Happy Hump Day, folks!
So, I got a little creative in the kitchen this morning. I gave an old favorite a new twist by adding some new and different ingredients to it. My recipe brainchild was inspired by Kath’s Oatmeal Pancake Recipe, which is an oldie, but goodie!
Wheatberry & Flax Oatmeal Pancake
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup wheatberries
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl
- Preheat a skillet, spray with non-stick spray, and pour batter in while shaping it into a “pancake” with a spoon
- Heat for 3-5 minutes until ready to flip and then heat other side until cooked through
- Top with syrup, peanut butter, fresh fruit, etc.
I topped my oatmeal pancake with “hippy butter” and maple syrup.
On the side, I had some green grapes.
And an iced coffee with vanilla soy milk.
It was a delicious breakfast! YUM! It was also very filling… and HUGE! Let’s hope it hold me over until lunchtime.
Feel Great Weight
For this week’s post, I wrote about my Body Pump obsession: How Weight-Lifting Classes Help Beat a Diet Plateau
Question of the Day
What’s one of your favorite recipes that you discovered from the blog world? Feel free to share some link love! 😉
P.S. Just a quick reminder, you can still get $75 off the Garmin Forerunner 305. The coupon is good until Friday!