• Instagram for Inspiration

April 7, 2014

Hello, hello!

How’s your Monday going so far? I didn’t turn on my computer all weekend, so I am definitely playing catch up today. I also have a doctor’s appointment later this afternoon (32-week check-up!), so I have my nose to the grindstone—work, work, working and getting my life in order for the week.

First order of business: A healthy breakfast! On the menu: French Toast Breakfast Scramble with almond butter and fruit salad.

Second order of business: Grocery shopping!

We did a great job sticking to our meal plan and eating just about everything we bought last week, so I need to do a serious grocery shopping today. Our kitchen is bare!

This week’s meal plan:

• Sunday: Leftovers
    • Monday: Broccoli & Cashew Cheese Quinoa Burritos (from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)
    • Tuesday: Baked chicken with roasted broccoli and brown rice
    • Wednesday: WF gnocchi with spinach and chicken sausage
    • Thursday: Chicken sausage with asparagus and sweet potato wedges
    • Friday: Mac & cheese with spinach
    • Saturday: Birthday party

Monday prep:

Health News & Views

Did you overdo it at happy hour? Are you bored with your same old, go-to meals? It sounds like you might need some healthy eating inspiration in your life. And the solution might be as simple as sprucing up your Instagram feed. Follow these 5 Instagram accounts for some seriously nutritious and delicious meal ideas to inspire your own healthy eating!

5 Instagram Accounts to Follow for Healthy Eating Inspiration

caitsplate_instagram

Practical Paleo Giveaway

Thanks to everyone who entered to win a copy of Practical Paleo! Here’s your winner:

Tamara C.

I made Quick and Easy Waffles from “How to Cook Everything” by Mark Bittman.

Congrats, Tamara! Please email me at tina@carrotsncake.com with your full name and address to claim your prize!

What are your favorite Instagram accounts to follow?

Just in case you didn’t know, CNC is on Instagram @carrotsncake!

P.S. TOMORROW (Tuesday, April 8th) is FREE CONE DAY at Ben & Jerry’s!

Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} April 7, 2014 at 2:04 pm

I love all of those accounts and always find myself drooling after scrolling through the home feed! :)

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run April 7, 2014 at 2:23 pm

love following @fitfoodiefinds :)

Jackie April 7, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Your breakfast looks delicious! I’ve been doing the scramble a lot lately!

Livi April 7, 2014 at 2:24 pm

I love balancedbites on instagram!

Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit April 7, 2014 at 2:39 pm

OSG Cookbook looks like it’s worth having – those sound incredible! I love IG for inspiration – I follow so many accounts that motivate me to get moving or eat cleaner!

Danica @ It's Progression April 7, 2014 at 2:48 pm

I follow a lot of bloggers on Instagram, including 3 of those 5 you listed – I love getting new ideas from them so I don’t get stuck in a food rut!

lindsay April 7, 2014 at 2:49 pm

i love cait! <3 don't make more follow more on IG, already hooked.

Rhiannon @ Bound to be a Buckeye April 7, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I love Instagram because it is so much more drama free than my other go-to, Facebook. I love to see what delightedmomma has on her IG because she makes the best Paleo treats!

Dana April 7, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I LOVE texaspaleocouple on instagram! Some other favorites: @adashofmeg, @stupideasypaleo, @whaleopaleo, and @realfood_D (my own account :)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 7, 2014 at 3:24 pm

LOVE that french toast scramble! I’ve actually gotten a few friends and my parents hooked on it too! :)

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 7, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I love instagram! It is great for healthy eating motivation when you need to think of something new!

FREE CONE DAY!??! That’s the best news I’ve gotten all day!

Annette@FitnessPerks April 7, 2014 at 3:56 pm

IG does have some great accounts for inspiration-love it! Cait is awesome–her food is always so pretty & simple.

Brynn April 7, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I love IG for inspiration! I didn’t turn on my computer all weekend and I’m playing catch up all day. Ugh. But it was nice to have a weekend with my friends and family.

Kim @ FITsique April 7, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Your breakfast looks great! Definitely my favorite meal of the day! Two of my favorite accounts are @spoonfuloffit and @pbeechie. They are so creative with their food!

amrapCindy April 7, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I absolutely love @madisonmhofmeyer. She writes Espresso and Cream and has really fantastic recipes. She’s also an inspiring person and has two adorable pups!

Brittney @ Sweets 'N' Greens April 7, 2014 at 5:07 pm

I love the Instagram post! Always looking for new accounts to follow.

And thanks for the heads up on free cone day! Lucky for me I work right by one, so we all know where I’ll be tomorrow :)

Ali April 7, 2014 at 5:16 pm

I like @dailygarnish!

Megan @ The Skinny-Life April 7, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Paleo OMG is one of my favorite Instagrams to follow!

Cassie April 7, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I love following Tara Styles for all her amazing yoga poses/healthy vegan meals!

Ashley @ A Lady Goes West April 7, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Well, of course, the first IG account to follow is me: ashleypitt, (photos of Everyone’s Favorite City, workouts, food and life) but other than that, I would recommend: healthyfitnessmeals — that’s my top resource for good food shots and recipes.

Emily April 7, 2014 at 9:16 pm

I love following PaleOMG. My favorite non-foodie account is the National Geographic, @natgeo I think. They post some amazing pictures from around the world!

Tina April 8, 2014 at 6:28 am

@nasa is a good one to follow too!

Hillary of GRAS Pizza April 7, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Let us know how those burritos are from OSG!!!

Lynn @ The Actor’s Diet April 7, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Seriously obsessed with this British Jack Russell Ginny:

Julius (my dog) has proposed to her a few times already.

Kayla April 7, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Oh She Glows always owns my heart! It’s safe to say most of the accounts I follow on Instagram are health and fitness just because I love the inspiration! It’s infectious.-

Kourtni April 8, 2014 at 1:44 am

I really like @foodsetting!

Runner Girl Eats April 8, 2014 at 6:01 am

I avoid following a lot of food bloggers because the more I see food, the more I just want to eat all of it! However, I do love follower the little honey bee…everything always looks so fresh and healthy.

Linz @ Itz Linz April 8, 2014 at 6:37 am

free cone day at ben and jerry’s?! i must make this happen!

Danielle April 8, 2014 at 10:56 am

I just realized that I don’t follow any food Instagram accounts! How is that possible?! That fruit salad looks so good and fresh. Definitely craving some watermelon now!

Danielle

Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork April 8, 2014 at 12:55 pm

It’s so nice to not put the computer on all weekend!
    I love @immaeatthat on Instagram!

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake April 8, 2014 at 7:24 pm

I am finally going to start meal planning our dinners for the week! I see you do it and you have motivated me haha. And meal prepping all our grains, beans, and lentils too. Which means they need to soak all saturday and be cooked on Sunday! Love the look of that French toast scramble! Still one of my favorite recipes of yours.

Cait April 9, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I love it! Thanks so much for including me – I’m honored to be in such good company and to be thought of!! :)