I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Ours was SO FUN – and it made me even MORE excited for summer on the South Shore. Have I mentioned we’re never leaving?
It’s funny… when we first moved south of Boston, I was so resistant. I couldn’t imagine not living in the city, and I thought the suburbs were so far from life conveniences and things to do. Now, I know I couldn’t be more wrong!
The South Shore is such an amazing place, and we really lucked out with our current situation. I mean, Mal and I grew up northwest of Boston and didn’t know anything about this area. Now, we’re so close to so many awesome places, activities, and friends. Man, I am so pumped for summer!!
Anyway… that was a bit of a tangent. Here’s a recap from our Memorial Day Weekend!
1. Checking out The Hangout at Union Point. If you’re local, this is SUCH a find. The Hangout is a new place to, well, hangout this summer. It kicked off with an epic food truck rodeo, live music, yard games, and a pop-up shopping area.
We went with some friends and, my gosh, we had a great time!
Matching skull tattoos! 🙂
2. Learning that The Hangout has a ton of events throughout the summer! Yesssss! Check out the schedule below – there are more food truck rodeos, outdoor movie nights, farmer’s markets, and (not listed, but awesome) is a place called The Brew Can, which is basically an outdoor bar at The Hangout.
There’s so much fun at one place, which just happens to be less than 10 minutes from our house. You’ll definitely see us at The Hangout this summer!
3. Breaking in our Duxbury sticker with our first trip to the beach this summer!
Quinn had a great time at the beach, but I think he played in the car more than on the beach. The kid does what he wants! 🙂
4. Enjoying some deeeeelicious Chameleon Cold Brew on the beach! The nice people from Chameleon Cold Brew sent me some of their concentrate to try, and I’m in love. A little goes a long way! It’s so strong and smooth – and perfect for the beach. I plan to pack some every morning we hit up Duxbury!
FYI: My bathing suit is from Target – and the top is super supportive!
5. Cracking open our brand new sunscreen from Beautycounter! I love this stuff and won’t put anything else on my family.
6. Trying this new Zucchini Pizza Crust from KBosh. The nice folks from KBosh sent me some to try, and I’m definitely a fan. It was delicious! The crusts are really thin, so they get nice and crispy. They also come in a bunch of other flavors, including broccoli, spinach, kale, cabbage, and even a cauliflower dessert crust. Neat, right? If you’re interested in trying these crusts for yourself, you can save 10% and get free shipping on 4 packages or more with code keto10.
7. Completing “Murph” 3 minutes faster than I did last year! I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but it doesn’t “feel” like I am working all that hard at OPEX. I mean, I’m definitely challenging myself and progressing with weights and movements, but I’m not beating myself up like I used to during CrossFit workouts, so I wasn’t really sure how much progress I was making on the fitness front. Finishing Murphy 3 minutes faster and feeling pretty good during the workout was definitely telling to the progress I’ve made in these several weeks. Murph usually crushes me, and it really wasn’t that bad this year!
FYI: I wore my Boston Launch (running sneakers) for this workout because it called for 2 miles, which was a really good decision!
8. A solid grocery shopping and meal prep day! I love setting us up for a healthy week ahead, especially after a fun weekend! 😉
9. Having friends over for dinner and drinks on Sunday night. We made Cabo Calientes (I’m working on an easier beach recipe – no muddling required) and grilled meat and veggies for dinner.
We had such a blast together, so I barely took any photos – except this one at the end of the night. It was clearly a sign of an awesome evening! 🙂
10. Enjoying a delicious Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowl for dessert on Monday night. OMG, I’m still loving this single-serving treat. If you haven’t made it yet, you NEED to!
Question of the Day
How was your Memorial Day Weekend? What were some of the highlights?
P.S. If you haven’t heard already, the half-yearly sale at Nordstrom is happening right now. Check it out for the best selection and deals – up to 40% off!