• What To Do In Ireland {Part 3}

April 24, 2013

Here’s the final post from our Ireland adventures! In case you missed the first two, here they are:

DINGLE

Stay

The Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast. If you visit Dingle, definitely stay here! Mal and I had a gorgeous room and the B & B is just a 10-minute walk from downtown.

194 (600x450)_thumb

The B & B also overlooks the water, so we enjoyed some beautiful views while eating breakfast.

243 (600x450)_thumb

And the owners of the B & B had a really friendly (guard) dog named Lucky, who I became great friends with. (I was having major dog withdrawal at this point in our trip!)

245 (600x450)_thumb

See

Dingle Peninsula. So, so, so breathtaking. Mal and I stopped so many times to enjoy the views and take photos. The views were incredible.

189 (600x450)_thumb[1]

197 (600x450)_thumb

200 (600x450)_thumb

202 (600x450)_thumb

203 (600x450)_thumb

205 (600x450)_thumb

207 (600x450)_thumb

254 (450x600) (2)

210 (600x450)_thumb

213 (600x450)_thumb

221 (600x450)_thumb

222 (600x450)_thumb

Connor Pass. Connor Pass is the highest mountain pass in Ireland and provides some seriously amazing views. The road are super narrow and twist and turn non-stop, so it’s pretty freaky at times, but definitely worth it!

226 (600x450)_thumb

Cliffs of Moher. AMAZING!! The Cliffs of Moher were a close second (to Killarney National Park) of my favorite experiences from our trip. I loved them!

263 (600x450)

261 (600x450)

Eat

Foxy John’s. Bar + hardware store? Obviously, we needed to see what this place was all about.

224 (600x450)_thumb

Mal and I met Dave and Marie in Dingle, so we popped into Foxy John’s before dinner for a drink. After dinner, we ended up going back. Marie and I sat by the fire while the guys sat at the bar and talked to the locals for hours. We ended up shutting down the bar!

225 (600x450)_thumb

Bull’s Head Restaurant. The menu was a mix of Mediterranean and Irish food, which was delicious—all four of us loved what we ordered. I also really liked the atmosphere of this restaurant. It was laid-back and relaxing, but fun at the same time.

231 (600x450)_thumb

The Old Bakehouse Restaurant. Mal and I totally lucked out with this place. We were driving from Dingle to the Cliffs of Moher, which is kind of a long drive, so we ended up getting really hungry for lunch. We drove through Miltown Malbay in County Clare (on N67) and randomly stopped at The Old Bakehouse. The menu was awesome—tapas, wine, desserts, and all locally-sourced.

255 (450x600)_thumb

GALWAY

Eat

The Townhouse Bar. Mal and I both really loved this place. It had outdoor seating, a great beer and cider selection, and delicious bar food. It was a great place to hang out after a long day of driving.

267 (600x450)_thumb

The Galway Roast. Mal and I got lattes here one morning and they were absolutely delicious!

274 (600x450)_thumb

I hope you enjoyed reading about our Ireland adventures!

Emily April 24, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Did you guys step past the guard rail at the Cliffs of Moher!?!?!

Tina April 24, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Yep! :)

Emily April 24, 2013 at 3:17 pm

@Tina: Glad you didn’t fall off :-)

Annie April 24, 2013 at 3:44 pm

@Tina: haha I think that guard rail has become kind of a joke for tourists. look at me I’m so cool I did something I shouldn’t have :D

Krista @ Tiny n Fit April 24, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Holy moly that B&B in Dingle is so cute! The view look amazing! I am so jealous! I visited a couple places in Ireland a few years ago on a cruise, but never got to see the cliffs. Perhaps a new trip should be in the works! Hope Lucky was able to fulfill your doggie withdrawal :)

Shel@PeachyPalate April 24, 2013 at 3:07 pm

You got a sunny time in Galway!!! Delighted to hear you fitted so much in and found some good places to eat! Love the random quirky pubs in Ireland, they still manage to surprise me!

Tara April 24, 2013 at 3:08 pm

oh my gosh, that picture with the sheep….and the little Sheep house is just too adorable!!
    Great pics!

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh April 24, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Wow, these may be my favorite pics. Everything is so green! Thanks so much for sharing your adventures!

Emily @ The Swallow Flies April 24, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I think I need to go to Ireland.

Annie April 24, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Did you make it up to the giant’s causeway?

Tina April 24, 2013 at 3:59 pm

No, we didn’t head north. Next time! :)

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance April 24, 2013 at 4:17 pm

SO gorgeous!!! The views are breathtaking. I will love to visit Ireland sometime in the near future. I just think about how green it is with random animals roaming.

Lindsay April 24, 2013 at 4:35 pm

The 10th picture under Dingle Peninsula… I stood in that exact spot!

One of my favorite pics from our trip last May :-)

Katie @ KatieEnPursuit April 24, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Wow! Gorgeous pics, you guys had an excellent day for the Cliffs of Moher! We went to Dingle & stayed in a country home a few years back, it was excellent. Thanks for sharing your vacation & recommendations!

Michelle @ oats n' bows April 24, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Ahhh the sheep! I love the sheep XD

I loved looking at these pictures Tina! Thank you for letting us travel to Ireland vicariously :)

Alyssa @ Road to RD April 24, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Such beautiful pictures! I’m glad you had so much fun!

