• Life Is Good

July 14, 2011

Yay! Tonight’s barbeque was a huge success! And I love our friends!

The evening started with conversation around the table outside on our back porch. While we chatted, we munched on chips and salsa. I also sipped on an Arnold Palmer. (After last night, there were no John Dalys for me!)

On the dinner menu: grilled hamburgers, garlicky couscous, and salad.

IMG_0005 (500x375) IMG_0006 (500x375)

My plate: hamburger + Annie’s Goddess Dressing for dipping and salad with balsamic vinegar.

Dessert (not surprisingly) was the highlight of the meal for me. I made S’mores on a Stick for our guests.

And our guests brought cupcakes from Sweet!! I was so psyched! Thanks, Dave and Marie!

Mmmmm… Karat Cake!

We shared.

They also brought Pupcakes for our doggie friends!

IMG_0019 (375x500) IMG_0020 (500x375)

I love summer… and barbeques… and cupcakes… and puppies… and good friends. I’m off to bed with a big smile on my face. Life is good.

Good night, guys!

Hope July 15, 2011 at 8:54 am

What a great bbq! Those smores on a stick look incredible! I’m going to have to try making them! Those cupcakes look really good too. Cupcakes are my weakness ;)

Emily @ A Cambridge Story July 15, 2011 at 9:00 am

Looks like the perfect night! I love when time with good friends AND pups can be combined.

Christie July 15, 2011 at 9:34 am

Pupcakes?!?! What an interesting idea! I swear, the cupcake trend will NEVER get old to me.

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio July 15, 2011 at 9:46 am

What a fun BBQ!! The Smores on a stick look awesome! Must try.

Ella July 15, 2011 at 10:00 am

Oh man.. Sweet’s cupcakes are SO GOOD but their customer service is SO BAD! :( My sister used Sweet for her wedding reception and they messed up… and were unapologetic about it! wtf!!! I’ll stick with Kickass Cupcakes..

Kim (Imperfectly Perfect) July 15, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Sounds (and looks) like the perfect way to spend a night with friends. I’m glad you enjoyed the BBQ!

Shayla @ The Good Life July 15, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I like to write about what living the good life is for my hubby and I and I have to say, your day of food and friends is definitely a good life day in my book ;)

Julia @ Watermelon Smiles July 15, 2011 at 4:40 pm

The amount of frosting on those cupcakes makes me swoon.

Alaina July 15, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Haha, I love the white dog’s expression when it see’s the pupcakes! So excited!

That looks like a perfect evening to me! :-)

Ali @ Ali Runs July 15, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Those s’mores on a stick look amazing! I will definitely have to make them asap! :)

Stephanie July 16, 2011 at 12:37 am

Do u like these smores more than the real thing btw?