Most women diet longer than they need to which causes weight loss plateaus, wonky metabolisms, and damaged hormones.
But, if any of the following are true, and you’re ready to drop a few pounds by getting on a healthy ‘diet’ or cut phase, you can!
Here’s how to know if you’re ready for a diet:
- You’ve spent 4-6+ months eating at maintenance or above
- You’re currently strength training
- Your daily stress is manageable (no major distractions, no new job, no newborn baby)
- You have a start and stop date in mind (8-16 weeks max, no moving the finish line)
- You’re willing to do the work (meal prep, track food, go to bed at a reasonable hour)
- You have realistic expectations for progress (tracking progress outside of the scale)
If you can meet these criteria, then you’re likely ready to diet.
The body responds best to a cut phase when it’s adequately prepared. If you are unable to say yes to these criteria, I’d recommend waiting to ‘cut’ until you can. If that means eating more, adding in strength training, or working on your weight loss mindset, do that first, then explore cutting calories.
ARE YOU READY TO DIET QUIZ
- Have you been in maintenance for 4-6+ months?
- Do you have a start and stop date for your diet?
- Are you currently strength training?
- Are you in a place where life isn’t insanely stressful?
- Do you have realistic expectations for progress outside of the scale?
- Are you willing to do the work?
Did you answer ‘yes’ to all 6 of these questions, then you are ready to diet! If not, it’s time to reconsider your plans if you want to get the best results (and not make yourself crazy).
Learn how to plan your nutrition via my 8-week course (includes workouts)
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and subscribe so you never have to miss an episode!
Comments and questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please join the Carrots ‘N’ Cake Community Group on Facebook.
Follow me on Instagram @carrotsncake
Subscribe for the latest updates and free resources: https://carrotsncake.ck.page/free