I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola® Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #swissherbs
Happy Mother’s Day to all of the moms out there, especially mine! I hope you have a wonderful day!
So, it finally happened. I realized I am officially my mother. I’ve noticed little things here and there over the years, but now that I am a mom myself, the similarities are so pronounced.
Last weekend, at the park, Mal and I played with Quinn as he crawled around in the grass. He was having a grand old time, smiling from ear-to-ear and laughing at our antics. At one point, I picked him up and noticed that he had a little dirt on his cheek, so I licked my finger and rubbed it off. As soon as I did this, it occurred to me: I am sooo my mom.
Did anyone else’s mom lick their finger to clean stuff off your face? I remember my mom doing it to me as a kid, and I always thought it was so gross, but I totally did it to Quinn. Ha!
It’s funny realizing that I had become my mother, but it’s also really great too. I have an awesome mom to be just like.
Other ways I’ve become my mom:
- The other day, Mal was looking for Quinn’s yogurt in the fridge and couldn’t find it, so I pointed it out and said: “If it was a dog, it would have bit ya,” which is something my mom would totally say.
- I save every single last bite of food, even if it’s just a half of an English muffin or a few bites of Shepherd’s Pie.
- I was trying to get Mal’s attention the other day and called him “Quinn” and then “Murphy” before I got to his name right.
- I save every piece of Quinn’s artwork. I am so not a pack-rat and typically toss everything when it comes to clutter, but with Quinn’s artwork, I just can’t part with it. I actually want to frame some of it!
- When Mal had a mini coughing fit the other day, I offered him a cough drop””Ricola, of course! Moms always know how to make you feel better.
- I don’t like driving at night anymore. It never used to bother me until recently. Of course, I still do it, but if I can avoid it, I will, like asking Mal to drive or moving my plans earlier in the day.
Question of the Day
When did you first realize you had become your mother?