HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my better half!! Tomorrow, July 12th, marks NINE years of marriage – and Mal and I haven’t killed each other yet! Kidding, kidding!
Mal and I actually get along really well and, as cheesy as it may sound, we are truly the best of friends. We share the same vision and goals for our life together, and we have the same outlook and views with regard to a lot of things. We’re also both Geminis, so we totally “get it” when it comes to our different personalities/mood swings and how to deal with them! 🙂
Even though we’re quite similar, we couldn’t be more different when it comes to a certain aspects of our lives. Since we’re celebrating nine years tomorrow, I’m sharing nine ways that Mal and I share quite the opposite take on how to do/think about things. We actually brainstormed this list together and had quite the good laugh about it, which just goes to show you that our “opposite” personalities do attract and make for a fun/interesting/wonderful relationship!
- The state of our cars – This is probably the most obvious in our relationship. Mal’s car is immaculate at all times – to the point where Qman is only allowed to eat certain (non-messy) foods in his car. Powdered donut? Hell no. My car needs a serious vacuum at all times. Qman eats Saltines after daycare in the backseat. My car is also the “pug car,” so there’s endless amounts of Murphy fur on the rugs. I dunno. Having a spotless car is just not a priority to me, especially when I have messy creatures constantly working against me! 🙂
- Our ability to multitask – Mal does one thing at a time and truly cannot focus on two things at once. I do my best work when I’m doing five things at once!
- Our preferred temperatures – Mal loves cold weather and everything associated with it. I’m not a fan and would rather warm temperatures. #teamsummer
- How we eat cupcakes – I’m a frosting lover, and Mal prefers the cake, which, of course, works out quite well for the two of us!
- How much food we leave on our plates – When we’re eating at home, I usually finish all of the food on my plate while Mal will always leave a few bites, which, of course, kills me on the inside since I hate seeing food go to waste. Sometimes, I’ll eat his final bites, but Murphy typically benefits from his leftovers.
- How we deal with technology – Mal loves technology. He’s constantly researching and buying new things for himself and our house. I, however, have zero patience with technology. I mean, I always have updates on my phone/laptop, and I just ignore them. Right now, for instance, I have 55 updates on my iPhone. If Mal saw it, his head would explode! Ha!
- Things we’re oblivious to – I constantly leave cabinets and drawers open. I actually had no idea I even did this until Mal recently pointed it out to me after doing a bunch of meal prep one day. He walked into the kitchen and said it looked like “poltergeist” had been there. Haha! Mal is always coming behind me and closing cabinets/drawers/poking fun at me. Mal is oblivious to leaving random pieces of trash and receipts around the house. For instance, he’ll finish a can of seltzer and then leave the empty can on the coffee table forever. Seriously, it would be a few days before it finally made its way to the trash (unless I picked it up, of course). Clutter around the house really bothers me, so I’m constantly cleaning up Mal’s random items.
- How we relax – Mal can relax in 0.2 seconds. I generally can’t relax and feel like I need to be doing something at all times.
- How we discipline Quinn – Mal (being a teacher and all) is very Mr. Haupert when it comes to discipline – rules, expectations, consistency. I can be a total pushover at times, but I’m working on it (because I know it makes a huge difference in Qman’s behavior when we’re on the same page)!
Question of the Day
How are you and your signification other completely different?
Past anniversary celebrations: