When clients come to me, they often tell me that they’ve tried so many different diets, but none of them have "stuck" for more than a few weeks because they lose motivation. Often times, they know "what to do" when it comes to their diet, but they always end up falling into old habits.
I totally get this, and I too have fallen "off the wagon" and vowed to get "back on track" one million times in the past - only to end up right back where I started.
I remember trying the Atkins diet when I was desperate to lose weight. I remember eating entire blocks of cheese and deli meat for 2 weeks straight, thinking it was some magic way to weight loss. I ended up feeling terrible, giving up, and gaining back all of the (water) weight I had lost.
A lot of people think they just need to find more nutrition information by scouring the internet for the perfect diet. They keep program jumping and try the latest diet (i.e. Keto, carb cycling, intermittent fasting) until they find the solution.
But that doesn’t actually work. Diets just make us crazier and more frustrated. Most of us continue to do this over and over again, but here’s why it doesn’t work: They force us to follow someone else’s plan without checking in with our own bodies. We think we’re supposed to adhere to the diet perfectly to see results, and that’s just not the case.
The first month of the new year is quickly coming to an end. Sure, you can hop on the bandwagon for the next new diet or follow tips from health gurus, but, at the end of the day, you need to be able to trust yourself around food and practice moderation.
Macros teach you how to truly incorporate moderation, mindfulness and self-trust into your diet. And, trust me, the last thing you need to do is follow a trendy diet protocol, because… you’ve got this. With macros in your back pocket, you can have it all (just not all at once).
So, why should you track macros?
- It helps you figure out how much food is appropriate for your activity level
- It helps you find “food freedom” so you can stop feeling guilty about your choices
- It provides you with a framework for your diet instead of feeling like you have no control
- It helps you ditch the idea that restrictive diets are the only way for you to lose weight
- It sets a plan in motion since you have achievable goals to aim for each day
- It keeps you accountable and moving forward with a daily reminder of your goals
- It helps you balance nutritious foods that are important for a healthy body with the delicious ones that are important for a healthy soul
The 6-week Macro Motivation Challenge will help you find REAL balance within your diet. Trust me, you can have the carrots and the cake, too!
Pre-sale registration is only open through Tuesday (1/28) and space is limited. If you’re interested in learning more about the challenge, click here for details.
Just a reminder: The pricing will increase next week. If you want to lock in the lowest rates and you’re ready to make a change in 2020, you can sign up here. The challenge officially starts on Monday, February 3rd.
If you have any questions, just let me know. I’m more than happy to chat!