• Fill In The Blanks Blog Survey

March 11, 2016

Good morning and happy Friday!

I recently saw this “fill in the blank” interview with Lindsey Vonn in Health magazine and thought it would make a fun blog survey, so here we go!

Fill in the Blanks Blog Survey

I would try swimming with sharks once.

Mal and I actually almost did it when we visited Hawaii, but we ran out of time/I chickened out. I love sharks so much, it would be worth being scared to death for the experience.

130731172545-sharks-cage-diving-kzn-horizontal-large-gallery

Weirdest thing I ever ate was cow tongue.

I had it at Toro for my 29th birthday, and I think I actually kind of liked it!

The movie of my life would star Kate Beckinsale.

Mal thinks I look like her. Hey, I’ll take it!

kate beckinsale

My go-to food indulgence is cake.

Always cake. Preferably Funfetti.

Last live concert I saw was Ray LaMontagne.

Oh, jeez, it’s been awhile. If I had to guess, it was probably a Ray concert. Man, we need to go see some live music ASAP.

Favorite jeans are KUT from the Kloth.

I have so many pairs that I love, but my current favorite is the Mia Slim Fit Skinny Jeans from KUT from the Kloth. They have that lived-in feeling, so they’re super comfy, and they’re the perfect length for flats or flip flops. I can’t wait to break them out!

IMG_1290

My can’t-live-without beauty product is Frownies.

Tough decision, but I’m going to have to go with Frownies since I’m actually starting to see some results!

Brooks Running Giveaway

Thanks to everyone who tried out Brook’s Running Shoe Finder and entered to win a pair of their shoes! Here is your winner:

laura

I’ve always looked Brooks – interested to know why the index finger test has anything to do with the correct shoes to wear. ha! I got the Transcend 3, it’s time for a new pair!

Congrats, Laura! Please send me an email at tina@carrotsncake.com with your full name, mailing address, and choice of shoes!

Questions of the Day

What’s the weirdest thing you ever ate?

What was the last live concert you saw?

What is your can’t-live-without beauty product?

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious March 11, 2016 at 6:06 am

I have a needle roller I use. It softens lines and acts like an exfoliant. I swear it’s life changing. I need to try frownies!

Ashley March 11, 2016 at 6:36 am

Cow tongue is pretty good, right!? My husband and I made it as like a funny joke one Christmas and actually liked it so much it’s become kind of a weird, family tradition.

Strangest thing I ever ate was LIVE sea urchin at some tiny, hole in the wall BYOB, Boston sushi restaurant. I must have been in college…lol. I don’t know if I would ever do that again.

Last live concert … it’s been a while, I have kids 😉 Pretty sure it was Ronnie Milsap and my husband and I were the youngest people there by 35 years.

Can’t live without product – LOVE they’re real mascara by benefit. Can’t live without it!

Brynn March 11, 2016 at 6:41 am

I can’t live without tinted moisturizer. As a mom, it’s my secret weapon to look a bit pulled together no matter what the day brings.

Katrina March 11, 2016 at 6:47 am

The last live concert I saw was Madonna’s MDNA concert in 2011! GOSH time flies. Has it really been 5 years since I’ve been to a concert?! Have a great weekend! 🙂

Missy March 11, 2016 at 6:54 am

My go-to indulgence: cake and ice cream (both choc). May have to try Frownies….

Missy March 11, 2016 at 6:58 am

Oh, and you DO look like Kate.

Samantha March 11, 2016 at 6:55 am

Weirdest thing I have ever ate – – hmmm probably an item that would have been in a bowl of Pho
    What was the last live concert you saw? – – Last concert I saw I believe was Dave Matthews Band at Alpine Valley this summer – otherwise it would have been Phox, a band from Wisconsin (they rule, so check them out), in Green Bay.

Can’t live without Beauty Product – COCONUT OIL or Olivu426 Avocado Oil & Dead Sea Mud Mask

Karen@fabinyour40s.com March 11, 2016 at 7:28 am

Last concert i saw was The Fixx at Daryl Hall ( from Hall & Oats) Club in rural NY back in Sept.

Super excited to see Todd Rundgren there in May. Place is awesome and I am hoping Daryl will be there this time!

Heather@hungryforbalance March 11, 2016 at 7:53 am

Fun survey! The weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten was beef heart. I was not a fan.

Gretchen March 11, 2016 at 8:13 am

You really do look like Kate Beckinsale..that’s crazy!
    What’s the weirdest thing you ever ate? – Chicken feet
    What was the last live concert you saw? – Kelly Clarkson and Pentatonix
    What is your can’t-live-without beauty product? – Last year I would have had a huge list, but lately I’ve been laying off the makeup and my skin has improved so much! So I would just say sunscreen!

julie March 11, 2016 at 8:19 am

Escargot
    Nkotb (don’t judge 😉 )
    Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion

Linz @ Itz Linz March 11, 2016 at 8:27 am

eyeliner is my beauty product i can’t live without!!

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine March 11, 2016 at 8:31 am

Funfetti! Heck yea!

Dietitian Jess March 11, 2016 at 8:32 am

My husband loves ordering the weirdest thing off the menu so we’ve had sweetbreads, duck liver, pig cheeks, deer hearts, sea urchin… I don’t even know what I would pick as the weirdest. I haven’t been to a concert in forever either- I need to remedy that!

Brandy H. March 11, 2016 at 9:04 am

The last concert I went to was Daugtry. It was AMAZING! We did the whole meet and greet thing before the concert actually started (I am obsessed with them!). I will never forget that experience!
    Beauty product I cant live without? Coconut oil! So versatile!

christine March 11, 2016 at 9:31 am

What’s the weirdest thing you ever ate?
    I think it was a chocolate covered meal worm at a kids museum in New Orleans – I chewed and swallowed very fast!

