter heaven! :mrgreen: I spread chunky Teddie peanut butter on a piece of Lavash Bread then topped it with peanut butter and chocolate chips. It’s such a delicious combo of ingredients!

I keep the bag of peanut butter and chocolate chips in the fridge, so the cool, firm chips add a nice contrast to the soft and creamy peanut butter.

I ended up folding the Lavash Bread in half to prevent the chips from falling out. It also made a double layer of peanut butter and chocolate chips! ;-) Best.snack.ever!

Tonight’s dinner was a repeat of Monday night’s wrap made with pesto paste, a hard-boiled egg, and arugula on Lavash Bread. I’ve been thinking about this sandwich for 2 days now, and I needed to have it again! On the side, I had some BBQ Kettle Chips, which I also munched on (straight from the bag) while preparing dinner. I ate at least a serving of chips before dinner.

Dinner also included some red pepper slices and tomato-basil hummus, which was just so-so. The hummus flavors tasted artificial and sort of weird. Ever since I made my own hummus, commercial/store-bought hummus just doesn’t do it for me anymore. :-|

From above…

Workout

My workout this evening was excellent– mostly because I was finally motivated to do some strength training! At this time last year, I was a free weight freak, lifting 40-45 minutes, 3-5 times a week! I loved it so much! Now, strength training is incredibly boring to me. What happened?!

Tonight, I did this Wednesday Workout, which was a full body circuit training that works all of your major muscle groups. I did the circuit 3 times, which took about 35-40 minutes to complete. After strength training, I walked for 35 minutes on the treadmill while catching up with the news and some HGTV. For more sample workouts, check out my Fitness – Workouts page for ideas.

There’s lot of good TV on tonight (AI and Lost)! Enjoy the evening, bloggies! :-D

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) April 8, 2009 at 8:30 pm

I am BEYOND obsessed with Peanut Butter too. I just can’t get enough!!!

Victoria April 8, 2009 at 8:35 pm

I totally get in food phases. I’ll eat something daily for a few weeks, and then get kind of sick of it and basically forget it exists, until I “rediscover” it.

Kara April 8, 2009 at 8:40 pm

I get stuck in food phases, too! And then I’ll not eat that food for weeks. It’s weird!

Peaceandpeanutbutter April 8, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Holey Moley!!! Considering PB is my favorite food (and Teddy is my #1 fav PB) I am drooling over your lavash snack!

Maria April 8, 2009 at 8:43 pm

I love PB but the hubs is allergic so I rarely get to have it. I am a hummus snob too:)

VeggieGirl April 8, 2009 at 8:50 pm

HEAVENLY!!

Alison April 8, 2009 at 8:52 pm

I was afraid of PB for years. I’m SO glad I got beyond that. And natural PB is definitely better the Jif.

Shannon (The Daily Balance) April 8, 2009 at 8:53 pm

yummmmmy pb and chocolate! I also can’t wait for LOST! Just a few more minutes ;)

Kristin @ Iowa Girl Eats April 8, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Holy cow – 35-40 minutes of strength training? You go girl!! I get bored after about 10 mins…it’s just not my thing!

Jessica April 8, 2009 at 8:57 pm

I can’t get enough pb either! I had some on a date today, then licked a spoon from a sandwich I packed for tomorrows lunch…and embaressingly ate a reese’s pb egg for dessert!

*Andrea* April 8, 2009 at 9:05 pm

nut butters = amazing. i’m a total addict as well. i loveeee that you put it on LAVASH!! when i went to Armenia over my college’s spring break i had FRESH LAVASH every day (its a mediterranean staple ;) with honey and yogurt sooo delicious

Brandi April 8, 2009 at 9:13 pm

alright. i need to get some pb chips :)

kim April 8, 2009 at 9:18 pm

I too am ADDICTED to Teddie’s.

Jenny April 8, 2009 at 9:21 pm

I DEFINITELY get on peanut butter kicks, I love it! I don’t think I ever get sick of pb, but there are times when the craving for it is not as strong. That is strange!

Lori April 8, 2009 at 9:23 pm

I get food kicks a lot. Currently for me it’s dark chocolate chips.
    The nut butters rotate in there at times, as does granola. I have to remove those things for a while when I get too obsessed LOL!

zestycook April 8, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Oh WOW… my belly is growling! Love it

Meg April 8, 2009 at 9:35 pm

Wow! The PB and chips on lavash looks so yummy. Enjoy your evening.

Lauren April 8, 2009 at 9:41 pm

You know your dessert is good when you post it before your dinner pics!

I absolutely get on “food kicks” – and nut butter is a frequent one. Once warm weather hits, I usually get on a smoothie kick.

