• A Bunch of “Really Hard” Workouts for You

August 20, 2013

Last week, not one, but two readers accused me of making “really hard” workouts, which apparently pushed them out of their comfort zone more than they expected. Mwhahahaha. I take that as a compliment! What can I say, I like challenging workouts!

With that said, here are five of the toughest workouts I’ve created to date. You might remember the first four, but the fifth one is new. It’s a combination of a track workout and a CrossFit WOD—both of which I did last night.

I hope these workouts kick your butt—in a good way, of course!

30-minute total body running workout

99 WOD run

at-home chipper workout

full-body CrossFit-inspired workout

3.5_miles_ _Michael_

Not sure how to do a Superman? Here is a video demonstration.

Please consult your doctor before starting a new exercise program.

Health News & Views

Thinking about running a half marathon or even a full marathon this fall? Here are some things to consider before you register for one of these races!

4 Things to Consider When Picking a Half (or Full) Marathon

IMG_0009-800x600

What’s the hardest workout you’ve done lately?

alana August 21, 2013 at 11:04 am

I usually prefer to go to the gym vs. work out at home (besides running, which I only like doing outside) but my fiance recently bought some TRX equip so we’ve been doing lots of circuits at home, which has been so fun. I pinned these workouts to torture him with, haha!

Katie August 21, 2013 at 12:02 pm

All chevron ones!!!!

Ashley August 21, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I NEED to integrate at least one of these into my routine. When I’m training I tend to slack on pretty much anything but basic running. These looks like they will rock me, in the best possible way :)

Nicole August 21, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I absolutely love everything about your blog! It’s very genuine and authentic. Ran across it when I goggled “How to fuel long runs”. I’ve probably done 3 of your treadmill workouts and tried like 5 of your recipes.

I’ll definitely try a few of these workouts as well!

Take care!

Peach August 22, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I definitely want to try the “99″ and the chipper, but must confess that 70 burpees makes me cringe. But I’d do it. :) Thanks for the workouts and I LIKE their skill level. If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Sally August 27, 2013 at 4:41 pm

My roommate and I tried the first workout last night – wow! On paper it doesn’t look too bad, but man was it challenging (in a good way, of course). Thanks for posting!

Jonathan August 29, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I think these plans represent a very informed balance between cardio and strength training workouts.

Casey August 31, 2013 at 8:51 am

So glad you posted this is your top 10 for August! I’m visiting my parents for the weekend and was looking for some good workouts to do at home :)

Andrea August 31, 2013 at 11:12 pm

My roommates and I did the At Home Chipper this summer. Man did we have our work cut out for ourselves! That was definitely a challenge. The 70 burpees were what got me!

dilma September 9, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Did the 99 workout today and oh boy that 33 burpees were a killer. I had to add 2 miles to complete my basic run. Hopefully I will not be too sore tomorrow for my run.
    Glad I found this blog is terrific.

Happy run

Emily November 21, 2013 at 4:12 am

OMG, I just tried the At-Home Chipper. Felt like I got put through a chipper. Suffice it say, it took me awhile to get through those 70 burpees. I was hoping it was a typo. 70!!! Not even sure how I finished all those push-ups afterwards.