• Last Week’s Workouts {33 Weeks}

April 20, 2014

Last week was a good week of workouts for me! At 33 weeks, I definitely feel bigger, slower, and more awkward than I ever have before, but I’m just doing my thing, making modifications when I need to, and having as much fun as possible!

That said, here’s a recap of last week’s workouts along with a few videos to give you an idea how my workouts have changed since I’ve entered my third trimester.

Sunday: Off

Monday: CrossFit

Monday’s workout kicked my butt. I was sore for days!

“Smokeshow”

5 rounds for time of:
    5 [Power Clean + Front Rack Lunge] (95, 65)
    10 Burpees

L3: (85, 55)
    L2: (65, 45)
    L1: (55, 25)

I used the Rx weight for this workout, which was fine on the Power Cleans, but my legs and glutes were screaming for mercy on the front lunges. I also did Squat Thrusts instead of Burpees, which you can see me doing in the video below. I finished this workout in 8:01.

Tuesday: CrossFit

The WOD was “Cindy.” I finished 9+5, and I did all of the pull-ups (more than 50) unassisted! Yay!

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: CrossFit

I felt so sick on Thursday, I almost didn’t go to CrossFit. But, thinking back to my first trimester, I remembered working out usually helped me feel a little bit better, so I went to class. I didn’t feel awesome, but moving around definitely helped ease my morning sickness at least for a little while.

For the WOD, I used the Rx weight for the Barbell SDHP (45 pounds) and opted for step-ups instead of Box Jumps—I just didn’t have the energy. I also did Squat Thrusts instead of Burpees. I finished in 7:32 with lots of pregnancy mods!

“Jackie Chan”
    5 RFT:
    10 Box Jumps (24, 20)
    10 Barbell SDHP (75, 45)
    10 Burpees

L2: (24, 20) (65, 35)
    L1: (20, 15) (45, 25)

Friday: Off

Saturday: CrossFit

I was a beautiful day yesterday, and I finally made it to a Saturday WOD, which was awesome! Prowler pushes and farmer’s carries!

“Ginger & Ida”

4-6 Rounds:
    Prowler Push
    Rest 30 seconds
    Farmers Carry
    Rest 2-3 minutes.

*You choose the weight for both
    *Prowler Push should be a sprint
    *Distances in class
    *This WOD is not timed. 2-3 minute rest between rounds. Believe me you will need it!

How were your workouts last week? Any favorites?

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 20, 2014 at 8:58 am

You are freaking fabulous!! I can’t imagine being 33 weeks pregnant and able to workout so strong. You’re superwoman! :)

Shel@PeachyPalate April 20, 2014 at 9:00 am

Lots of fun really different workouts by the looks of it, and tough ones!!! You’re seriously awesome still managing to lift so heavy and do pull ups!!! Think of that extra weight you’re pulling up! You won’t know yourself when you’ve had the baby!

Jackie W April 20, 2014 at 9:13 am

Wow so impressive!
    Happy Easter to you, Mal and Murphy!!!

Silvia @ skinny jeans food April 20, 2014 at 9:20 am

You are a bad ass woman :-) Your baby will be coming out with a little barbell in his hand ;-)

Changes my whole perspective on the dainty pregnant woman..

Alicia April 20, 2014 at 9:31 am

I love that you’re crossfitting through your pregnancy! Keep it up!

Alyssa @ For Food and Health April 20, 2014 at 9:58 am

Looks like a great week of workouts! Have a great rest of your Easter weekend!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy April 20, 2014 at 10:38 am

Pull ups alone seem nearly impossible, but with a serous baby bump… Dang, you’re impressive!!

Erika April 20, 2014 at 11:26 am

I don’t quite have a set routine yet because I’m just beginning, but I do enjoy jogging in the morning. Hopefully I can increase my intensity.

Love your blog by the way!

Simi @ The Micro Harvest April 20, 2014 at 12:15 pm

You’re such a badass!!!! Way to go, Tina! My fav workout this past week was today! I ran 3 miles to a great yoga class. It was the perfect start to Easter Sunday and I loved spending some time outside in this amazing weather.

