• National Pumpkin Day

October 26, 2012

Good morning! Happy Friday and happy National Pumpkin Day!

In honor of the day, here are some of my all-time favorite pumpkin recipes!

And, of course, it being National Pumpkin Day and all, I started my morning with Pumpkin OMG Pancakes!

I whipped up the batter yesterday afternoon.

And then stored it in the fridge overnight, so it was ready to go this morning.

The recipe is my OMG Pancakes recipe + 1/2 cup canned pumpkin + 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice + 1 tablespoon cinnamon + an extra 1/4 cup-ish almond flour. My batter was a little runny, so I just kept adding almond flour until it thickened.

I topped my pancakes with Teddie peanut butter and maple syrup. Delish!

I replaced the ball in Murphy’s breakfast with a mini pumpkin, so he could enjoy National Pumpkin Day too.

He was not amused.

What’s your favorite way to enjoy pumpkin?

P.S. My friend Theodora is running the Marine Corps Marathon this weekend. Please click over to her blog and wish her luck!

tammy brown October 26, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Looking forward to trying out these pumpkin pancakes tomorrow!!! They look OMG Good!!!

Ashleigh October 26, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Made these for a party a couple weeks ago and they were a huge hit! Even heard a couple guys say it was the best brownies they’ve ever had. They are ahhhhmaze!

I’m running my a marathon this weekend too! The Cape Cod Marathon on Sunday – my first!

Tina October 26, 2012 at 2:43 pm

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashleigh October 26, 2012 at 9:20 pm

@Tina: Thank you!! hurricane be damned!

Sadie October 26, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I just found a great easy recipe for pumpkin granola bars! But I pretty much love pumpkin flavored anything! I found the granola bar recipe here:

jenny October 26, 2012 at 2:51 pm

There is always pug butt in our pictures too! No matter how hard we try, our Max, gets his little tail in every picture. He looks so cute trying to tell you to get that pumpkin the heck out of his bowl!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 26, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Aw, Murphy’s all like “what tha?!”

Christina October 26, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Mmm…I <3 pumpkin. Especially pumpkin spice coffee and creamer. I'll definitely have to try this pancake recipe.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 26, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I’m so happy I decided to put pumpkin butter on my toast this morning. It’s like I knew today was a day to celebrate! 😉

Erica October 26, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Murphy has NEVER failed to make me literally LOL while Im at work reading your blog. His faces honestly make my day!!!! :)

luv what you do October 26, 2012 at 9:10 pm

How did I miss pumpkin day? Luckily I am celebrating with pumpkin pie dip!
    So my mom and I did your plank workout this morning. Our initial planks were 2 minutes, so we want to make it to 4 minutes. My mom asked me why and I told her because we wanted sexy abs : ) Thanks for the great workouts…looking forward to the ones to come!

Courtney October 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Could you tell me what vitamin that Murphy is on that helps with his shedding? I have a pug who look almost like Murphy’s twin and he sheds like only another pug owner would believe! Those pancakes look delish!!

Tina October 30, 2012 at 2:19 pm

He took a multivitamin with omega-3’s in it from our vet. I think it sort of helped, but we stopped giving it to him awhile ago.