This post is brought to you by Ricola® Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #swissherbs
So, you know how magazines, like US Weekly, give you an “exclusive” look inside the handbag of various celebrities? I love these kinds of features because they let you peek inside the celebrity’s life and see what it’s all about. And they look really fun, right? But, of course, we all know these photos are likely “enhanced” to look a certain way for a magazine spread. I’m not saying the featured celebrity doesn’t carry these things around on a regular basis, but I’m sure a stylist/photographer made the contents of the bag look all hip and cool and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
Even still, I love these types of features (they’re especially great for discovering new products), so I thought it would be fun to give you guys a look inside my bag. But I didn’t edit its contents in any way, so you’ll see the good, the bad, and the ugly. My bag goes everywhere with me, so, as you can imagine, it gathers a lot of random stuff inside it.
Ok, here we go. No editing. I just dumped everything out onto our living room chair– trash, sand (how does it get in there?) and all!
It’s quite the pile of stuff, huh?
Since I planned to document what was inside, I took it as an opportunity to clean out the junk in my bag. Right off the bat, I removed the trash and items that really didn’t belong in there (i.e. headphones + SPIbelt).
Then, I went through and removed the items that I thought would lighten my load. Unfortunately (fortunately?), I use pretty much everything I had in my bag, so only one thing (my second wallet) was moved to my car’s glove box. (It has gift and reward cards inside, which I frequently use when I shop, but I don’t want them taking up space in my regular wallet, so keeping them in the glove box is a good option.)
Here’s what’s in my bag:
- Sunglasses + case
- CVS face & hand wipes – great for germs and boogers
- Toys for Quinn – great for entertaining the little guy in public
- Yes to Carrots lip balm
- SPF wipes – I’ve carried these wipes around with me for years now, thinking I’d need them as emergency sunblock when I forgot to bring it. They expire in August, and I still haven’t used them. I bet I’ll end up throwing them out. Ha!
- Ricola® Revitalizing Herb Drops – great for allergies or when your breath needs a little boost
- Wallet – It’s a fancy Coach one, but I got it for less than half price from ThredUp.com.
- Lots of reusable bags – I use them all the time. I’m kind of obsessed.
- My coupon stash – I love coupons! The “movie night” sticker was given to Quinn during a recent trip to Trader Joe’s, but he wasn’t a fan (it weirded him out), so it ended up on my coupon baggie.
Did you happen to notice the naked baby in the photo above? Quinn’s daycare prints photos to share with parents and this one ended up at the bottom of my bag. (I usually stick them in his baby book, but I must have missed this one.) This pic is of him playing with water + friends + toys on a recent hot day.
Question of the Day
Your turn! Peak into your bag and share 3 random things inside!