What was the last live concert you saw?
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra like 5 years ago!? I love Ray LaMontagne, You are the best thing was our wedding song, of course 🙂

What is your can’t-live-without beauty product?
    I love LUSH and their Ultrablend facial cleanser – I’ve always had issues with acne, even as an adult and this seems to do the trick for my skin!

p.s. I LOVE Kut from the Kloth jeans and pants! I have a few pairs myself!

Valerie @ Geaux Momma March 11, 2016 at 9:57 am

I am Cajun so we eat a lot of weird to other people things. My favorite “weird” thing is Boudin Balls, little bits of fried heaven, thought not available in Texas unfortunately.

I can not recall the last time I saw Live Music and I have been racking my brain.

My new beauty product that I am loving is Rosehip Oil, makes my face super soft. I just started using it a few days ago and it is really a game changer for me. Apparently it is good for dry hair as well. I will have to give that a whirl as my hair is as dry as sticks.

Melissa @ melissakolbeck.com March 11, 2016 at 10:02 am

Oh my gosh you do look like her!!

Yael March 11, 2016 at 10:23 am

I have childhood memories of my grandfather serving tongue on Friday nights and just not being able to deal. I feel like chopped liver is equally weird and I eat that no problem, but there’s something about being able to see the tastebuds that I just can’t handle. A tongue breaded nugget would probably be fine haha.

Valerie March 11, 2016 at 10:43 am

The weirdest thing I ever ate was probably grilled octopus in San Diego. We had jellyfish (or what we were told was jellyfish) in San Francisco, but my fiance and I both think it was just some sort of squid.

The last live concert I saw was Eric Church last spring. So much fun, he’s awesome live!

My can’t-live-without beauty product is Dove soap. I seriously cannot stand any other soaps!

Olivia March 11, 2016 at 10:46 am

Face cream! My skin gets dry after I wash it, and I always put it on under makeup.
    For last concert, wow, I don’t know. Probably when I was still in college! I’ve been to a couple “live jazz on the green” around my city but not a real concert that I bought tickets for.

Sarah @ SarahRuns26 March 11, 2016 at 11:22 am

I’m obsessed with Origins Night-a-mins moisturizing cream. It smells so good and makes my skin not feel super dry (like it normally feels all winter!). I don’t know what it is about funfetti cake, but it really is the best!

Anna March 11, 2016 at 11:40 am

I love my laura mercier tinted moisturizer! I don’t like wearing a lot of makeup so this is perfect for creating an even skin tone and getting a dose of sunscreen 🙂

Taylor March 11, 2016 at 11:53 am

My husband and I saw Jessie James Decker in concert a couple weeks ago and she was great!! I love the Rodan and Fields skincare line.

taylor March 11, 2016 at 12:39 pm

The last live concert I saw was Jason Isbell (highly recommended).
    Favorite “beauty” product is Dr Bronners lavender castile soap. LOVE that stuff!

Alyssa March 11, 2016 at 1:45 pm

I think the last concert I saw was James Taylor like yearssss ago. My can’t live without product is sweet almond oil. It’s a great moisturizer. 🙂

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole March 11, 2016 at 2:02 pm

I can’t believe you ate cow tongue!!! The weirdest thing I ever ate was an oyster. It was disgusting haha

Olga March 11, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Ray LaMontagne has a new album out AND is going on tour this summer!

Tina March 11, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Yayyyyyy!

Amanda @ Cheers to the Weekends March 11, 2016 at 2:17 pm

I went swimming with sharks in the Bahamas. They were just nurse and reef sharks though!

What’s the weirdest thing you ever ate?: I’ve had cow tongue too! I did not like it though.

What was the last live concert you saw?: I went to a music festival here in SF in August… so long ago!

What is your can’t-live-without beauty product?: Mascara for sure!

Jodea March 12, 2016 at 6:31 am

Weirdest thing I ever ate was probably a baby kombucha scoby!

My boyfriend is really into music so I go to a few gigs a year. I think the last one was early December, Alabama Shakes. They’re flawless.

I can’t live without Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream for moisturising my lips. It lasts FOREVER!

Patti March 12, 2016 at 7:49 am

I don’t know the name of the name of the weirdest thing I ate…It was in Sermonetta in Italy. I some so cold cut that head of an animal. It was awful.

My last live concert was Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ.

Favorite Beauty Product: Eye lash extension. Just did them…love them. Other than that I just use water.

Erica March 12, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Since you like funfetti cake, You have got to try confetti cake pop Extra gum.. You will love it.

Heidi Kokborg March 13, 2016 at 9:03 am

Love your jeans!I think the weirdest thing I ever ate was a Chinese kind of cake with my dad. It was awful and very weird!

Victoria Wade@Minus Thirty Three March 13, 2016 at 10:27 pm

What’s the weirdest thing you ever ate? – Escargot
    What was the last live concert you saw? – City and Color

Ps.You do look a lot like Kate B. Wow.

Jen @ Chase the Red Grape March 13, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Weirdest thing I have eaten would probably be chicken hearts – and they are really nice!
    Last live concert was ACDC and they were amazing!
    And beauty product would probably be my tweezers – gah I hate my eyebrows, my hair is so thick!

Megan A @ Life on Planet Marsz March 14, 2016 at 7:56 am

The weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten is calf fries. I was living in Texas and visiting a friend’s ranch. The trick to get me to try things is do not tell me what I’m eating until I’ve eaten it. And that worked!