Emmy April 8, 2009 at 9:48 pm

Homemade hummus is the BOMB. My mom makes the best (I’ve never done it myself.. but it’ll happen one of these days).

-E

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) April 8, 2009 at 9:58 pm

PB & chocolate is the best combo!

ratzx31 April 8, 2009 at 10:03 pm

boy!!! i’m hooked onto PB too!!! can’t get enough of it!!! esp PBJ sandwich!!! i have pb with anything and everything! almost! :P

Lindsey (fiteats) April 8, 2009 at 10:18 pm

I am trying your chip and pb combo for my afternoon snack tomorrow! I’ll be dreaming about it tonight!

Run Sarah April 8, 2009 at 10:19 pm

I love having chocolate chips in the fridge, they taste so much better that way!

Michelle Hisae April 8, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Oh I was TOTALLY addicted to peanut/almond butter at one time! It kind of became a ritual. Now, I use it as a special treat. I would rather eat whole peanuts and almonds because they just fill me up more.

Sweetie Pie April 8, 2009 at 10:43 pm

My chips live in the freezer, and I love that they take longer to melt when I decide to snack on them. I’m addicted to PB too. I don’t go a day without having it AT LEAST once. :-)

Meg April 8, 2009 at 10:57 pm

I made a wrap the other week with PB and carob chips and all rolled up it was devine!!!!

Anna April 9, 2009 at 12:22 am

I challenge you to find a blogger in this community who ISN’T PB-addicted!! It’s too damn good!

Pearl April 9, 2009 at 5:44 am

your PB dessert wrap looks really creative! have you ever frozen your chocolate chips before?

Tina April 9, 2009 at 6:09 am

I used to refrain from buying peanut butter because I knew that it wasn’t a good thing to have in my fridge when I get my snack-attacks. But since I discovered the food-blogosphere I’ve started buying jars of it again and indulging in healthy amounts (about 1-2 tsp a day) and love, love, love it. I love pb on sprouted date or sprouted carrot/raisin bread (toasted) with a couple of slices of banana on top. Another super favorite is rice crackers with a smudge of pb and cinnamon. SOO GOOD! I get food hangups often, I start thinking about something or craving something and I just can’t get it out of my head no matter how hard I try. It’s rather annoying really.

I love your snack sandwhiches with pb and choc/pb chips! Looks sooo good. I’ll have to try that some time and top mine with my carob chips. I can already tell it’ll be lovely!

And I completely agree about the hummus – I’ve only bought store bought hummus once and that was after making my own, I thought it tasted really bad. I just make my own all the time now and I don’t even actually put anything into it, I just blend up a bunch of chickpeas with some fresh squeezed lemon juice.

Sarah April 9, 2009 at 6:12 am

I’ve been so insanely addicted to the stuff lately too…I’ve always loved it, but lately even more so. Teddy’s makes the best!

There should be a pb’s anonymous for people like us. :D

Shelby April 9, 2009 at 7:50 am

I find that I crave PB all the time! Even when I’m full, I’m like…just one more bite =) haha

I totally agree Best. Snack. Ever!

I go through phases like that too with working out. I do something one week obsessively and then I get bored the next week. I guess I just like a variety.

Catie April 9, 2009 at 11:44 am

I totally get into food phases. The longest lasting were probably my 3 month hummus bender and my current hot sauce addiction. I can’t even count PB as a phase since I’ve been obsessed with it my entire life. I rarely go more than a day without it.

HangryPants April 9, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Strength trainining always bores me. That’s why I like the Shred video.

Angie (Losing It and Loving It) April 10, 2009 at 12:25 am

I love Peanut Butter too! Your dessert looks really tasty. I also like the look of that lavash bread.

Congrats on a great workout! I took off today except for a 20 min. walk outside but last night I did 20 min. walk outside, 20 min. Elliptical and 56 min. spin/core class. I was exhausted after all that.

Brittany April 10, 2009 at 3:55 pm

I’m addicted to PB as well. I think lots of folks in the food blogging world are addicted. :)

Also, I love the Lavash Bread. I just bought my second package and it’s so soft and tasty. I’ve been making wraps non stop!

Strength training bores me to death. I do 4 reps and then I’m ready to stop. It’s no good! I need to try one of your strength training workouts.

Jess December 30, 2010 at 10:49 am

I laughed really hard when I read this! I have a peanut butter addiction too, no joke. I’m sitting at my kitchen table with a jar of peanut butter and banana which served as my breakfast.
    I used to hate peanut butter and now I love it. I’m not sure if that’s the case with you, but ever since I started running I can’t stop eating it! Makes me wander if active people are in higher need of something in peanut butter.