• 25 Things You (Probably) Don’t Know About Me

July 18, 2014

I saw this “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” piece in last week’s US Weekly, and I thought it would make a fun blog post, so here goes!

SAMSUNG CSC

1. I’m happiest when I’m with my boys.
    2. … especially if it involves relaxing outside on a sunny day and drinking iced coffee.
    3. I’ve always wanted to visit the Grand Canyon.
    4. My family and I love cheese!
    5. I was a terrible math student.
    6. My first job was scooping ice cream. (I got carpel tunnel and gained 10 pounds that summer!)
    7. I could probably eat cake every day. Actually, I know I could.
    8. I stole clothes from my sister when we were in high school, but I would get mad at her whenever she did the same thing to me.
    9. I was born on the same day as Macklemore and Paula Abdul.
    10. My all-time favorite film is Pretty Woman followed closely by The Goonies.
    11. I do a pretty mean pug impression.
    12. I’m still mad I never lived on the West coast.
    13. I met my husband in high school.
    14. I always knew I wanted to go to college. Even as a little kid, it was a dream of mine.
    15. I’m not afraid to try new things. I will pretty much try anything once!
    16. I make the best smoothies.
    17. I have almost no singing ability. Seriously, it’s embarrassing.
    18. I always cry when I see animals in distress.
    19. I’m a Bostonian, but I don’t really care about any of the city’s professional sports teams.
    20. I spent 4 months in York, England on a semester abroad.
    21. I wish my folks lived closer.
    22. At 5, I was deeply in love with cats and ballet.
    23. I believe if everyone had a pug the world would be a better place.
    24. I can’t stand when people are know-it-alls.
    25. Whenever Sex and the City is on, I’ll watch it.

Pick 3 numbers and play along in the comment section!

P.S. Be sure to enter my giveaway to win an overnight stay at any Hyatt Place of your choice!

Sammy @ Peace, Love and Ice Cream! July 18, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Agree with you on Pretty Woman (and the Goonies!) and Sex and the City! I hate people that are know it alls – or THINK they know it all ;) And I also met my hubby in high school!

Kelly July 18, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Fun!!!

6) my first job was at Gap. I made no money that summer because I spent every paycheck on clothes.

7) I could eat Mexican food everyday for the rest of my life. I did, too, when I was pregnant. L

9) I share a birthday with David Letterman

Joann H July 18, 2014 at 8:58 pm

The Goonies is playing outside @ Hingham shipyard Thursday Aug 28th!

Tina July 18, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Awesome!!

Elisabeth July 18, 2014 at 8:58 pm

9. I share a birthday with George Lucas & Mark Zuckerberg (May 14th)

10. Pretty Woman is one of my very favorite movies, too….but I do have a lot of favorite movies ;)

19. I’m from Ohio & am a big Cincinnati Reds fan

Katherine Baker July 18, 2014 at 11:36 pm

1.I’m happiest when I’m with my dogs.
    7. I could eat sweet potatoes every day.
    18…and I also always cry when I see animals in distress ! Makes me so sad. The other night I accidentally kicked a mouse when I was out walking my dogs and literally sobbed because I felt so bad even though he was fine.

fun post ! :)

Alicia Webster July 19, 2014 at 5:59 am

#3) I always wanted to…shave my head to see what it looks like without hair.
    #7) I could probably eat…pecan pie…every day. Yep.
    10) My all-time favorite movie is Xanadu…followed closely by Moonstruck.

jill July 19, 2014 at 8:31 am

#10) My all time favorite movie is Pretty in Pink
    #12) I am still mad I never lived in a large city.
    #18) I always cry when I see an animal in distress….that is why I run a dog rescue in Dedham, MA…I had to be a little part of the solution.

Stephanie July 19, 2014 at 1:59 pm

You can cross off #27 on your “Life’s to Do List!” Quinn is so adorable! :)

pj geek July 19, 2014 at 4:16 pm

#3 I’ve visited the Grand Canyon in every season when I lived in Arizona and sat with my legs swinging over the edge for just a few minutes once .

#20 Well, in a round about way I can address this one. I answered one of those questions AND WAS PUBLISHED in Real Simple magazine once. It was a dream of mine to be published.

#22 At 5, I was deeply in love with Horses and Snoopy.

Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out July 19, 2014 at 9:03 pm

I didn’t know you and Mal met in high school! Thats too cute!

Ashley Brown July 19, 2014 at 11:42 pm

haha know it alls are the worst! Loved your list!! Have a good weekend :)

Abbi July 20, 2014 at 6:42 pm

I’m currently studying at York! What did you think of the city?

Tina July 20, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Loved it!

Martha July 20, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Ah, the West Coast is pretty awesome, but you can have a West Coast mindset on the East Coast. I’m a native Seattle-ite :).

The Grand Canyon is AWESOME… mind-blowing. Go there when you can. If you book in advance, try to do the White Water rafting trips through the Grand Canyon. I’ve been there a couple of times, but never far enough in advance to do the rafting!

Amelia July 21, 2014 at 1:27 pm

My first job was at our pool’s snack bar and I was horrible at dishing out change. No calculator = not exact change. :-/
    I could probably eat pizza every day! Or cake, cookies, and bars. (I don’t like to choose!)
    I’ve always wanted to try out a pixie hair cut. I feel like it’s a commitment I’m not ready for!

Bobbie July 21, 2014 at 2:40 pm

I share a birthday with Madonna & Sean Penn.

I met my husband at my first job out of college.

I also always wanted to go to college and ended up being the first and so far only college graduate in my immediate and extended family.