• Wedding Weekend Fun Times

October 14, 2013

Have I mentioned that I love weddings? Probably a few hundreds times by now, right? Well, I do, and I thoroughly enjoyed celebrating our friends’ wedding weekend.

On Friday afternoon, Mal and I packed up to drive to the event.

IMG_5458

We were only going away for two nights, but we had so much stuff!

IMG_5461

How does that always happen?

IMG_5460

Almost three hours later, we arrived at The Farm Bar & Grille for dinner with some friends. We originally planned to meet everyone at the retreat center where we were all staying for the weekend, but the drive took a lot longer than expected (it took us 2 hours and 45 minutes to drive 50 miles), so we went straight to the restaurant. Thankfully, good food and good friends totally made up for the long drive!

IMG_5463

I was starving by the time we arrived, so I immediately dove into a piece of corn bread with butter. Maybe it was because I was so hungry, but it was some of the best corn bread I have eaten!

IMG_5464

Our group split a bunch of appetizers among the table—they were also delicious!

IMG_5468

And for my entrée, I ordered the pulled pork quesadilla, which was stuffed full of meat and cheese. Mmm!

After dinner, we drove to the Essex Conference Center & Retreat where the wedding was being held and where we stayed for the weekend. The rooms reminded me of a college dorm, and it was so fun staying with all of our friends in a large cabin/retreat center.

IMG_5470

The property was really pretty, especially at this time of year.

IMG_5475

There was a small pond and funky sculptures all over.

IMG_5479

On Saturday morning, a bunch of us went to George’s of Gloucester for breakfast. The food and service were both excellent.

IMG_5477

I ordered scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and homefries—delish!

The portion sizes at George’s are massive. Check out the size of the pancake that my friend Erin ordered.

She couldn’t eat the whole thing, so I helped her finish it off after I ate my breakfast.

Yup, I was stuffed after that.

After breakfast, Mal, Erin, Mike, and I went for a nature walk. We were all pretty full after breakfast, so it felt good to move around.

The walk was so beautiful!

Bromance.

I love fall!

We walked for about an hour before returning to the conference center.

A short while later, it was time for the wedding ceremony!

The ladies:

The gentlemen:

Erin and Mike!

Here comes the bride!

Kaitlyn looked so beautiful! Don’t you love her dress?!

I love these two.

The groom’s cousin officiated the ceremony and, before we knew it, he was telling him he could kiss the bride!

Immediately following the ceremony was a cocktail hour and reception.

IMG_5483

IMG_5480

IMG_5481

IMG_5491

IMG_5487

IMG_5486

It ended up being a little chilly inside the tent, so I rocked my new orange sweater from Stitch Fix for most of the evening (except when dancing, of course).

Dinner started with a spinach salad topped with goat cheese and spiced pecans.

IMG_5494

For the main course, I had coconut-crusted chicken with honey mustard and roasted asparagus and fingerling potatoes on the side. Yum! I practically devoured this meal.

IMG_5495

At the end of the night, I enjoyed a big piece of cake, but it was really dark inside the tent at that point in the evening, so I didn’t bother to snap a pic. The actual cake is a lot prettier anyway, right?

IMG_5489

The rest of the evening involved ridiculous shenanigans on the dance floor.

IMG_5497

And inside the photo booth.

If you’re looking for a photo booth for you next event, be sure to check out Port City Photo Booth. Dave (as in Dave and Marie) and his friend own it, and they were extremely professional, organized, and friendly during the reception.

photo (5)

The night concluded with s’mores by the fire and even more shenanigans.

I love weddings. The end.

P.S. Today is the FINAL day to get the deal on the Harvest Your Health Bundle!

Harvest_Your_Health_Bundle_Sale_600x400

Samantha @ 10,000 Squats October 14, 2013 at 8:44 am

Wow such a pretty wedding! I hope mine looks as good. You guys look fantastic all dressed up for it too. Looks like you ate a ton of food! That pancake looks like it’s the size of my head! Haha.

Stephanie October 14, 2013 at 8:55 am

The wedding looks like it was a blast — the venue is gorgeous!

Becky @ Olives n Wine October 14, 2013 at 8:59 am

I love weddings too! It’s always fun to get together with old friends :)

Captain Competition October 14, 2013 at 9:06 am

Looks like a great time. It is the season for weddings as I was in my brother-in-laws wedding this weekend. Makes for a long weekend, but sooo much fun.

Jackie October 14, 2013 at 9:23 am

This looks like such a fun wedding! Photo booths are the most fun!

Dana October 14, 2013 at 9:33 am

What a beautiful fall wedding! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Annette@FitnessPerks October 14, 2013 at 10:00 am

Oh wow! What a lovely wedding! I also love her cake–so so pretty.

Madison October 14, 2013 at 10:14 am

That was such a beautiful wedding!!! And you and Mal looked great too!

Kristen October 14, 2013 at 10:25 am

Such a beautiful wedding! I got married in the fall and just love fall weddings. Also- the corn bread at The Farm really is the best!

Molly October 14, 2013 at 10:47 am

Impressive food for a wedding! What a cool idea to have a bonfire too!

