Hi, friends! Happy Friday to you!
So, we’ve had quite the fun April vacation week. We got back from New York City on Monday morning, which, of course, was a great way to kick off the week. On Wednesday, I filmed a donut review with Jack from The Donut Digest at my beloved Coffee Shack.
The location closer to our home went out of business, but the original Coffee Shack is alive and well (in Marshfield). It’s about 30 minutes away, so I don’t often visit. But when I do, it’s a special occasion! 🙂
Jack gave the honey dip a B- grade, but the coconut donut is a solid A for me! 🙂
And the iced coffee is THE BEST around. Check out all of the fun flavors, which are brewed from flavored beans, not sugary syrup. Coffee Shack even has flavored decaf iced coffee! 🙂
Yesterday, Mal and I went to the driving range and then enjoyed a little happy hour action before picking up Quinn from school. My new fitness endeavor is learning how to play golf this summer, so it was a great start to this new project. I actually hit some decent balls!
All in all, it was a fun vacation week. And now that it’s Friday, it’s time for another edition of The Friday 5 where I recap my 5 favorites from the week. Enjoy!
1. Jeni’s Ice Cream– Omgggggg. Our NYC friends bought this ice cream for us to try one night (well, ok, both nights we visited because we loved it so much), and it’s absolutely incredible. The Gooey Butter Cake was out of this world! OMG. And if you go onto the website you’ll see that the Jeni’s flavors are truly something else. We found Jeni’s pints at Murray’s Cheese, but it looks like they’re in some Whole Foods locations and available online. I’m definitely planning a trip to our local Whole Foods this weekend! 🙂
2. Beautycounter Brilliant Brow Gel – Gals, full brows are in, which is why I love the new brow gel from Beautycounter. I don’t have very full brows, so I love that this fills them in while still looking natural. It’s like a mini mascara wand that colors the brow hairs, not the skin. I went with soft black, but it comes in 5 shades including clear. Photo: before on the left/after on the right. It’s subtle and natural-looking, but makes a difference!
3. Almond Joy Chia Pudding – I dug out this oldie but goodie recipe (if you haven’t tried chia pudding, you’ve gotta try this recipe with almonds, coconut, and chocolate!). This recipe is perfect to make a double batch of at the start of the week (add collagen for added protein) to have on hand for the easiest grab-n-go breakfast, snack, or dessert! Plus, it’s packed with protein and healthy fats!
4. Butcher Box Breakfast Bundle – It’s no surprise that we love Butcher Box in our house, so I was really excited to hear that when you sign up this month you get a free Breakfast Bundle that includes 2lbs of pork breakfast sausage and 2 packs of bacon (yes, you get all of that for FREE!). The uncured bacon (free of sugar, nitrates, and hormones is made from pasture raised heritage breed pigs) pairs perfectly with our favorite paleo pancakes. And the sausage can be used in a bunch of meal prep recipes. We’re eating less meat nowadays, but when we do, we make sure it comes from high-quality sources. The bacon actually comes from Niman Ranch!
5. Clean-Crafted Wine from Scout & Cellar – This Sauvignon Blanc is light, crisp, and perfect for Spring! The amazing thing about Scout & Cellars Wine is that it is clean-crafted, which means it just includes grapes and less than 50ppm of sulfites.
Some mass-produced wines on the market have as much as 350ppm of sulfites. No wonder I feel like crap in the morning after only drinking a glass or two! Mass-produced wines can also have added sugar or sweetener concentrate, ferrocyanide, ammonium phosphate, copper sulfate, mega-purple, GMO ingredients, and synthetic pesticides. Yikes! This isn’t to say that I’ll never drink mass-produced wine again. I love to have wine out and have drinks with friends, but I will definitely do my best to control the wines that I drink at home!
Sales of the Week
- J. Crew Wide-Leg Trouser Jean in Classic Rinse (50% off)
- Madewell Medium Leather Transport Tote (40% off)
- Nike Free RN Flyknit 2018 Running Shoe (15% off)
- Patagonia Raven Rocks Hooded Jacket (45% off)
- Nixon Kessington Watch (40% off)
- Free People Royale Flat (35% off)
Question of the Day
Do you have a favorite bacon or breakfast sausage recipe?
P.S. Local peeps: There’s a CrossFit throwdown at Salt Shack in Hanover, Massachusetts in June! I’ll be there spectating and chatting about macros, so if you’re into the competition thing, please check it out. This one will be FUN!
This post contains some affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission from the company if you decide to purchase the product linked to. This compensation helps with expenses to keep CNC up and running. Thank you for your support!