• Race in the Rain

March 14, 2010

Well, I’ve never done anything like that before! This morning’s 5k felt like an extreme sport at times. Holy wind and rain! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

We arrived at the race about 30 minutes before the start time, so we hid out in the T station to stay dry and warm.

A lot of the other runners did the same. It was scary outside!

About 10 minutes before the start of the race, we all headed outside into the monsoon.

The race itself was cold, rainy, and blustery, but somehow I beat my 5k PR! I’m not sure of my offical time quite yet, but the clock time was faster than my personal best. Yay! ๐Ÿ˜€ The weather was absolutely miserable, so I ran my little heart out just so it would be over!

When I finally made it to the bar, I realized that my camera didn’t survive the wet race weather. ๐Ÿ˜•

But, eventually, my camera dried out! :mrgreen:

IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0880.JPG

After a 3-mile race and a few beers, it was definitely time to eat. We ordered a big plate of regular nachos and buffalo chicken nachos to share. I was starving, so I chowed down!

We demolished the nachos!

I’m so glad that I ran the race today! It was such a blast– even with the rain and freezing cold temps!

I just took the most amazing hot shower and put on my warmest PJs. Now, Mal, Murph, and I are heading over to Dave and Marie’s house for dinner and a movie. It sounds like the perfect Sunday night to me!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) March 14, 2010 at 8:21 pm

congrats on the race! i am uber impressed. i would’ve definitely stayed home!

Nutritious Foodie March 14, 2010 at 8:30 pm

I flew out of Boston this morning and holy rain… it poured all night long.

Paige (Running Around Normal) March 14, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Oh yuck, yuck, yuck on the weather! But congrats on your PR! Looks like you all had a blast afterward ๐Ÿ˜€

Emily Eats and Exercises March 14, 2010 at 8:34 pm

You are super hard core! I spend the day helping my parents pump water out of their basement instead… yours looks much more fun.

Elina March 14, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Sorry I missed you. Glad you had a blast despite the freezing rain. I beat my 5K PR as well… anxiously waiting for those numbers to come out! ๐Ÿ˜€

blubeari March 14, 2010 at 10:46 pm

congrats on the PR!!! Looks like a great time :-)

Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) March 15, 2010 at 12:13 am

Yikes! You’re a trooper though!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] March 15, 2010 at 12:51 am

Glad your camera finally dried out. That would of been a big bummer. Congrats on the PR! =]

Naomi (onefitfoodie) March 15, 2010 at 5:23 am

it was CRAZY weather here this weekend, my friend was supposed to run in the southie race, but she backed out because she was driving from the north…awesome job beating your 5k PR!!

Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com March 15, 2010 at 8:21 am

I totally thought our weather was going to be the same for my race on Saturday, but it wasn’t bad at all. It didn’t start raining until well after the race as over. Here’s hoping this weekend’s 8K weather will be good, too.

Rosalie March 15, 2010 at 9:16 am

WOW. Yeah I definitely signed up for this race and I was super stoked for my first race of the season, but I wimped out. Love the holiday-appropriate raincoat!

Elana March 15, 2010 at 11:28 am

You ran right by my house! :) I was so impressed looking out the window watching all the runners out there in such terrible weather… awesome!!

Abbey Jay March 15, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Congrats on the race! I go to Tufts University and I was actually watching the race with a few of my friends. I was so impressed with everyone who ran it! :)