Emily @ The Good Era October 14, 2013 at 10:53 am

What a beautiful, fall wedding!! Photo booths are SO much fun. I wish that had been more popular two years ago when I got married, although my husband and I are starting to accumulate our fair share of pics ;)

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona October 14, 2013 at 10:53 am

That retreat center looks like a really pretty place to have a wedding – especially at this time of year.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 14, 2013 at 10:57 am

What a beautiful wedding, and such a pretty location! I also love that they asked you to instagram their wedding. Personally, I think I’d like if people didn’t use their phones during my ceremony (I’ve seen so many reasons why – like people getting in the way of your real photographer) but I would LOVE extra photos from the reception! Especially since you wait so long for the professional ones!

Annie @ herightfit.com October 14, 2013 at 11:08 am

I love a good wedding. I think the food makes it!

Megan October 14, 2013 at 11:17 am

It looks like such a fun wedding! I always find it funny how much I tend to over pack (and how inefficiently I pack) when I’m driving somewhere. The good thing about flying is that it forces you to really figure out what you need and how to get it into a minimal amount of space.

Corrie Anne October 14, 2013 at 11:28 am

Weddings are fun!!!! Love that orange sweater.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 14, 2013 at 11:41 am

Holy cow..that pancake is HUMONGOUS!!

Bethany October 14, 2013 at 11:42 am

The pancakes look amazing! They are my favorite. The venue was very pretty. And the wedding food looked great.

Ananda October 14, 2013 at 11:46 am

What a great idea to create a hashtag and have folks instagram the wedding. Wish I would have thought of that last year!

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com October 14, 2013 at 11:54 am

the last wedding we went to had a photobooth as well and it WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!

Ashley October 14, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Man weddings really are the best :)

Melissa October 14, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Super random question- I’m looking for a pair of sunglasses I can wear while running. You have a pair of sunglasses I’ve seen pop up a couple of times on the blog. I remember you once recommending oakley overtime glasses. I’m dying for a pair of running sunglasses and yours look super fashionable!

Are these them?? http://carrotsncake.com/2013/07/an-afternoon-in-manhattan-beach.html

Sorry, super stalkerish random question…
    Thanks in advance!! :)

Tina October 14, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Yep, those are them! :)

Melissa October 14, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Thanks!! :)
    Ps- you know what would be a really fun addition to your blog?? Videos! For how to’s, tutorials, cross fit work out how-tos (since you are a certified personal trainer and all!), recipes (like how you make your world famous sweet potato fries!!), and plenty of screen time for your handy helper too of course ( I’m referring to the furry one ;) Murphy is adorable!!)

Just a suggestion :) I know bloggers are always trying to find ways to keep their blogs original and fresh :)

Lauren @ Peaks and Passports October 14, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I love weddings too! I especially love the idea of a bonfire and s’mores at the end of this one – brilliant!

Eryn @ Blondmindedbrunette October 14, 2013 at 12:41 pm

How much fun! Wow, that place was beautiful and the wedding looks like something you would find off of Pinterest. And your breakfast, so yummy! I love going to breakfast, don’t do it often enough! Glad you had such an amazing weekend, thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth @ Positive Change October 14, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Such a beautiful wedding and setting for a wedding! I loved her dress! Looks like you had a blast!

purelytwins October 14, 2013 at 1:14 pm

oh man all the eats looks perfect!! looked like a fun wedding weekend ;)

Tina loved your black dress, you look stunning!!

Taylor @ Single-tracked Mind October 14, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Super fun! I looove weddings!

Lisa October 14, 2013 at 2:38 pm

wow, looks like such a pretty wedding! :-)

Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite October 14, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Oh my gosh that wedding looks incredible! I always wanted an outdoor wedding JUST LIKE THAT but wasn’t able to since my church won’t officiate outdoors (we had to keep the parents happy with that one). I love that there was a bonfire at the end of the night, too. So cool!

padma October 14, 2013 at 7:15 pm

weddings are my favorite! Also love your outfit!!

Livi October 14, 2013 at 11:38 pm

I LOVE weddings- always so fun and joyful!

fardous October 15, 2013 at 6:09 am

ur husband is little like Kevin McKidd from Grey’s Anatomy , i like ur dress too

Erin M. October 15, 2013 at 10:45 am

We just got married at ECCR a month ago! I absolutely love it there!!! Great post! :)

Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream October 15, 2013 at 10:16 pm

I love weddings! and your necklace :)
    -Sammy @ http://www.peaceandloveandicecream.com

Colleen October 16, 2013 at 12:54 pm

How funny, I’m just catching up on my posts now. I was at the Farm on Saturday night. Essex is beautiful and it was such a lovely weekend for a wedding. completely understand the almost 3 hour drive for only 50miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KateL October 16, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Get Out!! I grew up in Essex!!! I was actually up that way this weekend, too, but at the Topsfield Fair… My Mom grew up in that gray house (that didn’t look anything like it does now) that’s on the corner right when you turn down to the conference center.
    The farm is super fun. I haven’t eaten there a ton, but I did win a gift card to there at a raffle, so it’s on my list! I had my “rehearsal dinner” there when it was the previous restaurant and it was .25 cent wing night. Genius! Glad you had a great time in my home town!

Kate October 16, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I love your sweater! Who makes it??

Tina October 16, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Thanks! It’s by Tulle.

Courtney @ Don't Blink. Just Run. October 17, 2013 at 6:11 am

That looks like such a fun wedding! And you can’t really go wrong with a location like that!

Marissa October 29, 2013 at 10:30 am

I’ll be getting married at ECCR next summer… looks like such a beautiful wedding!!! If anyone else has photos from this venue I’d love to see them so I can get excited!