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 20, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Another awesome week of workouts! Great job!

Megan @ The Skinny-Life April 20, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Wow! You are like the bionic pregnant woman. Amazing workouts! Keep it up girl!

Erin @ Snapbacks and Racing Flats April 20, 2014 at 5:53 pm

I think your workouts even with their pregnancy adjustments are more intense than anything I could ever do haha!

Happy Easter to you, Mal, Murphy, and Baby Haupert!

Ananda April 20, 2014 at 7:32 pm

It’s really awesome to see you working out throughout your pregnancy. Great job and thanks for sharing!!

amy April 20, 2014 at 8:13 pm

i love the addition of videos to your blog. it is great to actually see you the movements in “real life”. great job! thanks!!!

Kristin April 20, 2014 at 8:28 pm

You are a pregnancy exercising rockstar!

Eva April 20, 2014 at 9:36 pm

you are my hero! when i’m pregnant some day in the far far future, i’m going to keep this as a reminder that it is actually possible to still workout only a few weeks before giving birth. thanks!

andrea April 20, 2014 at 9:47 pm

i dont think i could do this and im not pregnant..geez i thought pregnancy was a time to chill and not lift heavy stuff lol

Samantha @ The Faithful Runner April 20, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Great workouts! I hope I’m half as awesome as you when I’m pregnant.

Aurora@Fitness is Sweet April 21, 2014 at 12:15 am

At Crossfit I did Kelly! (5 res of 400m run, 30 box jumps, 30 wall balls.) It was killer, but awesome!

Ella April 21, 2014 at 1:04 am

WHO ARE YOU? I am so amazed.

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats April 21, 2014 at 3:09 am

Wow very inspiring how much you’ve been working out and how hard whilst pregnant. It shows just how fit you were pre-pregnancy to be able to keep it up.

I’m rebuilding my running fitness at the moment after an injury, it is slow but getting there.

Polly @ Tasty Food Project April 21, 2014 at 4:17 am

I really admire your dedication to sticking to your workouts! I’ve been running but I plan on doing hot yoga this week.

Runner Girl Eats April 21, 2014 at 6:11 am

Man, these are some killer preggo workouts! My favorite workout last week was my piloxing class. Theres something calming about pretending to beat someone up :)

Ashlee April 21, 2014 at 8:33 am

I bet the baby is having a blast in there during those workouts! “wee, do it again!”

Nicole April 21, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Ummm….you’re kind of super awesome!

My favorite workout this past week was 8 miles of running at goal marathon pace! :)

Sam @ The Second Lunch April 21, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Love that prowler push – we don’t have a sled at our box, but man that WOD looks fun! This week I went out for my first “real” run in a while – perfect weather, and the marathon certainly helped my enthusiasm! That, and had some good fun push and split jerking in OLY class :)

Bezzymates April 21, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Wowie wow! Tina you’re a super-pregnant lady! I couldn’t do what you do and I’m not in the family way! I know pregnant ladies get some flack for pushing themselves physically when pregnant, but if you can retain healthy habits and physical fitness why not? Kudos to you. Tell Mal Tina Planet is officially badass preggers!

Jen @ Chase the Red Grape April 22, 2014 at 11:31 am

Looks like great fun!

We did ‘Karen’ on Friday but with a penalty of 5 burpees if we missed the target, rested for longer than 5 seconds or dropped the ball. I hate wall balls but with the penalties it meant you thought about it more tactically and I nailed it!

Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork April 22, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Seriously impressive, Tina! Amazing. I think this needs to be all over the place to prove that pregnant women can work out hard, safely and within reason.
    My favorite workout last week was a run through a local cemetary and connecting trails. I’m slowly coming back from plantar fasciitis that I’ve had since September and I’m finally making huge gains!
    Actually, the only part that wasn’t so great was that I didn’t realize until the end of the run that I had lost my car keys along the way and had to painstakingly retrace my steps. Thankfully, I found them toward the end/beginning. And hey, I got in more of a workout than I planned, so I was all too happy to make it up with dessert. :-)