Olivia @ Liv Lives Life April 24, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Wow, you just went on my dream trip! Glad you had a good time, and thanks for the suggestions!

Nicole April 24, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Looks like you had a fun trip. Beautiful photos!

Theresa April 24, 2013 at 7:46 pm

What a great trip! It looks like you had good weather too? This makes me so excited to plan a trip! Did you feel like you had enough time to see everything you wanted to in a week? Thanks for all of your tips!

Tina April 24, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Not even close! We felt like we were pretty rushed and didn’t have as much time as we’d like to explore the various towns we visited. If we were to do it again, we would have planned two nights in each town or made fewer stops. I guess you could say we were a bit over-ambitious with our plans!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League April 24, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Looks like you guys had such a wonderful time in Ireland! Really hoping I get to go one day!

Ashley April 24, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Welcome back !!

Monica April 24, 2013 at 9:40 pm

All your pictures are gorgeous! Loved all the recaps too-really makes me want to go there! Thanks for sharing!

Katherine April 24, 2013 at 10:48 pm

How beautiful! I’ve been to Scotland (love it!) but have yet to go to Ireland :)

gracekelle at leangirlsclub April 24, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Ireland looks beautiful. My goal is to get there in 2015. Thanks for sharing your pics and allowing us to join you on your trip in a small way :)

Kenneth April 25, 2013 at 12:24 am

Wow. great pics. Bet you had an excellent trip.

Melody April 25, 2013 at 12:27 am

Thank you so much for sharing, this is definitely a dream trip for me! It’s so gorgeous and I’m kind of a chicken with the language barrier, so Ireland seems like a good foray into European vacations. :) Love all the pictures and recommendations!

Nikki doesnt diet April 25, 2013 at 12:55 am

Fantastic pictures, I’ve always wanted to visit Ireland to see the scenery and enjoy a beer or many with the locals! Thanks for sharing.

michelle kim April 25, 2013 at 2:21 am

Wow! Ireland is so beautiful! My older brother got to go there and he said the green grass out there seems like “green in HD”. Glad you are enjoying all the sights from the cliffs :)

Peter@ MadForFit April 25, 2013 at 5:15 am

For someone who lives very close to Ireland (England) I’ve never actually been. I hear it’s beautiful, and your photos suggest it is.

Sounds like you had a great time over there!

Breda April 25, 2013 at 7:37 am

Really glad you had a nice time here. You’ve probably seen more of the country than this resident ;-). BTW – have you been photoshopping in blue skies and sunshine? I have a long-running joke with friends about the rain (and misery) in Galway. Your photos of sunshine are not helping my case!!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats April 25, 2013 at 8:12 am

Loving the photos! You guys look like you are having so much fun :)

Melisa April 25, 2013 at 10:03 am

Thanks for sharing. I loved each one of your posts from Ireland.

Morgan@Healthy Food Newsletter April 25, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Looks and sounds like you had the most amazing adventures on your trip, I’m so jealous!

R.C. @ Just Add Cayenne April 25, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I think you’ve inspired me to make a trip to Ireland with my wife sometime. But first, we have a kid due in November, so it might be a while!!

I’m curious though, you posted about a burpee challenge your box had going on for April. To complete the challenge, each person had to average 90 burpees a day. Did you do any while in Ireland?

You’ve inspired me to do my own 90 burpees/day challenge and so far so good, so just wondering how you were coming along too!

Tina April 25, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Our box stopped after about a week because there were so many overuse injuries, so I stopped too. I did 700 Burpees in a week though!

RC @ Just Add Cayenne April 26, 2013 at 12:15 am

@Tina:
    Well crap, I’ve been doing them religiously this whole month!

I’m at 2,566 right now and really just need to get my 2,700 before Sunday. I’ll be running the Oklahom City Memorial Marathon and don’t think I’ll be in the mood for burpees the rest of the month.

Hope the injuries weren’t too serious for those at your box, and 700 in a week is still damn good!

Kelly@BalancedDaily April 26, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Wow you guys got some really great pictures on your trips at all beautiful sights! I have yet to make it to Ireland, but the natural landscapes and down-to-earth locals make it seem like on of the best destinations to make sure I make it to one day.

Ryan @ Pause The Moment April 27, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Ahh, Ireland. You’re bringing back too many memories! I’ve never visited the Dingle cliffs but they look awfully like the Cliffs of Moher (incredible!). Glad to see you’re enjoying yourselves there.

Leah @ Whitefoot Blog April 27, 2013 at 3:33 pm

So glad you had nice weather for the Cliffs of Moher! It was raining buckets and completely fogged over when I went. :/ Your pictures look great! :)

Parker April 28, 2013 at 2:22 pm

What great timing. My friend is heading to Ireland in a couple days. I’m forwarding this on right now, thanks.

Roy Montgomery April 29, 2013 at 10:37 am

Great Photos. I have had many a trip to Ireland playing rugby and there are many tremendous walks on the Emerald Isle……..and of course there is always the Black stuff to quench your thirst!

Keith April 30, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Looks cold, but very beautiful as well. Love how green it is!

GaryD May 4, 2013 at 5:16 am

Ahh Dingle one of my favorite places in Ireland, did you get to see Fungi the dolphin

Kath May 5, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Your trip looked amazing!